Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

I'm confused...Explain what you mean by miscatagorized? And I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand...

Did you mean that the tweet said $9.1 mil was top Safety pay, but Golston only got $8.25 mil annually? B-)

It's how Benigni phrased it. The meaning is completely different when he said that Byrd wants to be the highest paid Safety, rather than Byrd wanting a contract similar to what the top free agent safeties got in 2013. The connotation between the two statements is completely different.

By saying that he should be the top paid Safety automatically brings to mind the idea that Byrd is the best safety in the league. That's definitely not the case. But he is definitely the best safety in this free agency, and deserves the going rate (which incidentally would make him the highest or close to the highest paid Safety).

Edited by GG

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd did NOT talk to the Toronto sun.

that reporter is just rehashing the EXACT same thing the buffalo news said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/05/bills-jarius-byrd-silences-trade-talk-rumours

Here's a link to Byrd. He dodges the stay/leave question pretty well.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Jairus-Byrd-focused-on-healing-not-trade-reports/473e98df-7f53-47db-82e1-1d2e758ae534

It's how Benigni phrased it. The meaning is completely different when he said that Byrd wants to be the highest paid Safety, rather than Byrd wanting a contract similar to what the top free agent safeties got in 2013. The connotation between the two statements is completely different.

By saying that he should be the top paid Safety automatically brings to mind the idea that Byrd is the best safety in the league. That's definitely not the case. But he is definitely the best safety in this free agency, and deserves the going rate (which incidentally would make him the highest or close to the highest paid Safety).

Thanks for responding GG... :thumbsup:

Good thing Donahue isn't here anymore. He might have traded Byrd to ourselves and cost us a 2nd round pick. Maybe even a 1st...

But seriously, I'm sure when he gets healthy he'll want to show the rest of the league how good he is so we can enjoy his talent for a few games if a trade takes place...

Here's to going undefeated until he gets traded...

a first and a second otherwise no deal and if he don't like we will franchise him again. Although the FO could loosen the purse a little and give him a honest deal.

Third overall safety money that he was offered is more then an honest deal.

The Bills had the money to sign both Levitre and Byrd (and still extend Wood). So, are the Bills a better football team this season without Levitre, with Byrd holding out and with $20m in free money under the cap? Maybe the Bills think that they need the money for next season or the one after that but to me it's unclear as to how they will better spend it or that they didn't have other options to get more money if necessary.

Dude is an above average safety. Hes tagged. He has to play lights out or his contract numbers go down. So unless he wants a paycut just to go elsewhere he'll play his game this season. He hates blo and blo hates him, happens all the time in the nfl relax.

The Bills had the money to sign both Levitre and Byrd (and still extend Wood). So, are the Bills a better football team this season without Levitre, with Byrd holding out and with $20m in free money under the cap? Maybe the Bills think that they need the money for next season or the one after that but to me it's unclear as to how they will better spend it or that they didn't have other options to get more money if necessary.

You tell me. How good were we with them?

PTR

We'll see about Levitre. It's possible that Brown may not be much of a downgrade, if at all. As for Byrd, unless giving him the big money deal was going to magically make his PF go away, the Bills did the right thing by not paying him. I can imagine the outcry if the Bills had given him $9M+/year and $20M+ in guaranteed money and he was still doubtful for opening day.

Speaking of which, Byrd should have kept the PF thing quiet. Because since it was a problem last year and didn't improve after 8 months of rest and rehab, no team will pony-up big cash if it's still a problem going into next off-season. And any team that thinks of signing him will demand games-played and performance incentives, which will likely put the guaranteed money at less than what the Bills offered him.

Speaking of which, Byrd should have kept the PF thing quiet. Because since it was a problem last year and didn't improve after 8 months of rest and rehab, no team will pony-up big cash if it's still a problem going into next off-season. And any team that thinks of signing him will demand games-played and performance incentives, which will likely put the guaranteed money at less than what the Bills offered him.

I personally think this PF story is a whole heaping pile of BS, being used as an excuse for him not to play here. Other teams will do their homework and realize what happened. I'm sure he will have absolutely NO problem at all sprinting to his new team as a disability faker sheds his crutches or wheelchair.

I personally think this PF story is a whole heaping pile of BS, being used as an excuse for him not to play here. Other teams will do their homework and realize what happened. I'm sure he will have absolutely NO problem at all sprinting to his new team as a disability faker sheds his crutches or wheelchair.

This made me laugh out loud. It conjures up those old movie images of little Timmy in the wheel chair who can miraculously walk again.

"Lawdy, lawdy! It's miracle! A miracle I tell you! I can walk, I can walk! Hallelujah, hallelujah! I can walk!"

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

You tell me. How good were we with them?

PTR

6-10. But obviously, just because a team stunk that doesn't mean that they didn't have any good players on it. Of course, we'll see what this year holds with Brown and Searcy before we can judge.

The other thing I would like to say on this matter is that I don't want to ever see the Bills draft a safety or interior offensive lineman in the first three rounds again if they aren't going to pay them should they develop into premium players. If you don't think these positions are that important then don't waste the picks and then have to let them go later.

Edited by vincec

6-10. But obviously, just because a team stunk that doesn't mean that they didn't have any good players on it. Of course, we'll see what this year holds with Brown and Searcy before we can judge.

The other thing I would like to say on this matter is that I don't want to ever see the Bills draft a safety or interior offensive lineman in the first three rounds again if they aren't going to pay them should they develop into premium players. If you don't think these positions are that important then don't waste the picks and then have to let them go later.

that is a great point. havent ever thought about it in that light but that is pretty spot on. im sure if we do trade byrd(im fully against it) we will draft a safety with that pick. typical bills FO move