If Bryd is a man....

Estelle Getty

He will suit up Sunday. He is listed as day to day so his feet have not fallen off as of yet. Watching YOUR team struggle with so many injuries in the secondary and standing idly by is not something a real man would do. And yes it is still YOUR team Jairus, you know the team that is paying you 7 million to be ok enough to practice but not play in the game. I get that he didn't get his big contract that he wanted but 7 million for a few months work aint to shabby so stop being a spiteful B word. Hope him and his scumbag agent are amused with the current state of our secondary. As a loyal fan for 20 years I will never look at him the same again if he fails to play this week and leaves us hanging yet again. Good enough to practice but I guess on Sundays those feet just start acting up again. Be a teammate!

Edited by Estelle Getty

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will suit up Sunday. He is listed as day to day so his feet have not fallen off as of yet. Watching YOUR team struggle with so many injuries in the secondary and standing idly by is not something a real man would do. And yes it is still YOUR team Jairus, you know the team that is paying you 7 million to be ok enough to practice but not play in the game. I get that he didn't get his big contract that he wanted but 7 million for a few months work aint to shabby so stop being a spiteful B word. Hope him and his scumbag agent are amused with the current state of our secondary. As a loyal fan for 20 years I will never look at him the same again if he fails to play this week and leaves us hanging yet again. Good enough to practice but I guess on Sundays those feet just start acting up again. Be a teammate!

Grow up. It's not a team. It is a business. A corporate entity. The players are employees. No one on the "team", not the coaches, not the players and not the front office have publicly expressed one iota of concern about Byrd, as you seem to believe, faking an injury because of his unhappiness with his contract.

tagged player's worst nightmare:

That fear was confirmed, according to ESPNs Adam Schefter, who said the injury will cost Melton the rest of the season.

It could also cost him much more than that.

The 26-year-old was playing this season under the $8.45 million franchise tag. After not getting a long-term deal from the Bears this offseason, his hope was to parlay another strong year into a payday next offseason.

Now, it's hard to imagine anybody giving anything close to the kind of guaranteed money he deserves to a guy coming off a season-ending injury.

It's the reason players hate the franchise tag so much, essentially the worst-case scenario for those employees.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/23/henry-meltons-acl-is-indeed-torn/

Edited by papazoid

Ask Eugene Parker....he is the one in control. Byrd has not got the stones to make a decision alone.

That fear was confirmed, according to ESPNs Adam Schefter, who said the injury will cost Melton the rest of the season.

The 26-year-old was playing this season under the $8.45 million franchise tag. After not getting a long-term deal from the Bears this offseason, his hope was to parlay another strong year into a payday next offseason.

Now, it's hard to imagine anybody giving anything close to the kind of guaranteed money he deserves to a guy coming off a season-ending injury.

It's the reason players hate the franchise tag so much, essentially the worst-case scenario for those employees.

http://profootballta...is-indeed-torn/

Not sure I buy the argument that nobody will pay Melton after he's had surgery. ACL repair is fairly common these days and there are a great many players who have gone on to have great careers after rehabbing this type of injury.

But I get the point - and there are certainly plenty of opportunities for career-ending or performance-diminishing injuries in an NFL season.

HIS team? His TEAM?

This hasn't been Byrd's team in a while now. He's an unhappy mercenary, nothing more.

GO BILLS!!!

HIS team? His TEAM?

This hasn't been Byrd's team in a while now. He's an unhappy mercenary, nothing more.

GO BILLS!!!

with few exceptions they are all just mercenaries. of course.

some are happy some unhappy. but they will all switch sides without even thinking about it, for a dollar more, and i would guess that far less than half of them really care THAT much if they win or lose, except the play-offs offer more opportunities to pick up a check.

certainly a lot of fans care a whole lot more.

Ask Eugene Parker....he is the one in control. Byrd has not got the stones to make a decision alone.

One of the most important services agents apparently provide is deflecting blame away from the players. Byrd hired him, Byrd keeps him, Byrd agrees with his decisions, yet we all yell about Parker.

One of the most important services agents apparently provide is deflecting blame away from the players. Byrd hired him, Byrd keeps him, Byrd agrees with his decisions, yet we all yell about Parker.

you can't really expect players with minimal educations (lets face it when you are on the team the classes are a lot easier) and very young people also, to be strong and savvy enough to make these multi-million dollar decisions. they pay an agent to advise them, and the smart ones then do what the agent says.

say what you want about Parker, he does not leave many pennies on the table, ever, for his clients.

you can't really expect players with minimal educations (lets face it when you are on the team the classes are a lot easier) and very young people also, to be strong and savvy enough to make these multi-million dollar decisions. they pay an agent to advise them, and the smart ones then do what the agent says.

say what you want about Parker, he does not leave many pennies on the table, ever, for his clients.

Yup because every fan has PhDs.

This is getting hilarious. Byrd would be a moron to play through an injury on a one year deal. And like it or not, he's probably going to get big money. But as someone else mentioned, not one teammate or coach had said one thing about Byrd's professionalism.

That depends on how you look at it. I just read that the Bills and Carrington had been negotiating an extension, but couldn't come to an agreement. This injury will most likely impact Carrington's ability to receive that long term offer again; from us or any other team. Injury is the risk these players and agents take. In this case, Parker left the money on the table in favor of playing the odds that Carrington wouldn't get hurt and compromise his future. Not saying it was wrong just that he said no to the offer and left it on the table.

It's the old byrd in the hand argument.

GO BILLS!!!

That depends on how you look at it. I just read that the Bills and Carrington had been negotiating an extension, but couldn't come to an agreement. This injury will most likely impact Carrington's ability to receive that long term offer again; from us or any other team. Injury is the risk these players and agents take. In this case, Parker left the money on the table in favor of playing the odds that Carrington wouldn't get hurt and compromise his future. Not saying it was wrong just that he said no to the offer and left it on the table.

It's the old byrd in the hand argument.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't say I would utilize my leverage the same way were I Parker.

carrington had a decent year last year, but he was not starting I don't think. I guess the extension, reflecting that reality, was no great shakes. Still, he could have put some incentive clauses in there I am sure. yep, Eugene did Carrington no favors.

I agree with the OP. I have heard that he will only play if he is 100%. How many players are at 100% during the season? BS. Get out there and play. Quit being a kitty kat and man up. Your team needs you.

Once again, it's not his team. It's just a group of fellow employees who aren't as seemingly disgruntled.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with the OP. I have heard that he will only play if he is 100%. How many players are at 100% during the season? BS. Get out there and play. Quit being a kitty kat and man up. Your team needs you.

I've said this a few times but it needs to be repeated.

I still remember this post that came out a few years ago saying that McGee was faking an injury and it turned he had nerve damage in his knee and could barely walk. Or even more recently with Kolb's concussion, accusing him of lacking toughness.

I will never accuse a player of faking an injury. Never. Its wrong to question how these guys bodies react to relentless punishment that few people on this board can even fathom. I have no idea how Byrd is feeling. I do know that not a single even rumor has come out OBD saying Byrd has been a bad teammate, an angry employee ect. Every single one of those rumors has come from this site

I've said this a few times but it needs to be repeated.

I still remember this post that came out a few years ago saying that McGee was faking an injury and it turned he had nerve damage in his knee and could barely walk. Or even more recently with Kolb's concussion, accusing him of lacking toughness.

I will never accuse a player of faking an injury. Never. Its wrong to question how these guys bodies react to relentless punishment that few people on this board can even fathom. I have no idea how Byrd is feeling. I do know that not a single even rumor has come out OBD saying Byrd has been a bad teammate, an angry employee ect. Every single one of those rumors has come from this site

"FAKING" is the wrong word. even though I have been dogging Tyrd, I would not say he is "faking" his injury. I believe he is injured. the same injury he played through most of last year when it was in his best interest to play hurt. now this season, after 8 months of rest, it is no longer in his best interest to play hurt. some may call that smart, while others would have a less flattering name. when was the last time you heard an injured player say he was going to wait until he was 100% before playing.

"FAKING" is the wrong word. even though I have been dogging Tyrd, I would not say he is "faking" his injury. I believe he is injured. the same injury he played through most of last year when it was in his best interest to play hurt. now this season, after 8 months of rest, it is no longer in his best interest to play hurt. some may call that smart, while others would have a less flattering name. when was the last time you heard an injured player say he was going to wait until he was 100% before playing.

maybe he should have waited until 100 % before signing then

Nobody on the roster is 100% at the moment. Nature of the game. But if Byrd isn't comfortable at 99. 651% in his left foot and 98.715% in his right foot, who are we and the rest of his teammates to judge?

GO BILLS!!!

He won't play until pain-free or aound mid-season, whichever comes first. If he's not pain-free by mid-season, he'll have to suck it up and play, and play well, otherwise he kills his $9M/year demands with guaranteed money in the $20M range.

Once again, it's not his team. It's just a group of fellow employees who aren't as seemingly disgruntled.

GO BILLS!!!

Once again it is his team. Can playing in the NFL be considered just a regular job? I don't think so. There are guys that would give their left one just to have that opporotunity.

I don't know but I think that if he is healthy enough to contribute but chooses not to because he is not 100% and can't showcase his abilities to the fullest for future contract reasons then what kind of "man" is he? Especially when his team desperately needs him. That is something only his team mates can decide. These guys don't just go to work together. They go to war together. And if that is not the case then maybe that is why they have sucked for the last 13 years.

Doug Marrone Said EJ would have to be 100% before playing...

And plenty of people have suggested he is faking even if you haven't .

Once again it is his team. Can playing in the NFL be considered just a regular job? I don't think so. There are guys that would give their left one just to have that opporotunity.

I don't know but I think that if he is healthy enough to contribute but chooses not to because he is not 100% and can't showcase his abilities to the fullest for future contract reasons then what kind of "man" is he? Especially when his team desperately needs him. That is something only his team mates can decide. These guys don't just go to work together. They go to war together. And if that is not the case then maybe that is why they have sucked for the last 13 years.

a bit ridiculous your theory. this is not the 'win one for the gipper' age.

these guys and almost everyone you know, in any field, have their minds on the money, nowadays, to the near exclusion anything else. they do NOT go to war together by the way. ask someone who has been to a war they will tell you different.

Doug Marrone Said EJ would have to be 100% before playing...

And plenty of people have suggested he is faking even if you haven't .

that's a coach protecting his player....

but E.J. never said he needed to be 100% and i'm pretty sure after surgery he started the season much less than 100%.

Nobody on the roster is 100% at the moment. Nature of the game. But if Byrd isn't comfortable at 99. 651% in his left foot and 98.715% in his right foot, who are we and the rest of his teammates to judge?

GO BILLS!!!

he probably wont be 100% again for the rest of his life after 4 years of nfl football, so im not sure how literally id take the statement.

Grow up. It's not a team. It is a business. A corporate entity. The players are employees. No one on the "team", not the coaches, not the players and not the front office have publicly expressed one iota of concern about Byrd, as you seem to believe, faking an injury because of his unhappiness with his contract.

You spout off so cocksure that no one believes Byrd is faking, as if we are to believe that is true, without any proof. Just because no one has said anything publicly doesn't mean JACK SQUAT. After Byrd leaves the Bills, then watch what is said. Until that happens or the team falls apart, everyone's gonna keep their mouth shut. Until we know for sure, you can't say your position that silence means he's not faking is anything but speculation.

Edited by BmoreBills

You spout off so cocksure that no one believes Byrd is faking, as if we are to believe that is true, without any proof. Just because no one has said anything publicly doesn't mean JACK SQUAT. After Byrd leaves the Bills, then watch what is said. Until that happens or the team falls apart, everyone's gonna keep their mouth shut. Until we know for sure, you can't say your position that silence means he's not faking is anything but speculation.

can i expect similar replies from you to anyone posting that he IS faking? all the guy your quoting said is that its a business not a family and his coworkers havent called him out yet.

Edited by NoSaint

most people outside the locker room suspect Byrd is dogging it and could have played, the last few weeks. I am sure inside the locker room the feeling is the same. they are pros so they keep quiet, but there must be some resentment building I would think.

most people outside the locker room suspect Byrd is dogging it and could have played, the last few weeks. I am sure inside the locker room the feeling is the same. they are pros so they keep quiet, but there must be some resentment building I would think.

Probably not. Players respect other players' contract situations. It's bad business to talk about someone else's contract. And I wonder how many fans would want their contract public knowledge. Bottomline, all players recognize this as a business. The second you aren't valuable to a franchise, they get rid of you. So why would any player be loyal to that franchise?

http://profootballta...is-indeed-torn/

That sucks, but seriously, cry me a river with violins. He got 8 Million Four Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars and is 26. Invest it wisely and he is set for life. Plus, he will still make MILLIONS next year if he decides to play. Oh, and the players AGREED to the franchise tag scheme, so if they have a problem with it, its THEIR fault. Byrd needs to stop being a giant baby.

Edited by RyanC883

That sucks, but seriously, cry me a river with violins. He got 8 Million Four Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars and is 26. Invest it wisely and he is set for life. Plus, he will still make MILLIONS next year if he decides to play. Oh, and the players AGREED to the franchise tag scheme, so if they have a problem with it, its THEIR fault. Byrd needs to stop being a giant baby.

You would be a great agent.

Probably not. Players respect other players' contract situations. It's bad business to talk about someone else's contract. And I wonder how many fans would want their contract public knowledge. Bottomline, all players recognize this as a business. The second you aren't valuable to a franchise, they get rid of you. So why would any player be loyal to that franchise?

Let's see, Byrd is babying an injury and costing the team games, while making millions. Yep, I'm sure every player is cool with that. Byrd is jerk. No one made him play football. The franchise tag is part of the game. Don't sign it and fake an injury. The Bills should sit his a@@, or put him on IR. Send a message that this behavior will not be tolerated.

You would be a great agent.

I'm a fan of the Bills, not the players who AGREE to a system, then cry about it afterwards while cashing checks which are more than most people will make in a life.

a bit ridiculous your theory. this is not the 'win one for the gipper' age.

these guys and almost everyone you know, in any field, have their minds on the money, nowadays, to the near exclusion anything else. they do NOT go to war together by the way. ask someone who has been to a war they will tell you different.

yeah, the war analogy is a terrible one. But in football more than other sports you do need to rely on those around you doing their jobs.