Ryan Fitzpatrick to start

Buffalos#1Fan

He signed a 2 year $6.5 million contract with the Titans.

I doubt he makes less than that here to do the exact same job as a backup here. It's not as if the Titans view him as a replacement to Locker.

So again, how is it not a little weird that he turned us down to sign as a backup in Tennessee?

You will have to figure it out for yourself.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy for me to cheer against him. He held us hostage for two years.

Wow. For real?

The guy comes in here as a 7th round pick backup, and when the starter goes down the toilet, jumps right in and makes the offense move. Fitz played with a lot of heart and guts, was a down to earth community guy, and showed us some flashes despite obvious physical shortcomings. Not sure you can hold it against him that the team didn't try to go out and try to get someone better.

Huh?

Go back and read my posts.

should've linked to bangarang. my point is that it's not all that difficult to understand why anyone with another option would choose to play for someone other than the bills at this point in time or in the last decade or so. i keep thinking back to archie manning's recent espn documentary. ya think he'd trade a few bucks for playing for a better organization than the saints of his era?

Wow. For real?

The guy comes in here as a 7th round pick backup, and when the starter goes down the toilet, jumps right in and makes the offense move. Fitz played with a lot of heart and guts, was a down to earth community guy, and showed us some flashes despite obvious physical shortcomings. Not sure you can hold it against him that the team didn't try to go out and try to get someone better.

For real. 6 win ceiling.

By the way, anyone honestly think Fitz is bringing the Titans back in this game? Put me down as a "no".

Wow. For real?

For real.

The down to earth community guy won't rework his deal for the benefit of the team. Then goes to another team to be their backup. It's not like he was going elsewhere to start. How do I know he wasn't going to start anywhere else? We couldn't get a trade for him. He knew he was going to be a backup wherever he went. But he ditched us to be another team's backup despite obvious physical shortcomings. I hold his selfish actions against him.

For real.

The down to earth community guy won't rework his deal for the benefit of the team. Then goes to another team to be their backup. It's not like he was going elsewhere to start. How do I know he wasn't going to start anywhere else? We couldn't get a trade for him. He knew he was going to be a backup wherever he went. But he ditched us to be another team's backup despite obvious physical shortcomings. I hold his selfish actions against him.

He was asked to take a pay cut and a demotion, and declined. Selfish? Hardly.

But he took those same things from another team....

The fact is that Fitz was willing to stay and take a pay cut. He asked for guaranteed $ and the Bills would not give it to him. He was willing to compete for the starting job. Bills should have kept him or T-Jax, not gotten injury prone Kolb.