Ryan Fitzpatrick to start

Buffalos#1Fan

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz has guts and heart, and most of his passing yds come on broken shovel pass type plays, but when you need some real, honest to God, NFL throws he will just about always come up short.

Shovel passes when you're falling down only work for so long before the luck runs out.

Fitzmagic is supposed to start Sunday against the Cheifs with Jake Locker out

http://fansided.com/...k-start-week-5/

I don't know why, I don't want him to succeed playing for the titans. I feel like we could be competing with Tennessee for a wild card spot and can't afford for them to get any wins

Sucks but it ended in typical Fitz fashion throwing the game ending interception ... Looked good up till then !!

Sorry.. I have KC's defense in FFB so he'll have to wait until next week to have a good game.

Thanks for feeding my fantasy defense Fitz! 2 4th quarter INT's right on cue. Marching my team to an easy 5-0 start to the year.

Today's start for Fitz was his career in a nutshell. Gutsy performance in which he made plays but ultimately threw the game away. Replace the Tennessee uniforms with Buffalo duds and that was a game we watched over and over for the past three years.

Minus the good defense, that is.

Today's start for Fitz was his career in a nutshell. Gutsy performance in which he made plays but ultimately threw the game away. Replace the Tennessee uniforms with Buffalo duds and that was a game we watched over and over for the past three years.

Exactly...

I was never a Fitz fan as a starting option...As a back-up behind a strong starter...OK...But not a guy to challenge for a starting position...Before he came to Buffalo he was basically the same guy with less experience...Then he lucked out to have Gailey who was, at the very least, able to hide some of the warts...But in the NFL you can only hide so long, and Fitz now has a pretty decent book written on how to stop him...And he's always going to throw a few to the other team...He's always been streaky going back to his days in Cincy, and sometimes those streaks can go over multiple games...But he's nothing more than an average to below average back-up QB in the NFL ability wise...Brains wise he's top 10...But he cannot translate that intelligence to the field because he's just not that great an athlete overall...And he has a below average arm... B-)

I forgot how much different he looks throwing the ball compared to EJ. EJ just flicks it, Fitz literally puts every ounce of his body into every throw.

Yeah I noticed that too.

On a 12 yard out, Fitzy was straining so hard to make that throw.

I think that was also a problem in Cleveland on Thursday. When Tuel went in, He wasn't great but he the WRs dropped like 6 passes that should have been caught. I don't know if it was a different spin or what the problem was but a lot of the passes could have been caught.

its amazing how life/individual tales in the NFL rarely change. Look at Romo...500 yds then a game-killing intercept at a horrible time and part of the field.Like old faithful....

Yeah I noticed that too.

On a 12 yard out, Fitzy was straining so hard to make that throw.

I think that was also a problem in Cleveland on Thursday. When Tuel went in, He wasn't great but he the WRs dropped like 6 passes that should have been caught. I don't know if it was a different spin or what the problem was but a lot of the passes could have been caught.

those grounders he threw on those 10 yd outs were brutal though

those grounders he threw on those 10 yd outs were brutal though

I don't think those were misfires as much as a guy playing in his first NFL game being scared out of his pants and being overprotective of the ball by keeping it as far away from the corners as he could.

I don't think those were misfires as much as a guy playing in his first NFL game being scared out of his pants and being overprotective of the ball by keeping it as far away from the corners as he could.

we arent disagreeing at all simon. the kid has a decent arm.