Ryan Fitzpatrick to start

Buffalos#1Fan

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys see that Munchak challenge? You should never challenge the spot of the ball on a short yardage play. The refs will never feel comfortable enough to reverse it.

HORRIBLE spot. Looked at least a FULL yard short. Seemed pretty obvious, as even the color guy said as much.

ETA: For whatever reason, the Colts aren't nearly as impressive now, as they were earlier in the year. This Titans team was beat by the JAGS just 4 days ago.

Edited by John in Jax

The fact is that Fitz was willing to stay and take a pay cut.

Uh, no, he wasn't willing to take a pay cut.

Classic Fitz, doesn't attempt to throw a pass over 10 yards in the air until they're down 2 scores and the other team is in a prevent defense.

For real.

The down to earth community guy won't rework his deal for the benefit of the team. Then goes to another team to be their backup. It's not like he was going elsewhere to start. How do I know he wasn't going to start anywhere else? We couldn't get a trade for him. He knew he was going to be a backup wherever he went. But he ditched us to be another team's backup despite obvious physical shortcomings. I hold his selfish actions against him.

You must be new to the NFL

For real.

The down to earth community guy won't rework his deal for the benefit of the team. Then goes to another team to be their backup. It's not like he was going elsewhere to start. How do I know he wasn't going to start anywhere else? We couldn't get a trade for him. He knew he was going to be a backup wherever he went. But he ditched us to be another team's backup despite obvious physical shortcomings. I hold his selfish actions against him.

If you don't think you're going to be a starter again would you give back a large portion of the only contract for starter money you will every have? Can't blame him at all honestly. The Bills should've kept him anyway until his contract was up, IMO. They paid him regardless so why not keep him?

Classic Fitz, doesn't attempt to throw a pass over 10 yards in the air until they're down 2 scores and the other team is in a prevent defense.

well actually on the previous series he threw at least 1 maybe 2 for a decent distan ce that were dropped--when they were only down 3

Fitz had a nice game. Defense for Tenn lost that one.

I agree. he played really well. I loved what they did with all those crossing routes all game; wish we could do that.

By the way, whoever in this thread said that fitz never throws down field had apparently not watched him play. His problem when hexess here was that he threw downfield too much, forcing balls in.

But unlike most of the QB's we have had here, at least he attempted throws to his receivers.

I also doubt I was drafted #16 in the NFL and look as inept as EJ Manuel does. And to bash Fitz now to cover up how bad EJ is (as 26 does routinely) is equally comical.

Like I've said forever, I wish EJ to be a HOF er for our team. Lead us to the promised land and all of that. But lets be real. So far he has looked pretty darn inept in the NFL.

I'm sorry but this is such an awful post. It's typical of our society's flawed thought process that leds us nowhere. Everything is black and white when it's really grey.

1) I loved Fitz and still root for the guy. I want him to do well. Bashing him at this point is so petty. The guy had about as good of a game as any REASONABLE fan should expect out of their backup QB. Good for Fitz and if this was a perfect world, he's be the backup/ mentor to EJ.

2) Yet to make a point to support Fitz, you need to tear down EJ to make it. Awesome. And you're 100% right. Every 1st round QB has been amazing the second they were draft. No rookie has even struggled. EJ was completely inept in leading a comeback W against a top 5 defense in Carolina. He looked completely inept in leading us to the lead in a primetime road game. He was completely inept when he left the field in the 4th quarter with a lead against the Pats.

Typical terrible American mindset. My side is right and yours is wrong!!!

I'm sorry but this is such an awful post. It's typical of our society's flawed thought process that leds us nowhere. Everything is black and white when it's really grey.

1) I loved Fitz and still root for the guy. I want him to do well. Bashing him at this point is so petty. The guy had about as good of a game as any REASONABLE fan should expect out of their backup QB. Good for Fitz and if this was a perfect world, he's be the backup/ mentor to EJ.

2) Yet to make a point to support Fitz, you need to tear down EJ to make it. Awesome. And you're 100% right. Every 1st round QB has been amazing the second they were draft. No rookie has even struggled. EJ was completely inept in leading a comeback W against a top 5 defense in Carolina. He looked completely inept in leading us to the lead in a primetime road game. He was completely inept when he left the field in the 4th quarter with a lead against the Pats.

Typical terrible American mindset. My side is right and yours is wrong!!!

I don't see why Manuel was drafted before the fourth round; unless it was out of desperation or because the Bills were over-valuing physical gifts. Certainly nothing he did in college as a pocket passer suggests he ought to have gone before the fourth round. The thought process which resulted in Manuel as a first round selection was the same thought process which earlier had resulted in Losman.

At the same time, I've consistently pointed out that Fitz lacks the accuracy you need.

Neither Fitz nor Manuel are the long-term answer at quarterback for the Bills.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

I don't see why Manuel was drafted before the fourth round; unless it was out of desperation or because the Bills were over-valuing physical gifts. Certainly nothing he did in college as a pocket passer suggests he ought to have gone before the fourth round. The thought process which resulted in Manuel as a first round selection was the same thought process which earlier had resulted in Losman.

At the same time, I've consistently pointed out that Fitz lacks the accuracy you need.

Neither Fitz nor Manuel are the long-term answer at quarterback for the Bills.

Yeah, between the highlight reel footage you took 5 minutes to watch and reading some blogs on the internet your study of Manuel has him pegged as a solid 4th round pick. :thumbsup:

He didn't need to., offense was moving fine. He took a shot previously down the right sideline hit receiver in the hands but yet another drop

Fitz would have been the perfect QB......obviously smart, a down to earth guy, would always say the right thing, and would unlikely do anything stupid off the field.

A class act who knows how lucky he is. But unfortunately he just doesn't have the arm or the intangibles to be a great QB.

It really shows how hard it is the find a franchise QB.

Yeah, between the highlight reel footage you took 5 minutes to watch and reading some blogs on the internet your study of Manuel has him pegged as a solid 4th round pick. :thumbsup:

One of the most respected draft analysts out there--Greg Cosell--has also implied that Manuel should have been taken in the fourth round or later. Frankly, I have more faith in Cosell's judgement than in the Bills' front office.