Bills release WR Rogers, WR Sampson, C Turnley, CB Rolle, DB Ellis

I would disagree 100%. I would rather have another guy that's working hard to succeed than a (*^*&%^$^#slacker. Give me another Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson that is working hard than a guy like Rogers. When I think of Rogers, I think of Matt Jones. Potential? Sure, but too stupid.

Well, unless you are privy to inside information or were at the camps, it's hard to assess Rogers attitude. My point is that we are not winning Super Bowls with a team of Fred Jacksons and Stevie Johnsons without a few real standouts. My impression is that Rogers had the potential to be that good, but needed some work on being a pro receiver and likely his attitude. I think you can get away with giving a kid who's been at a D1-AA college one year to step up. Maybe witnessing how a professional team operates will help him realize what he needs to do. If not, cut him. I think it's no risk because we are not winning the Super Bowl this year anyway and those other guys aren't likely to be more than "guys".

I guess I just have to trust that Marrone and co didn't think he was going to pan out and made the move.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who have been at camp feel differently.

And So do i .

I like the Hogan, and Easily has worked his butt off too. give em a shot. I hope Sampson makes to the PS.

Marrone seems to run a tight ship. For better or worse. Rogas did not seem to pick up on that by all reports i read.

at this point in the game i prefer all horses pulling in the same direction.

Edited by 3rdand12

I just dont get what we lose as a team that cant win the superbowl by keeping him over b smith.

If they cut Smith and Stevie got hurt, we would be subjected to some very long painful games from a fan's standpoint.

Graham, Goodwin, Woods, Rogers, Hogan would probably be your 5 healthy left at that point. They fifteen combined games of NFL experience. Yikes.

Well, unless you are privy to inside information or were at the camps, it's hard to assess Rogers attitude. My point is that we are not winning Super Bowls with a team of Fred Jacksons and Stevie Johnsons without a few real standouts. My impression is that Rogers had the potential to be that good, but needed some work on being a pro receiver and likely his attitude. I think you can get away with giving a kid who's been at a D1-AA college one year to step up. Maybe witnessing how a professional team operates will help him realize what he needs to do. If not, cut him. I think it's no risk because we are not winning the Super Bowl this year anyway and those other guys aren't likely to be more than "guys".

I guess I just have to trust that Marrone and co didn't think he was going to pan out and made the move.

You fill you roster with your best players. Da'rick didnt make the cut now he's da'clerk at da'supermarket. End of story.

good we don't need any "talented" uncoachable players on this team.

I recall Belichick once saying that the #1 thing he looks for in draft prospects and FAs is coachability. He said they give players hard coaching in NE and he doesn't want players who can't be coached or don't want to be coached.

A first year head coach who is trying to change a culture of losing does not have the luxury to keep

a guy who isn't working hard based solely on potential. First off it's a bad message to send the rest

of the team and secondly, you can't afford the roster spot.

And most of the really talented guys who had attitude or other problems but still made it in the NFL,

were actually hard workers...look at T.O. Always working hard to be the best despite his other

issues. I don't think anyone stays in the NFL long if they aren't working and playing hard consistently.

I recall Belichick once saying that the #1 thing he looks for in draft prospects and FAs is coachability. He said they give players hard coaching in NE and he doesn't want players who can't be coached or don't want to be coached.

And yet he traded for Randy Moss!!!!

I really was hoping that they kept DaRick on the roster. I was looking at it like this, we aren't winning the Super Bowl this year no matter what. That is really all that matters to me. I can't see how a guy like Kaufman is going to get us closer to that goal. Down the road, Da'Rick is talented enough to be a potentially be a difference maker on the offense and the type of guy that can drastically improve an offense. It's worth the small risk of keeping him on the roster and trying to develop him.

Hopefully, Marrone just thought he was a lost cause. If that's the case, I hope he's right.

I would have to blame Rogers for his exit and not the Bills coaching staff...He signed with the Bills with the clear understanding that besides SJ there was no WR on this team and yet he could not transition from a UDFA to grab that 2nd WR spot. In fact there were two open starting spots with SJ eventually moving to the slot. People always want to blame others for their woes, but when they had full control of their destiny and yet chose to ride the plank, they deserve to be let go.

The NFL network did a quick interview of Parcells at the HoF Game this preseason.

IIRC they asked him about being able to motivate players. His response was something to the effect that players are either motivated or they aren't. A coach isn't going to make an unmotivated player motivated. A coach is able to take the motivated player and make him successful.

The NFL network did a quick interview of Parcells at the HoF Game this preseason.

IIRC they asked him about being able to motivate players. His response was something to the effect that players are either motivated or they aren't. A coach isn't going to make an unmotivated player motivated. A coach is able to take the motivated player and make him successful.

Heard Carl Banks on Sirius NFL last year on Parcells and this topic. He calls it DWI... Doesn't Want It.