Aaron Williams message to Byrd

qblax16

Tag him and try to trade him. At least if you trade him, you can choose the dance partner if there are more then one. Let him walk and he'll wind up in NE, MIA or NY and make it he!! for the Bills down the line.

and this is another very good point

Why the hell do you not want to trade him? We have to get things for our things, Bill.

because you can't get better by trading off your best players, or letting them walk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be posturing, but I doubt it. I don't think A. Williams would get involved in it. Byrd must have told him he has no intention of coming back.

THIS

he doesnt. tag and trade .

but you cant just draft his replacement . it will be a step backwards in time..

shame its coming to this.

After he went off the field with the ankle i said goodbye. Its over between us. :cry:

Edited by 3rdand12

It always amazes me when fans say that a player just doesn't want to be here.

It has nothing to do with bad blood, hurt feelings, etc. Byrd wants to get paid (and rightfully so), and he'll go wherever that can happen, including Buffalo, whenever he's free to do so.

That said, there's no reason to do anything other than attempt to sign him, and tag him if it cannot be done.

Nothing to worry about. We've been told for years that we are building through the draft. That means you draft good players and keep them on your roster, right?

no. It just means you keep drafting the positions of players you allowed to walk after they became good.

It always amazes me when fans say that a player just doesn't want to be here.

It has nothing to do with bad blood, hurt feelings, etc. Byrd wants to get paid (and rightfully so), and he'll go wherever that can happen, including Buffalo, whenever he's free to do so.

That said, there's no reason to do anything other than attempt to sign him, and tag him if it cannot be done.

Bandit i am not sure thats still true With Byrd. i feel some animosity there.

no. It just means you keep drafting the positions of players you allowed to walk after they became good.

because we "rebuild through drafting "

yippee !

: )

Earlier this year when the Bills put out word that they were willing to trade Byrd, it became pretty obvious he wouldn't be back. I mean, if it wasn't obvious before that. It's unfortunate, but the nice thing is he should provide a great draft pick. I'd love a player, but player for player deals are exceedingly rare. As much as I like Byrd, if we're going to break the bank on another defensive player (which would be required to keep him) it's gotta be on someone who can help stop the run. Our defense remains worthless if teams can gain 5+ ypc on us.

I think Byrd wants out of Buffalo worse than Willis McGahee and I predict we'll be furious when we hear what he signed for elsewhere. I predict we will erroneously assume he'd have signed here had we matched. Of course, I'm not so sure Levitre would have signed here had we matched the Titans offer.

That said, I can see no reason not to tag and trade if he won't play ball.

I am still optimistic and believe he could sign here.

But if he doesn't I hope we tag him and bench him for the season. Give him the double tall man. Burn it down.

Insane. He signs anything more than a franchise tender and I'll send you a brand new Byrd jersey.

Insane. He signs anything more than a franchise tender and I'll send you a brand new Byrd jersey.

you mean, signs with the Bills right? I wouldn't want the jersey if it is a Bengals or St Louis jersey.

I am dilusionql at this point but I think he comes back

you mean, signs with the Bills right? I wouldn't want the jersey if it is a Bengals or St Louis jersey.

I am dilusionql at this point but I think he comes back

haha...thanks for clarifying, I wouldn't want to be sending you a Bengals jersey either.

I think he's overrated personally and I'm still calling bs on the plantar facilis. How quickly we forget.

A smooth talking snake to the media but make no mistake about it he wants out.

I'm concerned about searcy or leonhard back there too, but at this point if there's anyway to fill a different position with a solid proven o lineman or wr via trade I'd jump on it. Create a hole but fill one. Second rounder would work too but unlikely IMO. Third rounders too risky we don't wanna draft another Meeks or duke with a third.

We can't play the holdout game with this guy again this year.

Tag him and shop him shop him and hope to drop him.

This isn't a good sign...

http://espn.go.com/b...=espnapi_public

At a glance I don't think there are any more than 3-4 free agents that could be expected to make a bigger impact with Buffalo next season than simply franchising Byrd.

Maybe only Jay Cutler and Jimmy Graham and I can't really envision either of those two and their astronomical salaries coming to Buffalo.

So take that $30M in cap room and pay for another year of Byrd.

At the very least, franchise him and if you can't trade him and he doesn't sign his tender.......then let the money dry up.....it will be limited again.....and then pull the tag so he gets a lesser long term deal.

That would be the equivalent of his game of footsie and it sends a message to Eugene and his prospective Bills clients that two can play the "who me?" game.

By the way.......i can't see getting any more than a late 3rd for Byrd. He has chronic injury concerns dating back to before the draft and teams just don't value safeties in trade.

Did Byrd have that good of a year? I thought he played way better in previous years than this year. I didn't see the tackling of previous years.

But eugene sure stuffed his ballot box didnt he. and he is again a pro bowler after a short season. really.

I voted for A Williams

But eugene sure stuffed his ballot box didnt he. and he is again a pro bowler after a short season. really.

I voted for A Williams

Fan Balloting didn't weigh heavily in who was ultimately voted in the the Pro Bowl as we should know from Kiko and Dareus. The players' vote is significantly more important and that's who ultimately decided Byrd was worthy.

Nice theory though. :thumbsup:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Fan Balloting didn't weigh heavily in who was ultimately voted in the the Pro Bowl as we should know from Kiko and Dareus. The players' vote is significantly more important and that's who ultimately decided Byrd was worthy.

Nice theory though. :thumbsup:

wheres my damnable sarcasm font ? Edited by 3rdand12