Colin Brown to be released

Bangarang

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hinted in his presser that, at the very least, Legursky was going to take the starting job, but I think taking it one step further is a good move.

Why? What's the point? What is our better option? This is a stupid move.

Legursky did much better on Sunday, and I think there's reason to believe we can find something better than the absolute worst guard in the league.

I know I don't have the whole story, but based on what I do know, this is a mistake.

I've never bought into the whole "addition by subtraction" line I hear so often. I can accept Legursky is better than Brown (though I was traveling and haven't seen most of the game yet). But, who is backing up Legursky who is better than Brown? Not having a backup, and risking playing someone even worse that Brown, is not something I can endorse.

A refrigerator from Home Depot is a better option to have on the line than Colin Brown.

Until they invent a refrigerator with revolving doors, this is true.

But, who is backing up Legursky who is better than Brown? Not having a backup, and risking playing someone even worse that Brown, is not something I can endorse.

I agree with this.

kj

This staff makes some really interesting moves after the fact. However, it calls into question their decisions to begin with. This one is kind of an "oh-well" but he was supposed to be "next man up" not next man out.

Well it sort of is next man up. Brown's removal allows someone else to prove they are better than legursky

I know I don't have the whole story, but based on what I do know, this is a mistake.

I've never bought into the whole "addition by subtraction" line I hear so often. I can accept Legursky is better than Brown (though I was traveling and haven't seen most of the game yet). But, who is backing up Legursky who is better than Brown? Not having a backup, and risking playing someone even worse that Brown, is not something I can endorse.

Maybe Antoine McClain has shown something in practice?

Brown is not NFL caliber G. You could smell this move as soon as they grabbed McClain. One week to get acclimated to the offense and he'll be backing up Legurski in Miami.

How many games does it take you to see how much worse this guy can play?

All I can say is HOLY CRAP this guy is bad, negative -24 after 3 games wasn't bad enough? Just to put that number in perspective Jeff Tuel (deer in headlights) only graded at -5 by throwing turf balls in that Cleveland game. Or another perspective is that CB Justin Rodgers allowed 74% of the Jets passing, along with 2 TD's and Brown graded out worse.

"The Buffalo Bills offensive line is about to get significantly better going forward, as the Bills have decided to cut ties with LG Colin Brown, who might have been the worst starting offensive lineman in the NFL. "

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/10/15/buffalo-bills-finally-release-colin-brown/

It really is upsetting that most every Bills fan knew how good LG Andy Levitre was as he graded as last seasons best O lineman. When they chose to let Andy leave in free agency the Bills they just didn't have a proper contingency plan.

You seriously don't think they thought that through?