Sit the important starters

Dragonborn10

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully, I am pretty sure you are waaayyyy off base here. I think that Thad is playing because EJ is injured.

Now, if the Bills were playing for a playoff position, then I think EJ takes the field. Given that Buffalo has nothing at stake, why risk turning a minor injury into a major injury? EJ's offseason development is going to be crucial. Marrone wants EJ to be 100 percent healthy headed into offseason workouts.

you're probably right. It would be foolish to risk injury going into next season and have him miss the various mini camps.

I do like Lewis' ability to manage games in a hostile environment over EJ's at this point in their careers.

With EJ, Stevie, and A. Williams out there is no point to this game. Only bad things can happen. The Patriots are going to kill them - no reason to make it worse and expose the best players to injuries. I would not even dress CJ, Fred, Wood, Glenn, K. Williams, Byrd, and M. Williams. Their health going into next year is more important than being competitive for a couple quarters against Tom Brady.

:bag::thumbdown::sick:

With EJ, Stevie, and A. Williams out there is no point to this game. Only bad things can happen. The Patriots are going to kill them - no reason to make it worse and expose the best players to injuries. I would not even dress CJ, Fred, Wood, Glenn, K. Williams, Byrd, and M. Williams. Their health going into next year is more important than being competitive for a couple quarters against Tom Brady.

Play to win, or don't bother wasting the fans' time.

High note lasts for about 45 minutes. There are at least 10 maybe 15 guys on this team that won't even be on the team next year. Winning comes from talent and being healthy. Yes I would have liked to see EJ get more reps against a New England defense. I don't need to see Fred take any more hits, CJ limp any more this year, or Kyle get cut from behind.

I don't think so. I know this may fly in the face of the perpetual pessimism on this board, but the Buffalo Bills are truly a team on the rise. Beating the Pats in a 4pm game with almost the whole country watching (it's the late game in NYC area) would be an eye opener result that would provide a ton of confidence for this team going into the offseason.

If Miami gets in, then the Bills would have beaten two playoff teams from their division who had something on the line while they had nothing on the line. That would say a lot about the kind of players and changing culture on this team.

If there's a game to play, then there's only one way to play it.

With marginally talented players? Ha... I could see giving gragg and Wingo more reps to see them play. Also moaeke or whatever him name is. And let's get someone else fielding punts already.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Can't go out like a B word

14 straight years and still not close to the playoffs means they are already going out like the AFC East B word.

But that being said, you can't lay down like the OP is suggesting. You can play to win and still give the starters more rest than usual.

Goodell wouldn't allow losing teams to tank like that without fining them hard, and possibly losing draft picks.

We can def sit CJ Spiller given the fact he is limping every week. I would dress the other starters though, and give the ball to Wingo a bunch to see what we have there. No need for Freddie to get more than 15% of the snaps. Then Goodell couldn't claim we "tanked" the game. That said, I want them to win this game. I also want to see what else we have at RB as Freedie will one day hit the wall.

Edited by RyanC883

With EJ, Stevie, and A. Williams out

there is no point to this game.

Only bad things can happen.

There's your problem right there.

If you have the foolish belief that there is no point .......to any game,

then you really do not understand sports.

Have you ever competed at a high level in sports? I have and as Ross Tucker said the other day on NFL Radio, Mike Shanahan invented this comment of sit RG3 and save him for the off season to get healthy. He basically purported that Shanahan didn't have the cahones to simply say "RG3 has been off so we're benching him for now".

The owner demands good play for his investment, and players and coaches are always playing for their jobs. Sitting them and conceding to our most hated enemy simply because we make decisions out of fear someone could get hurt. That's ridiculous. Belicheck almost never sits his players even when they have a bye and trying to get a SB. I understand Denver or KC who are playing for nothing if they have a significantly banged up running back or other punishing position to sit them. You don't sit lineman if you are keeping your QB out there.

You play to win, and Marrone can go into the off season with a win and an AFC East record of 4-2. That's progress. If anyone tears something or banged up, outside of a catastrophic injury which are more rare than you think, they have 7 months to have surgery and heal.

Play the guys and kick the Patriots ASS or die trying!

This post baffles me. I say we knock this piss out of the pats. Lets end this right and serve notice to the AFC east that the Bills are on the upswing.

Damn Right!

Hit Marsha in the mouth as much as possible, and make them look fallible. The Dolphins just beat them two weeks ago. We hammered the Dolphins twice. If nothing else, we create a nice blueprint with a win, so playoff teams can try to exploit in the playoffs. Besides, NE now does not get a bye and makes it even harder for them to make the SB. I want Manning to hammer them in the Championship game so they go off dejected. Never concede to your opponent. Ever. That's what winners do. I hope the Bills play like there is no tomorrow. That demonstrates the mental toughness Marrone and his coaches demonstrate. Besides I can't wait to hear the pundits Monday if the Bills sack Brady twice, under pressure all day, two picks, and a 200 yard running day for Fredex, and CJ. Just make sure to give the ball to Freddy for the tough yards.

14 straight years and still not close to the playoffs means they are already going out like the AFC East B word.

But that being said, you can't lay down like the OP is suggesting. You can play to win and still give the starters more rest than usual.

Actually, if we win and Mia, Bal and SD all lose, we would finish one game out of the playoffs. I believe that is quite close.

If we win and Mia wins, we finish 3rd in the division. We would also be whatever the opposite of division B word is because we would have the best division record.

These are things to build on. GO BILLS!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I don't think so. I know this may fly in the face of the perpetual pessimism on this board, but the Buffalo Bills are truly a team on the rise. Beating the Pats in a 4pm game with almost the whole country watching (it's the late game in NYC area) would be an eye opener result that would provide a ton of confidence for this team going into the offseason.

If Miami gets in, then the Bills would have beaten two playoff teams from their division who had something on the line while they had nothing on the line. That would say a lot about the kind of players and changing culture on this team.

They also beat the Ravens and the Panthers. The team has shown a lot of progress and also a lot of inexperience from coaches to rookies. I cannot get on board with losing. Being 4-2 in the division spells trouble.......for the rest of the AFCE. This game is something to build off of and it begins with winning.

Hey, at least the O.P. is suggesting we sit players to avoid injury. I can respect that to some degree, unlike posters who want the team to "tank" for draft position. I would get Wingo at least ten snaps today; I would hate to see Fred Jackson get a serious injury, as he would likely be slow to recover.