Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

Pettine and the schemes had the biggest impact.....

It is a huge loss for this team. Our SS is not new either...Branch came in when Carrington went down. Guarantee if he didn't play under Pettine and his scheme he would have had a Mark Anderson impact for us...

You honestly can't say that Pettine was a huge impact. They players on our D didn't turn over that much...

2012 SS - George Wilson

2013 SS - A Williams, Searcy

And if 6 out of 11 positions isn't much turnover, then I don't know what is.

And I'm not saying Pettine didn't have an impact. Of course he did. I'm saying we have a veteran defense with a full year in the system with 4 Pro Bowlers, a DROY candidate, and pretty good depth. They won't suddenly forget how to play this defense because Pettine got his shot.

But don't let me spoil your doom party.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine and the schemes had the biggest impact.....

It is a huge loss for this team. Our SS is not new either...Branch came in when Carrington went down. Guarantee if he didn't play under Pettine and his scheme he would have had a Mark Anderson impact for us...

You honestly can't say that Pettine was a huge impact. They players on our D didn't turn over that much...

I think coaching plays a huge part. Will be pissed if Pettine leaves. But last year, Dareus was non existent with his head not in the game, Mario was injured and often his head was not in the game, no Kiko, no Hughes, no Branch, no Lawson, no Robey, A Williams was a CB and awful (remember when Rogers was at CB this year our DBs were awful as well), McLuvin was not starting. It was not at all the same players playing.

If he gets hired by Cleveland, it will be the most upset and dejected Ive been by this loser team in the last 10 years.

If you dont think Pettine will be a huge loss and a fantastic hire for Cleveland, just go on twitter right now and see how many of them are super stoked about the hire.

Why couldn't we be imaginative and hired him last year? Because we thought a guy who says Obviously 100 times in a convo would be the answer.

Im so bummed

So I need to measure the level of satisfaction of Browns fans to know how much Pettine will be missed? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

2012 SS - George Wilson

2013 SS - A Williams, Searcy

And if 6 out of 11 positions isn't much turnover, then I don't know what is.

And I'm not saying Pettine didn't have an impact. Of course he did. I'm saying we have a veteran defense with a full year in the system with 4 Pro Bowlers, a DROY candidate, and pretty good depth. They won't suddenly forget how to play this defense because Pettine got his shot.

But don't let me spoil your doom party.

GO BILLS!!!

Williams was on this team last year. Branch only started when Carrington went down - would he still have played if that injury had not happened? The scheme is huge. If Pettine leaves how much turnover happens on that side of the ball? This is the last HC position out there; most coaches are hired and the ones who deserve one have a home. (Wade aside)

BTW to need to be an !@#$ and start with your doom and gloom crap. I have followed this team since the mid 80s, bought into the new a shiny polished turds, etc.

Even if we had these same players that we signed and drafted they most likely would not have had the impact they did without Pettine and the D coaches. You can love the players all you want and try to spin that we will be fine without Coach Pettine.

I just don't follow blind faith and wear my rose-colored, kool-aid glasses while looking for a silver-lining. Trying to soften the blow doesn't fix the impact of the loss....

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

One of my all time favorite quotes, from Charles DeGaulle: "The graves are filled with indispensable men."

They'll find someone else.

It just sucks that as we are trying to right our own ship, the Browns have to come along, ram their disaster into us, and sink us both.

I think coaching plays a huge part. Will be pissed if Pettine leaves. But last year, Dareus was non existent with his head not in the game, Mario was injured and often his head was not in the game, no Kiko, no Hughes, no Branch, no Lawson, no Robey, A Williams was a CB and awful (remember when Rogers was at CB this year our DBs were awful as well), McLuvin was not starting. It was not at all the same players playing.

I haven't seen you post in forever - didn't know you were still around. Like always you are most likely correct; but I am not sure how these players would have been without Pettine. It just feels like more of the same; one step forward then a few steps back. If they lose Pettine it is a huge loss; who they hire to be DC will tell you a lot about this team under Marrone. I want to have faith, but eh I am skeptical....

It just sucks that as we are trying to right our own ship, the Browns have to come along, ram their disaster into us, and sink us both.

Haha. It's kind of funny when you think about it. Two crappy franchises and their crappy franchise moves.

All about QB for us in 2014

Henderson's past record doesn't impress as a DC candidate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Henderson

Wade?

I have zero confidence in Marrone to find a strong replacement for Pettine if he really is leaving. His coaching staff is poor other than Pettine.

Um ... Marrone is the guy who hired Pettine in the first place. This isn't logical.

Congrats to him if true. He clearly had a plan leaving Rex and Jets to make a name for himself and secure a head coaching position. I hope Marrone saw this coming. Would be interesting to know who else in the Ryan/Pettine tree might be available. Can't be rocket science to learn that scheme.

Haha. It's kind of funny when you think about it. Two crappy franchises and their crappy franchise moves.

All about QB for us in 2014

I completely agree on the Rust Belt Blizzards. And they should get to play both Bills and Browns players. 22 on 11. Maybe theyd even make the playoffs... After a 3 year rebuild of course.