Aaron Williams message to Byrd

qblax16

hes been an absolute disaster as far as professionalism goes. if you havent seen it you must not be reading his stuff. theres little to no defense for many of the stunts he pulls on a regular basis.

the article today, putting words into the front offices mouth in order to try and elicit a negative response from byrd being just one of many examples. not being a fan i am fine with. not being a respectable journalist is a different issue. that exchange shouldnt have happened the way he outlined in the first place, yet alone been featured in the article how it was.

I really haven't read anything by him recently, so thanks for the backstory.

I see what you mean about the leading question too--seems like Byrd even took the high road on that.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean about the leading question too--seems like Byrd even took the high road on that.

its not just a leading question though. He says the same front office that just gave him 7m to play this season is upset that he played worthy of that pay - presents it to the player (and readers) as fact - and then hopes that the leading question stirs up controversy he can get clicks from. its just layers of awful journalism.

There might even have been some folks at One Bills Drive who grimaced to learn Byrd had been selected for another Pro Bowl, I told him. The front office would rather eat tinfoil than see Byrd's controversial contract stance be validated.

Edited by NoSaint

You should read his stuff on Twitter. I don't post much on Twitter, but lately I mock his comments just for shitzngiggles. VIrtually everything he posts during a game is a negative stat. A couple of weeks ago vs. the Fish, he made the point that "TJ Graham made his first catch in four games," and I responded something like "He's the Tim Graham of receivers: one positive for every four negatives!"

During the preseason game vs. the Lions, he wrote "Bills have the ball at Lions' 47. Matt Leinart is so money in these situations" to which I responded "He's like the Tim Graham of quarterbacks!"

He thrives on watching the Bills lose, so responding helps me enjoy the games a little more.

You should read his stuff on Twitter. I don't post much on Twitter, but lately I mock his comments just for shitzngiggles. VIrtually everything he posts during a game is a negative stat. A couple of weeks ago vs. the Fish, he made the point that "TJ Graham made his first catch in four games," and I responded something like "He's the Tim Graham of receivers: one positive for every four negatives!"

During the preseason game vs. the Lions, he wrote "Bills have the ball at Lions' 47. Matt Leinart is so money in these situations" to which I responded "He's like the Tim Graham of quarterbacks!"

He thrives on watching the Bills lose, so responding helps me enjoy the games a little more.

That is some seriously funny stuff! I'm not a twitter person myself, but I've heard he's easily offended while being offensive and if you are gonna visit him during games, I'm gonna have to read along some time just for some schits and giggles myself. Keep up the good work.

GO BILLS!!!

Drdareustein - I have to disagree. I DO NOT think the Bills hold the cards here, I think Byrd does. If the Bills tag him he will get 8 million dollars and he could dog it again next year. He can get a hang nail and ride the bench. You can't make a player play if he has an injury no matter how small it may be. Would you waste 8 million dollars for a guy who may choose to sit for half the season? The moral of the story is, "You can force a horse to go to the water but you can't make him drink." Or my buddy's version of this saying, you can take an elephant to the water but you can't make him put on bathing suit." :D:lol:

Just for TG fans like yourself:

@TheBuffaloNews

BN's own @ByTimGraham named NFL Team Writer of 2013 by @thebiglead http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/31/big-lead-podcast-tim-graham-of-the-buffalo-news-nfl-team-writer-of-2013/#sthash.eAY2irpH.uxfs …

How interesting the way Graham words his article to make is sound as though Jairus is saying that Tim's "tin foil" comment is valid, when the quote seems to be in reference to this:

There might even have been some folks at One Bills Drive who grimaced to learn Byrd had been selected for another Pro Bowl, I told him.

I'm so glad everybody here caught the way he worded this. If you weren't reading carefully, or if you didn't know that Graham is on Parker's payroll, you'd think that this is fact, not some made up theory that he's trying to get out there.

He's such an asshat.

Clinton-Dix is another overrated Alabama player. Product of a great system. Re-sign Byrd. Why must we go through this every 3-4 years??

Normally I'd be in the "you don't pay a safety $8M a year" group because it's generally a position that's not that important. But Byrd has proven himself to be a turnover machine in multiple systems. It's not happenstance and it's not luck. He knows where to sit between routes to come up with big plays time and time again. He knows when to come off his man to jump another WRs route. The guy just has a feel for the game. If there was an LB who forced as many fumbles as Byrd gets INTs there would be no question from fans. His numbers say he's an impact player it's just his position that people hesitate paying.

I hope the Bills make him a legitimate offer that would make him one of the highest paid safeties in the league. If he doesn't want it there's nothing they can do but at least make a serious run at re-signing him.

Normally I'd be in the "you don't pay a safety $8M a year" group because it's generally a position that's not that important. But Byrd has proven himself to be a turnover machine in multiple systems. It's not happenstance and it's not luck. He knows where to sit between routes to come up with big plays time and time again. He knows when to come off his man to jump another WRs route. The guy just has a feel for the game. If there was an LB who forced as many fumbles as Byrd gets INTs there would be no question from fans. His numbers say he's an impact player it's just his position that people hesitate paying.

I hope the Bills make him a legitimate offer that would make him one of the highest paid safeties in the league. If he doesn't want it there's nothing they can do but at least make a serious run at re-signing him.

It sounds like that is what will happen

Byrd has been spun so poorly by this organization and its "news" outlets that I feel bad for the guy. He has shown nothing but professional.

The only bills guy I believe is Wawrow. I know how he has to work and its not off op eds to get clicks and generate buzx

We must tag him. Not doing so would create a huge hole at safety. Searcy is good, but not at the level we need back there on a week in, week out basis. We would have to draft someone in RD 1-3, and there are much greater needs. Pay him slightly above the top NFL safety, I don't care. He proved at least to me that he is a top 3 safety. What, most INT's of active safetys since 2009.

Byrd has been spun so poorly by this organization and its "news" outlets that I feel bad for the guy. He has shown nothing but professional.

The only bills guy I believe is Wawrow. I know how he has to work and its not off op eds to get clicks and generate buzx

As far as I can see both the sides with actual money in the game have approached things professionally. Everything I've heard from the Bills org has been emphasizing Byrd's professionalism and that they have zero problems with him. It seems like this is a case of the media needing bad guys and trying to make it personal.

I am still trying to understand why the fans are angry with Byrd? What he and his agent get into with the front office is not really relevant. He seems to handle himself fine, and although his foot problem could be questioned, we (the fans) don't really know how injured he may have been.

His teammates like him, he never gets into trouble, he plays really well, and he has never "disrespected" the fans or city.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro