What is your favorite Bills memory

Raider blowout is my favorite of all time

Ej's first win was pretty special too. If you look at Ej after the td you can see nothing but happy emotion. I was screaming in joy for over a real minute. I'm so used to being on the losing end of the stick. This one felt good. Like it was our turn!!!

Thank you Ej for making last weekend so special!

:lol:

That's still making me laugh. Oj. lol lol.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Flutie QB keeper to beat the undefeated Jacksonville Jaguars as time expired.

Yes yes yes. Broken play, instant recognition by Flutie, one of the most instinctive plays I've ever seen, he hesitates at all and they lose. big brother and i partied for hours after that one ( after buying box of flakes)

I would have to say mine would be when the Bills beat Montana and the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.

One of the coldest games I remember but it was worth it!

CBF

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out but your favorite memory is a bit fuzzy. That game was not one of the coldest games that would have been the game vs the Raiders the week before that was -35 wind chill. I know because I flew in from LA the day before where it was 80. A 115 degree change in temp in 24 hours.

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out but your favorite memory is a bit fuzzy. That game was not one of the coldest games that would have been the game vs the Raiders the week before that was -35 wind chill. I know because I flew in from LA the day before where it was 80. A 115 degree change in temp in 24 hours.

So your avatar is a self portrait as a result of that temp change?

51-3 because it almost erased every horrible memory I had growing up a BILLS' fan. You know, going Oh-fer-the-70s against the Fish, Kay Stephenson, Bruce Mathis, Vince Ferragamo, etc. I'll never forget being up 41-3 at halftime of the AFC Championship game knowing that even the BILLS couldn't blow that lead.

If they'd just hammered the Giants in the SB like they should have.

Not sure if it is my favorite Bills memory but one of my most interesting. I was working that day and because I was outnumbered by Mexican LA Raider fans the game was on the Radio in Spanish. I kept hearing "Schroeder...intercepcion otra vez!!" :lol:

So your avatar is a self portrait as a result of that temp change?

Yes, not that you mention it it was about that time. :lol:

Not sure if it is my favorite Bills memory but one of my most interesting. I was working that day and because I was outnumbered by Mexican LA Raider fans the game was on the Radio in Spanish. I kept hearing "Schroeder...intercepcion otra vez!!" :lol:

Yes, not that you mention it it was about that time. :lol:

Very funny!!!!

A playoff game against Miami (1990, I think) in which Bills in general and Thurman Thomas in particular just ran wild. At one point Thomas broke free and looked like he might go for a touchdown, but Carwell Gardner, who was blocking down field, turned around right in Thomas's path and just flattened him. Afterwards, Thomas said it was the hardest he was hit all day....very funny and nice mocking of the phins. I think that it may have been the same press conference where Thomas said, "We kicked their ass." Which, at the time, many thought would be bleeped...but it wasn't. Playoff wins and against the phins. Good times.

First Bills tailgate as an adult, my friend and I got there about 7:30am and literally were the only people at the stadium -- we had no idea where to park. After setting up we discovered we had no matches for the grill. The first car that came, 45 minutes later, parked nearby. It was Hank Bullough. He lit our grill for us. And then 5 minutes later security came and kicked us out of the Players and Coaches lot.

First Bills tailgate as an adult, my friend and I got there about 7:30am and literally were the only people at the stadium -- we had no idea where to park. After setting up we discovered we had no matches for the grill. The first car that came, 45 minutes later, parked nearby. It was Hank Bullough. He lit our grill for us. And then 5 minutes later security came and kicked us out of the Players and Coaches lot.

That must have taken the sails out of your wind.

That's funny.

So many that I agree with. Here's one that probably slips under most radars: the 44-34 victory over the Fish that put us in the AFC championship against the Raiders - in other words, the game the week before 51-3.

I remember that one because Kelly was coming back from an injury and cornerback Tim McKyer, who had taunted the Bills two weeks before during their last regular-season meeting with "the Bills without Jim Kelly are like a hand without a thumb" -- only to get a beating from Frank Reich -- shot his stupid mouth off again. "I challenge Jim Kelly to throw my way," McKyer said. The first time the Bills got the ball, Kelly & Co. marched right down the field and capped it with a TD pass to James Lofton....over McKyer.

Just loved beating the Fish back then because they always, always yapped, and almost never could back it up. Like Steve Tasker said after one such game, "Don't write a check with your mouth that your body can't cash."

A playoff game against Miami (1990, I think) in which Bills in general and Thurman Thomas in particular just ran wild. At one point Thomas broke free and looked like he might go for a touchdown, but Carwell Gardner, who was blocking down field, turned around right in Thomas's path and just flattened him. Afterwards, Thomas said it was the hardest he was hit all day....very funny and nice mocking of the phins. I think that it may have been the same press conference where Thomas said, "We kicked their ass." Which, at the time, many thought would be bleeped...but it wasn't. Playoff wins and against the phins. Good times.

This game is a fine choice. Really all of the playoff wins vs them are up there. The '90 game for the above reasons.

'92 because there was also lots of trash talk from them & it was in their house.

'95 because it was a foregone conclusion they were going to the SB with Eric Greene & Keith Byers and the Bills run was supposedly to be over.

Damn the stupid "just give it to 'em" NE ref or we'd be 4-0 vs them in the playoffs.

Being in Rich (now Ralph Wilson) stadium opening day 1980 and seeing the Bills squish the Fish after a decade of losing to them. It was the first time in a very long time that Bills fans lost it in celebration. They tore down the goal posts. The big comeback against the Oilers in the playoffs is a close second.

I would have to say mine would be when the Bills beat Montana and the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.

CBF

That game was warm. It was the two games before that that may be the two coldest games in Bills history. I'm pretty sure they are.

So, handwarmers were sold out of stores all over, and everybody is prepared for a third game like that, but the Chiefs game was pretty mild.

I suck for having to point out a first time posters factual inaccuracies. But my favorite moment is the comeback game. I am from Rochester and I got to watch it at my dad's friends house on the wayne county border because they were able to grab NBC from Syracuse. I was in 7th grade. At halftime I made a bet with my dad that if the bills won, he'd had to take me to schaellers (local burger joint) for dinner. At 13 I had full faith in the Bills to win the game. They won, my dad tried to get out of dinner on some probably really reasonable stance that my mom would be upset and I had brothers to consider. But I went to schaellers.

CBF

The Oilers, playoff record comeback HAS to take the cake. I'm 33 and was a youngster and was at 1 of my dad;'s friends houses along with a bunch of their friends who are all Dolphins fans and they were all trying to console me at halftime cuz i had a tendency to go a little nuts (to say the least) and when we recovered that onside kick i said to them, thats it! they are coming back! Everyone thought i was nuts cuz deficit was still big and they didnt want me getting my hopes up, but at the end of the day, the tears from halftime turned into tears of joy!

The worst.... Music city Miracle... i punched the wall and shattered 2 bones in my hand and could not watch another game that post season!

Your last comment is wrong BTW, TO's first game was against the pats. I'll be keeping an eye on you troll.

Ya and a loss for that matter and TO didnt catch a pass till late in 4th quarter

OJ found not guilty.

That isnt cool to even joke about... As amazing he was as a player, but is a disgrace to HUMANITY.

End zone seat near Elvis, 1-3-93.

Also...One of the first games I attended, in 91. The Jets were in town on a brilliant, clear October day. I was really struck by how you could see the whole field, individual battles, stuff you missed watching on TV. I remember noticing James Lofton run his routes, letting the defender trail pretty close behind. Then on one play, he was off down the left sideline, and way downfield he suddenly shifted into a higher gear and put space between them. But before the burst of speed, I noticed Kelly cranking up and heaving it long. Lofton caught that bomb on his outstretched fingertips in full stride and took it in for the touchdown...what a crafty receiver!

I was hooked right then and there. Joined my buds in group season tickets and we're still going today.

December 1963. Rockpile, Cookie rushes 36 times for a pro football record 243 yards in an "mosh pit" field was terrible muddy condition. 5 TD's that game vs. the Jets. Broke Jim Brown's record of 236. Remember we had to pry the hubcaps off the car and put them in the trunk to keep them from being stolen. I was 15.

My first Bills game I watched on TV....Fergie to Ahmad Rashad w/ about 1:00 left for the come from behind victory on MNF in '74. I was 6 yrs old, cheered so loud my father got PO'd and sent me to bed. Obviously he didn't want me to see my future as a Bills fan, as the Raiders almost drove down the field and scored on a game winning FG that missed as time expired. Might be the only time the opposing team team didn't win vs. the Bills when they had a come from behind opportunity in the final seconds.

Edit...found the highlights on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4irnG4XuVVI

Edited by Eric95403

3. Bills-Raiders 1990 2. Bills-Broncos 1990 3. Bills-Oilers playoff game '92 season had season tickets '87-'95, went to all the great ones. How bout Bills-Jets 1988. BTW does anyone else have Windows 8 and your enter button doesn't work on this site??

Pretty much nailed it for me. Jets in 88 when we clinched was pretty awesome. Followed by the Raiders and Oilers of course. Was that 90 Broncos game the one where we came back from 21-6 in like the span of 3 minutes and Biscuit returned the blocked fg? That game was sick too. So many great memories from 87-93.

Oh and the 2001 Dolphins blizzard game was a blast, with the comeback and long td receptions in the snow.

Only included games I saw in person

Edited by TheBrownBear

My first Bills game I watched on TV....Fergie to Ahmad Rashad w/ about 1:00 left for the come from behind victory on MNF in '74. I was 6 yrs old, cheered so loud my father got PO'd and sent me to bed. Obviously he didn't want me to see my future as a Bills fan, as the Raiders almost drove down the field and scored on a game winning FG that missed as time expired. Might be the only time the opposing team team didn't win vs. the Bills when they had a come from behind opportunity in the final seconds.

Edit...found the highlights on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4irnG4XuVVI

This game was soooooooo great. Up until the 90s Bills game, the greatest game I ever saw. The Reich Rams game MNF in 1989 was almost an exact replica of this game. The superstar was hurt (Kelly/OJ). The Bills score what seemed like it would be the winning TD, then the other team scores and people are exiting. I was 12 years old, and my father and my friends were not people who left (Raiders game).............And, then the Bills come down for an almost improbably touchdown to win it.

Yeah, in this one the difference was how George Blanda had that last shot - and he had won so many games with last second field goals!

I'll have to watch this now!