Colin Brown to be released

Bangarang

Well it's not 50%, and the conclusion is obvious - they brought in an entirely new coaching staff. Despite what many think, a GM does not build a roster in a vacuum. Of course, Nix is still ultimately responsible for the current product on the field, so talking about turnover under him doesn't really mean jack with a regime change.

Check out the Cat's color code chart. The number is pretty close to 50%, and to have 50% turnover in one season is a fairly good indication of the previous GM's ability, especially when people keep throwing out the line that "Buddy left the roster in better shape than the one he inherited."

He's a good scout and a good guy. But he was way over his head for the GM job. Bills are better off where they are now.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False

He was a RFA before the 2009 season and the rams gave him a third round tender. He was released in December and claimed by Buffalo.

http://sports.espn.g..._len&id=3976289

False. He was still an RFA when the Bills let him go - they chose not to tender, but could have.

http://profootballta...back-incognito/

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-03-14/sports/fl-dolphins-incognito-visit-0315-20100314_1_richie-incognito-nfl-miami-dolphins

Edited by Coach Tuesday

You might want to double-check that.

Or should he not.

False. He was still an RFA when the Bills let him go - they chose not to tender, but could have.

http://profootballta...back-incognito/

http://articles.sun-...-miami-dolphins

False, no wait. I meant to say True. True true. I'm going with true on this one.

I find it hard to believe that that was the reason we didn't re-sign him. I also recall zero incidents of dirty play by him during his season with us.

also, didn't he get into a huge fight this year with a defensive player claiming he was dirty? I note this because it wouldn't appear that his "mental" issues have gone away completely.

In any event, in hindsight, wouldn't you have re-signed him?

If I recall correctly it was the game time penalties and his attitude that kept him from being resigned by the Bills. BTW, he hasn't completely changed since he has been in Miami, but at least now he has sought counseling and recognizes he has an anger management issues.

Wow really going back to 2010 to criticize a guy huh? Thats either dedication or just pure hate

How much stupidity can you stand to take by someone making millions of dollars to make those personnel decisions?

I tend to criticize all the morons hired by Ralph Wilson, from GM Stew Barber to HC's Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, Dick Juaron, and the wondrous GM Buddy Nix.

Check out the Cat's color code chart. The number is pretty close to 50%, and to have 50% turnover in one season is a fairly good indication of the previous GM's ability, especially when people keep throwing out the line that "Buddy left the roster in better shape than the one he inherited."

He's a good scout and a good guy. But he was way over his head for the GM job. Bills are better off where they are now.

There hasn't been close to 50% turnover in the starting lineup, maybe like 35% of the 53-man roster if you count both kickers, special teams and 2nd stringers? Not out of line for a complete coaching change. Aside from a QB, WR and some LBs, our starting lineup is basically the same as last year, and the new guys were brought in by Nix so I'm not sure what the point is.

To get back on topic, Colin Brown is gone, and I have no problems giving Mark Asper a shot if Legursky happens to go down.

There hasn't been close to 50% turnover in the starting lineup, maybe like 35% of the 53-man roster if you count both kickers, special teams and 2nd stringers? Not out of line for a complete coaching change. Aside from a QB, WR and some LBs, our starting lineup is basically the same as last year, and the new guys were brought in by Nix so I'm not sure what the point is.

To get back on topic, Colin Brown is gone, and I have no problems giving Mark Asper a shot if Legursky happens to go down.

I see, so now you're changing the nature of the statistics to suit your argument. Got it. All hail Buddy Nix.

I see, so now you're changing the nature of the statistics to suit your argument. Got it. All hail Buddy Nix.

Ok, did 50% of the roster turnover like you claimed? Yes or no? No, it didn't. You are wrong.

I'm starting to think you are part of the tinfoil hat brigade that believes Doug Whaley was the secret mastermind controlling this years draft, pulling all the strings behind the curtain. Well I got news for that crowd - Buddy Nix drafted Kiko Alonso. Did anyone's head explode?

Ok, did 50% of the roster turnover like you claimed? Yes or no? No, it didn't. You are wrong.

I'm starting to think you are part of the tinfoil hat brigade that believes Doug Whaley was the secret mastermind controlling this years draft, pulling all the strings behind the curtain. Well I got news for that crowd - Buddy Nix drafted Kiko Alonso. Did anyone's head explode?

Do your own math.

There's no need to think that Whaley pulled the strings behind the curtain during the draft. It was pretty clear from season end 2012 that Nix was a dead man walking as far as his GM duties were concerned. This draft was a huge departure from Buddy's past drafts, but you can ascribe whatever reason you want to it.