Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was reported weeks ago that the Bills had explored trade possibilities even before Byrd signed his tender. Does anyone believe Parker wasn't doing the same as a service to his client?

Of course Byrd wants to be traded. This public posturing is just the requisite lipstick on a pig.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep, saw on Twitter that a trade was not "requested." Also, that Byrd has been professional. Ian Rapaport retweeted it and a trade was not requested, but he is open to one.

if the Agent is talking to other teams about possible trades and the bills are inquiring to the league if Tyrd's contract can be "altered" by the new team if traded....then exactly what is the difference between "requesting" and "open to it" ??

Parker "hey doug, we are not asking for or demanding a trade, but why don't we both explore the possiblilty of a trade because we are not against a trade, in fact, we are open to one"

got it !

if the Agent is talking to other teams about possible trades and the bills are inquiring to the league if Tyrd's contract can be "altered" by the new team if traded....then exactly what is the difference between "requesting" and "open to it" ??

Parker "hey doug, we are not asking for or demanding a trade, but why don't we both explore the possiblilty of a trade because we are not against a trade, in fact, we are open to one"

got it !

I think there is a difference.

Requesting a trade = "Please find another team who wants me because I no longer want to play for the Bills."

Open to a trade = "It's a business. I expect you to explore ways to make the team better; you should expect me to explore ways to make my wallet fatter. If those goals can be accomplished by me staying in Buffalo, let's do it. If they can't, we should both understand."

Requesting a trade = "Please find another team who wants me because I no longer want to play for the Bills."

Open to a trade = "It's a business. I expect you to explore ways to make the team better; you should expect me to explore ways to make my wallet fatter. If those goals can be accomplished by me staying in Buffalo, let's do it. If they can't, we should both understand."

I dare say it again, "erudite."

GO BILLS!!!

got it !

until he signed his tender, unless parker had an offer to bring to the table he didnt have to request anything of the bills. now that hes signed, to talk to other teams hed have to ask for that right.

the bills can explore options all along.

really its not a huge distinction but it does mean it never got to the point of "you better trade my client" instead just exploratory talks. additionally judging from the lack of public push around draft day - it does seem that its more "open to" than "wanting to force"

and i think thats about where we sit. add in some unmet expectations and obvious frustration on both sides, as to be expected. not ideal, but i dont think as nefarious as some think.

Edited by NoSaint

I find it hilarious that were actually arguing the difference between requesting/demanding a trade and "being open to trade offers".

The fact that Russ denied that they haven't even spoken about a trade in negotiations is even more hilarious. IMO, the FO is trying to do all hey can to be the good guys in this deal. They have to be. They can't be seen in another "we let another talent walk" moment.

They absolutely have not only talked about a trade, but they have looked into it with very serious intentions. The fact that Russ Brandon is trying to hide the fact that they haven't even discussed this should tell us all that.

Don't expect Tyrd to play another down for the Buffalo Bills is all I'm saying. I still hope he does, but I still stand by my original take on the whole Tyrd situation.

got it !

When you quote someone like Parkers above comments please post the link you got this from to back up your point. Thanks.

wasnt your original take that he would be traded before the season?

your right. It was. At this point I wish that happened. Instead we have this roller coaster of crap that were dealing with. Will he play? When will he play? If/when he does will he be committed to the team? Etc...

Along with my original take I said that this thing would get verrrry ugly. It's proving to be that way. Wish I was wrong though.