Aaron Williams message to Byrd

qblax16

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tag him!

Bills hold all the cards here, so he isnt leaving for nothing in return. Absolute worst case scenario is we tag him and trade him and use the pick on Clinton-Dix.

Doesnt matter what Byrd's intentions are, there is a system in place he has to be processed through, and in this particular case it favors only the Bills (as long as Whaley has the balls to stand strong).

Byrd must have told him he has no intention of coming back.

i wonder if this was Byrds issue all along. I'll hold tight on the situation the same as last year. Love the guy. Absolutely want him here and feel he deserves every penny if the highest paid S in the league. But I doubt he resigns. Chances are he'll be tagged again or now because the team and defense is a little farther along. Possibly let go for other options. If we let him walk for free I will vomit.

Tag him!

Bills hold all the cards here, so he isnt leaving for nothing in return. Absolute worst case scenario is we tag him and trade him and use the pick on Clinton-Dix.

Doesnt matter what Byrd's intentions are, there is a system in place he has to be processed through, and in this particular case it favors only the Bills (as long as Whaley has the balls to stand strong).

yup - still have a year before the tag gets above market rate for his play. worst case he sits out camp, but he walks in and knows the defense already.

Tag him!

At least franchise him and pick up an extra 2nd round pick again, no?

Beaten to it by Marauders and the good Doctor

Absolutely. I want to keep Byrd, but if he's not interested in coming back, then tag him and trade him.

We can't just let him walk without any compensation. If there is a team out there that is desperate for a Safety, then they will make a play for him.

I still hope we can keep him. The thought of having Da'Norris Searcy being a starter makes me nervous. And I would hate to use a draft pick on a Safety, when we have much dire needs.

There is no reason for the bills to let him go without tagging him.

realistically, if we end up in compensatory pick talks, hed likely get us a 3rd if he simply walked away (and we ended up eligible). one would think wed be able to atleast get a 2, or a 3 plus something, or.... if we tagged and traded him (especially predraft).

im still curious to hear how actively we shopped him in march/april last year or if we thought things would work themselves out.

i wonder if this was Byrds issue all along. I'll hold tight on the situation the same as last year. Love the guy. Absolutely want him here and feel he deserves every penny if the highest paid S in the league. But I doubt he resigns. Chances are he'll be tagged again or now because the team and defense is a little farther along. Possibly let go for other options. If we let him walk for free I will vomit.

I think tag and trade would be the best scenario.

Every year there are changes to teams, they just have to get better without him...not impossible. I just wish I saw some progress.