Aaron Williams message to Byrd

qblax16

I am still trying to understand why the fans are angry with Byrd? What he and his agent get into with the front office is not really relevant. He seems to handle himself fine, and although his foot problem could be questioned, we (the fans) don't really know how injured he may have been.

His teammates like him, he never gets into trouble, he plays really well, and he has never "disrespected" the fans or city.

I think that a lot of people were miffed with Byrd for his comments about refusing to play until he's 100% healthy. It's football, and many of his teammates were out there, even early in the season, at less than 100% health.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a lot of people were miffed with Byrd for his comments about refusing to play until he's 100% healthy. It's football, and many of his teammates were out there, even early in the season, at less than 100% health.

^ This. The timing of that remark couldn't have been worse with Freddy playing with a ruptured spleen, Spiller with two lacerated kidneys, etc. The fact he played with the condition last season didn't help that statement, either.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe, but I recall people being fully committed to hating the guy WAY before then.

I'm sure there were...people are strange. I believe the majority of the folks on this board that are/were ticked with him came after the "100%"thing though.

i remember a large group as far back as when he was missing OTAs. although those were likely the same people that wanted to cut lawson/branch for missing them for various reasons.

then once he missed day one of camp, i think it was pretty close to divided along the same lines as the 100% comment saw. maybe a few switched over but once he missed a practice there was plenty of "hes ruining everything good we ever couldve dreamed of" sentiment.