Everyone needs to relax. Seriously. Read why

This board has gone from unrealistically obtimistic to ridiculously pessimistic because of three main things:

1. EJ Manuel is hurt and will miss the first game against the Patriots. starting in his stead will be Tuel

2. Gilmore will miss 6-8 weeks.

3. The Bills were blown out in a preseason game.

Now lets just look at each of these things more closely.

1. The Bills aren't winning this game with or without Manuel. There is nothing to indicate that he'll miss anymore time either.

2. Yes, this is a serious blow, but 6-8 weeks means 4-6 games. He will be back in October. He is not out for the season. His career is not over.

3. Preseason games, especially for young teams and rookie coaches, are about testing plays and strategies and determining who to cut and who to retain. Lookup how the bills did in the preseason in the early 90s.

Most importantly, though, is this:

The bills aren't going to do much this season. If they get very lucky, they could contend late into the season, but that would be a surprise. If you allowed yourself to think otherwise because of 2 preseason games, I don't know what to tell you. This season is about EJ developing towards his ceiling (which he will have plenty of games to do). It is about the coaching staff getting their feet wet and seeing what works and what doesn't. It is about the other rookies and young players stepping up and succeeding or falling back and ultimately being replaced. This season is about 2014, 2015, and beyond. But say if they do surprise this year and play well in September, Gilmore will be back in OCTOBER. Even if the bills were supposed to be contenders this year, his loss for 4-6 weeks would not kill the season. Step back from the ledge, please, because this board has become unreadable over the past few days.

This board has gone from unrealistically obtimistic to ridiculously pessimistic because of three main things:

1. EJ Manuel is hurt and will miss the first game against the Patriots. starting in his stead will be Tuel

1. The Bills aren't winning this game with or without Manuel. There is nothing to indicate that he'll miss anymore time either.

2. Yes, this is a serious blow, but 6-8 weeks means 4-6 games. He will be back in October. He is not out for the season. His career is not over.

3. Preseason games, especially for young teams and rookie coaches, are about testing plays and strategies and determining who to cut and who to retain. Lookup how the bills did in the preseason in the early 90s.

The bills aren't going to do much this season. If they get very lucky, they could contend late into the season, but that would be a surprise. If you allowed yourself to think otherwise because of 2 preseason games, I don't know what to tell you. This season is about EJ developing towards his ceiling (which he will have plenty of games to do). It is about the coaching staff getting their feet wet and seeing what works and what doesn't. It is about the other rookies and young players stepping up and succeeding or falling back and ultimately being replaced. This season is about 2014, 2015, and beyond. But say if they do surprise this year and play well in September, Gilmore will be back in OCTOBER. Even if the bills were supposed to be contenders this year, his loss for 4-6 weeks would not kill the season. Step back from the ledge, please, because this board has become unreadable over the past few days.

I totally agree.... Now where did I put that rum?

This type of stuff stops hurting after year 19 of Bills "fandamnation". Its cool though I like the underdog. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

I have found two camps with Tuel, nationally. Those making it a "typical Bills" punchline and those rooting for the kid with this David v. Goliath situation. Everyone loves an underdog.

Waving your !@#$ing piece around!?

Seriously!? :worthy:

Ha - right back at ya, one of my favorite flicks of all time for sure. I went as Duder one Halloween, wore a robe, drank Caucasians, great time!

Also, pursuant to the subject of the thread (and The Dude, I guess), I also very much enjoy relaxing.

The Bills getting blown out in the preseason game did not bother me at all.

Not having EJ Manuel for the opener is disappointing, but he'll be back for the Panthers game.

Losing Gilmore for 4-5 games does bother me. Yes he'll be around for the majority of the season, but with a lot of question marks in the secondary, this is one of the worst things that could happen to the Bills to start the season.

Seriously? This is what bringing to the board, OP? Wonderful..

San Fran had 2 wins the year before Harbough took over. Made the NFC Championship Game year 1, Super Bowl year two. Colts had 2 wins 2 years ago. Won the Division last year. I don't know what era you live in but the NFL is not a 'try things out for a year' League. No coach, Marrone or otherwise, gets a free pass.

Win now!

Welcome to the Board.

The Bills getting blown out in the preseason game did not bother me at all.

Not having EJ Manuel for the opener is disappointing, but he'll be back for the Panthers game.

Losing Gilmore for 4-5 games does bother me. Yes he'll be around for the majority of the season, but with a lot of question marks in the secondary, this is one of the worst things that could happen to the Bills to start the season.

Agree with all of that. . Although there is a "chance" EJ could start week one. Would make me very happy if he did. Currently Jeff Tuel is preparing as starter, but if EJ can start taking reps early next week I think they'll go with him against New England. Marrone has basically hinted at this.

Thank you, Mr. Minor.

The only thing I disagree with you about is that I really thought the Bills had a good shot at beating the Pats opening day with a healthy Manuel. I am flying across the country for the game and if he does in fact sit it out, it puts a huge damper on the whole experience. I mean, the tailgate is gonna be sick regardless but the tailgate would be sicker if Manuel plays. Anyway, I guess I just think that New England is incredibly vulnerable- at least early in the season without Gronkowski. And just imagine if Manuel comes out of that tunnel last how much that place would erupt. It would be like a Forbin's bust out at Dick's this weekend! (going all three nights)

You have missed some other details for pessimism:

1. Nigel Bradham may get suspended for pot possession.

2. Hairston is gone for the year. What happens if Pears goes down to injury?

3. With Gilmore we have average corners. Without Gilmore, we may have the worst corners in the NFL.

4. Byrd doesn't want to play for the Bills anymore and I think he has a poor year.

5. Like Marcel Darius last year, C. J. Spiller will be dealing with a tragedy in his life just before the start of the season. This may affect him all year.

Yes, I am in panic mode. Another year with no hint of the playoffs. Problem is after four or five weeks when they are out of contention, the Sabres are up with the same problem. We will not be able to fall back on them since they will suck too.

3. With Gilmore we have average corners. Without Gilmore, we may have the worst corners in the NFL.

4. Byrd doesn't want to play for the Bills anymore and I think he has a poor year.

5. Like Marcel Darius last year, C. J. Spiller will be dealing with a tragedy in his life just before the start of the season. This may affect him all year.

Yes, I am in panic mode. Another year with no hint of the playoffs. Problem is after four or five weeks when they are out of contention, the Sabres are up with the same problem. We will not be able to fall back on them since they will suck too.

This is about our basic freedoms.

it sure is friend. Now could you repeat that a bit closer to the lamp or the smoke alarm and please enunciate ?

so you are pretty stressed i am thinking Box ?

It sure can look bad if you look at it. But if you look away it just sounds like a train wreck

San Fran had 2 wins the year before Harbough took over. Made the NFC Championship Game year 1, Super Bowl year two. Colts had 2 wins 2 years ago. Won the Division last year. I don't know what era you live in but the NFL is not a 'try things out for a year' League. No coach, Marrone or otherwise, gets a free pass.

Win now!

Welcome to the Board.

This is probably the best post I've read in a while.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

I will not give free passes to my coworkers and they will not give me any. Why should we tolerate another 3 years just to be contenders?

By all means, win now!

I'm gonna get the papers. Get the papers.

Win now!

Welcome to the Board.

Why don't you read the season previews that every sports publication has been putting out this past week.

They all have a common message: "rebuilding year" "don't judge ths team by their 2013 record" "Marrone tasked with rebuilding a young team with future potential" and so on.

If you really think that this rebuild is going to take one draft and one offseason you are delusional.

You forgot one thing: One of the Jills has the clap.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

did anyone notice how hot the Washington cheerleaders are ? take a good look .

The Jills need to dress this way .

Hey we might need some distractions this year.

and hell yes we have a ways to go. I like the attitude from the staff. now lets add the players

did anyone notice how hot the Washington cheerleaders are ? take a good look .

The Jills need to dress this way .

Seriously? You think it's the outfits? I worked with a couple of the Redskins cheerleaders. It has nothing to do with the outfits. :flirt:

After the past decade+ I don't see how anyone could expect the Bills to make the playoffs anyway. It will be awesome when it happens but I know I save myself some aggrevation when I don't buy all the hype coming into a new year. Our basic problems this year were going to be QB, depth and LB/DB plus learning new systems. We've already had some bad luck with that. For example, probably the key to the D is Gilmore since we have some weak starters back there. It was going to be difficult to stop the passing game with him back there. Without him it will be very interesting to see if we can slow down teams much. However, this is shaping up to be a year where we struggle early and improve heading into next year which I prefer to the years when we go 5 - 1 and then wind up winning 7 games.

Seriously? You think it's the outfits? I worked with a couple of the Redskins cheerleaders. It has nothing to do with the outfits. :flirt:

I was hoping to cheer up the home crowd.

It has something to do with the oufits at the Bills game last saturday.

you son of a gun !