Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams was on this team last year. Branch only started when Carrington went down - would he still have played if that injury had not happened? The scheme is huge. If Pettine leaves how much turnover happens on that side of the ball? This is the last HC position out there; most coaches are hired and have homes who deserve one.

BTW to need to be an !@#$ and start with your doom and gloom crap. I have followed this team since the mid 80s...

Even if we had these same players that we signed and drafted would not have had the impact they did without Pettine and the D coaches. You can love the players all you want and try to spin that we will be fine with our Coach Pettine - depending on our moves if he leaves, could really hurt us. As much as I want Marrone to succeed - I am just not sure.

I just don't follow blind faith and wear my kool-aid glasses while looking for a silver lining. I have followed this team for too long to know that it does not go that way for us....

Trying to soften the blow doesn't fix the impact of the loss....

I don't know how much plainer I can say this. The 2013 defense started 6 new players at various positions. All four LBs, their RDE, and their SS. Are you suggesting that because A Williams was on the team in 2011 that he wasn't a new SS? Or that because Bradham played the Sam as a rookie, that he wasn't new to playing the middle in 2013?

Right. When in doubt, just accuse any rational thinker who doesn't react with uninformed emotion, of being a "kool-aid drinker." Have fun next season.

GO BILLS!!!

So Bills Twitter & John Murphy Re-tweeted their earlier stories saying that they Hvae a plan if Pettine leaves. Me thinks Pettine told them he accepted; just waiting for the Browns to confirm before they wish him well...

Pretty reasonable reading of that. Did they just re-tweet it within the last 15-30 minutes?

Congrats to Pettine. I hope he does well for Cleveland. Browns fans are as desperate as we are, and I hope he brings some success to them.

Agreed. He's worked a long time for this opportunity. I wish him all the luck in the world.

GO BILLS!!!

Pretty reasonable reading of that. Did they just re-tweet it within the last 15-30 minutes?

Yup....

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 18m

Podcast from the #Senior Bowl- Latest from the #Bills, Doug Whaley on Pettine, and 1-on-1 with WR Jordan Matthews: http://ow.ly/sOOm6

View summary

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 15m

#Bills ready if Pettine departs http://ow.ly/sOOuL (via @JohnMurphyShow)

Expand

I completely agree on the Rust Belt Blizzards. And they should get to play both Bills and Browns players. 22 on 11. Maybe theyd even make the playoffs... After a 3 year rebuild of course.

Haha. The Blizzards would make a strong bid for a WC spot in '14. Just need a QB. Three first round picks will help though.

Yup....

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 18m

Podcast from the #Senior Bowl- Latest from the #Bills, Doug Whaley on Pettine, and 1-on-1 with WR Jordan Matthews: http://ow.ly/sOOm6

View summary

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 15m

#Bills ready if Pettine departs http://ow.ly/sOOuL (via @JohnMurphyShow)

Expand

Article makes it sound like it would be an outside the org replacement.

I don't know how much plainer I can say this. The 2013 defense started 6 new players at various positions. All four LBs, their RDE, and their SS. Are you suggesting that because A Williams was on the team in 2011 that he wasn't a new SS? Or that because Bradham played the Sam as a rookie, that he wasn't new to playing the middle in 2013?

Right. When in doubt, just accuse any rational thinker who doesn't react with uninformed emotion, of being a "kool-aid drinker." Have fun next season.

GO BILLS!!!

You are calling A Williams a new player...not a new player...Carrington started until he got injured; then Branch came on...Would Branch have played to same under another coach or was it Pettine and the scheme? How would any of these newer starters performed under a different scheme and not Pettine and his hires for our D? You try to take the otehr side to say that it is more on the players than the coaches...That is not necessarily the case...

My point is who else on this staff will leave and who else can run this Scheme? Henderson does not impress me; another 'Cuse hire does not either. Aside from Wade all that is out there is not much...

You can try to point to the players all that you want, but Pettine is a huge reason for them playing better.

My point is who else on this staff will leave and who else can run this Scheme? Henderson does not impress me; another 'Cuse hire does not either. Aside from Wade all that is out there is not much...

You can try to point to the players all that you want, but Pettine is a huge reason for them playing better.

Teams lose coordinators all the time. It's a setback but not a huge one. No reason to jump to conclusions on who buffalo hires as a replacement.

Wow Cleveland sports reporters are a joke.

hired​​

not hired

No offer

Offer

hired

Beerball

Hired

???

???

What the hell is now?

Teams lose coordinators all the time. It's a setback but not a huge one. No reason to jump to conclusions on who buffalo hires as a replacement.

this late in the ball game looking for coordinators? We have a defense that needs aggressive schemes. There are few coaches out there successful with running them. I think if Pettine goes the Bills must hire me.

Late in the game to get a DC now. Our history of coaching hires does not impress me. Honestly Pettine was the only Marrone hire that made sense. We had this scheme for 1 year - it isn't a Bills scheme that has been here for years and you can plug and play coordinators like NE, Jets, Ravens etc...

The whole scheme hasn't even been fully implemented in one year which is why this is very concerning...

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

Late in the game to get a DC now. Our history of coaching hires does not impress me. Honestly Pettine was the only Marrone hire that made sense. We had this scheme for 1 year - it isn't a Bills scheme that has been here for years and you can plug and play coordinators like NE, Jets, Ravens etc...

It is concerning...

It sucks, yes. Frustrating, yes. But for once Buffalo didn't really do anything wrong here. The disaster that is Cleveland torpedoed us.

That being said, the entire fate of the Bills is in the hands of who's under center.

With that improved defense we didn't see a change in the record for the better from last year. It's all about the QB.