Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

i'm only speaking about the one year franchise tag contract.

I don't want to get off in another area, but i'm assuming the contracts just signed by veteran players like hughes, Lawson and even Eric Wood could be re-negotiated at any time.

rookie contracts can't be re negotiated until they are in the last year. so players like russell wilson have to wait.

well, in a broader sense, i think thats the rule governing it. so if you look up tag rules it wont be listed explicitly there, it would be in basic renegotiation rules if thats the case. not trying to muddy the waters as much as point the search crew in the right direction. the first source i just pulled said that you couldnt issue a raise in the first 12 months after signing, but im not sure if its broader than that.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure where it went, but there was a proposed trade discussion thread involving...

would you trade Byrd straight up with Detroit for Ndamukong Suh ?

I just saw Suh's recent controversial block and there is no way he will be suspended. fined based on past behavior maybe. anyways, I would make that trade.

Please explain to me why the Bills should care what Byrd and Parker said/want? He is under contract. Zero discussion is needed. No trade. The tag will be applied again next year, guaranteed. Either sign a long term contract with the Bills or be out of the NFL. Retire or whatever. No trade discussion will be entertained. That is how it is going to roll. Bitches.

Please explain to me why the Bills should care what Byrd and Parker said/want? He is under contract. Zero discussion is needed. No trade. The tag will be applied again next year, guaranteed. Either sign a long term contract with the Bills or be out of the NFL. Retire or whatever. No trade discussion will be entertained. That is how it is going to roll. Bitches.

Thank-you, Jesse Pinkman.

GO BILLS!!!

and what if this scenario plays out....

Byrd is not 100% this season until after the BYE week. then he plays the final 5 games to show everyone he is healthy. the bills tag him again next year to protect their investment. same scenario plays out, no trade or long term deal happens before the start of next season. Byrd's plantar faciitis flares up again and he misses more games to start next season.

Byrd is not 100% this season until after the BYE week. then he plays the final 5 games to show everyone he is healthy. the bills tag him again next year to protect their investment. same scenario plays out, no trade or long term deal happens before the start of next season. Byrd's plantar faciitis flares up again and he misses more games to start next season.

that would be quite the play for byrd - to have his feet have him miss 20 games in 2 years, and effect him for atleast 3 and hit the free agency market at 28 looking for a monster long term deal.

not to mention the "what if he has a bad game, or gets injured in those 5" angle

Edited by NoSaint

Great script! When does this movie debut on the fiction network?

If he pulls what you are suggesting, Marrone should sit his lazy a** on the bench. Wouldn't want to re-aggravate the phantom injury.

that would be quite the play for byrd - to have his feet have him miss 20 games in 2 years, and effect him for atleast 3 and hit the free agency market at 28 looking for a monster long term deal.

not to mention the "what if he has a bad game, or gets injured in those 5" angle

I think Byrd is good, but not so good that he can flip a switch and be a standout for 5 games.

I brought this up a few weeks ago (although other posters might have brought up the topic well before I did without me realizing it), is it possible now, with Eugene Parker being the big pain in the ass he has become, that could some teams avoid drafting players represented by him? Sure he could represent players who could become playmakers, but what would the point be in a team drafting such players if they will have to fight tooth and nail to retain them. If it's not at this point, will it eventually get to the point that teams will avoid players represented by Eugene Parker and similar agents? Would avoiding players represented by such agents send a signal to new players to avoid said agents? This could turn into an interesting predicament.

Edited by Pilsner

I brought this up a few weeks ago (although other posters might have brought up the topic well before I did without me realizing it), is it possible now, with Eugene Parker being the big pain in the ass he has become, that could some teams avoid drafting players represented by him? Sure he could represent players who could become playmakers, but what would the point be in a team drafting such players if they will have to fight tooth and nail to retain them. If it's not at this point, will it eventually get to the point that teams will avoid players represented by Eugene Parker and similar agents? Would avoiding players represented by such agents send a signal to new players to avoid said agents? This could turn into an interesting predicament.

Not a chance...zero. With new CBA , no rookie holdouts. Parker is well respected within most NFL front offices according to several articles ....

Do we really think Byrd is so dumb he has no say in this process?

I wouldn't say 100% but teams have been noted as avoiding some guys players. I don't remember which offhand but its pretty public the pats don't deal with one after an ugly negotiation. That doesn't mean they 100% avoid his players but I think all else about equal they will call another guy first.

I'm fine with that. This has everything to do with the team protecting their investment. Byrd stays, end of story. If someone wants to pony up a second round pick then you listen, otherwise not interested.