Who starts at QB vs Detroit ?

papazoid

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you've nailed it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Tuel plays a series or two before that.

I'm routing for Tuel of course since he's on my team but man, he is just so raw.

Not sure why really, but I'm kind of intrigued by this Thad kid. He interviews well at least. LOL ! He's hungry, reasonably quick release, pretty athletic, throws well on the run...in college anyway. Hope he gets a few reps tomorrow.

Gotta go with Tuel because hes already been with us and Id start him over other newcomers as of now, but then again we will see after the Detriot game. Who ever we have at backup QB this year better be ready to roll. I think EJ will play dangerously because he is so athletic, he better start mastering the slide. If Tuel does good play him 1 quarter, if hes having trouble then play him at least 1 half, then others play.

I could be wrong, but I was expecting almost a full half for Tuel, followed by equal time between Leinart then Thad.

This is probably closes to being accurate as anything else. IMO his lack of time with the 1's is going to be an issue so they will have to give him the half for time to get in sync with receivers at game speed. The second half gets an equal split of the quarters for Leinhart and Thad.

BigPappy

I could be wrong, but I was expecting almost a full half for Tuel, followed by equal time between Leinart then Thad.

Bills are in a tough spot. Give Tuel first team reps vs risk injury. Leinart nor Lewis have had any significant experience with the O so we are down to our last choice. Weighing the option, I would play Tuel for the entire first quarter or two solid drives - whichever comes later.

I worry more about Tuel starting against NE* as I am sure the likes of Wilfork and Spikes will try their damnest to knock Tuel out of the game

I think EJ starts week 1. That being said I'd start and give Tuel at least a quarter tomorrow. He needs real game reps. He's not a vet who has seen it all before. I believe real game experience is worth the risk of injury.

Edited by NobesBLO13

Cannot play Tuel too long if he goes down, The Bills will be claiming Tebow off waivers Saturday when the hoody cuts him.

I disagree. Tuel needs more real time I would let him play the entire game. Leinart is a known commodity. Oh and EJ is coming back!! :thumbsup:

So then you are expecting overtime in the fourth pre season game? :doh::death::censored::sick:

Sorry I realize you said almost a full half for Tuel and equal time for Leinart. But I still let Tuel play the entire game! Dude isn't going to be winded like CJ gets because EJ will be back and IS the guy. Period.

Edited by beerme1

I believe you've nailed it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Tuel plays a series or two before that.

I'm routing for Tuel of course since he's on my team but man, he is just so raw.

Not sure why really, but I'm kind of intrigued by this Thad kid. He interviews well at least. LOL ! He's hungry, reasonably quick release, pretty athletic, throws well on the run...in college anyway. Hope he gets a few reps tomorrow.

So did Kolb.

I don't see how Leinart or Lewis can be expected to start week one except as an absolute last resort. I think Tuel needs a full half and they should keep the front line solid for longer than you would generally see on a week 4 preseason game to keep him upright. As bad as our QB situation looks (even if Manuel starts, he'll be three week out of practice), I think it is a mistake to write off week one against the Pats. Vegas has dropped our stock to 10.5 point underdogs (it was 6.5 a month ago), but I believe it is still a winnable game. New England is not without its issues, and I suspect (hope) that pettine has withheld some of the more aggressive plays in the preseason. I'll be at Buzby's in Los Angeles with all the other transplanted, upstate New Yorkers in the Bill's Backers Club. The mood may be somber, but I will remain optimistic- at least until the chicken wings run out.

Edited by Rocky Landing

If Tuel is seriously being considered as an option if E.J. and Kolb are not healthy, he will need some reps against Detroit. All three Q.B.s (Tuel, Lewis, Leinart), I hope, will throw 10-15 passes.

Edited by ny33

Tuel can only play with the first team OL.

However long they are in, is how long he is in. And I do mean all 5 of them.

did we learn anything from Rex / Sanchez last week? This isnt the time to be cute.

Edited by maddenboy

Give Tuel at least first half reps. I am starting to rethink Leinart's value to the team but at this point I think Tuel has 2nd string potential and if you ask him then more. With what little Tuel showed in college why in the hell did the Bills and NE and who knows who else show interest in him? Tuel must have displayed something interesting. He'll have his ups and downs but by golly he has something most of us can root for. He's smart, takes command of the situation, doesn't get rattled easily and is confident in himself. We should rally around Tuel Time.

I believe he's the type of guy who thinks he can win against the Pats if given the chance. This is the type of guy teammates can follow.