Bills release WR Rogers, WR Sampson, C Turnley, CB Rolle, DB Ellis

I think it is an indictment on him that he didn't make it to the final cutdown. Maybe they are pulling the super sneaky route to try and get him on the ps but I highly doubt it. He didn't get much playing time in any of the games. I heard an interesting snippet on hard knocks from Marvin Lewis talking about one of his players. He said something along the lines of players don't make the team in practices, they earn playing time in the preseason game, that is where they earn their roster spots. To me it made it almost a 3 stpe process - do well in practice, do well in game, make roster. Rogers failed step 1!

yea - i dont get the impression that it was a "hide him from the league" situation that we have going here. its the risk you take with these guys. its low risk, high reward -- but its rough when you have to pull the plug and wonder what/if they will go on to do elsewhere.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I'll read all day.

How do you figure he does that, when he doesn't even know when to be on the field in practice? We're taking about Tommy and the Hoddie, the same duo that let Chad Johnson rot away on the sidelines due to his misunderstanding of how he was expected to play the position.

I'd also add that it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats* shied away from character risk players after the offseason they just went through.

yea - i dont get the impression that it was a "hide him from the league" situation that we have going here. its the risk you take with these guys. its low risk, high reward -- but its rough when you have to pull the plug and wonder what/if they will go on to do elsewhere.

I know... if he goes on to have even 1 succesful GAME somewhere we will have to hear all about how we should have kept him. Doesn't matter if it is 3 years from now.... If he comes in and does well THIS year however, those criticisms might be warranted. Maybe he will end up a Marshawn situation - getting kicked out of "the siberia of the nfl" Buffalo may awaken him to how much effort he needs to put in. Then again, maybe not.

I just dont get what we lose as a team that cant win the superbowl by keeping him over b smith.

If you heard Mark Kelso and Chris Brown during the Redskins pregame they said Rogers would often miss his call to the field because he'd be shooting the bull with someone instead of paying attention to practice. I know Da'Rick came in with a lot of hype but do you really keep a guy who can't even pay attention in practice?

PTR

we still havent kept smith on our 53 but im guessing the 4 obvious plus easley and smith are the 6 and then hogan/kaufman to the PS

I know with the whole contract restructuring most think he will be on the 53 but Hogan has outperformed Smith by a mile IMO. Plus I like that they call him 7-11.

I know... if he goes on to have even 1 succesful GAME somewhere we will have to hear all about how we should have kept him. Doesn't matter if it is 3 years from now.... If he comes in and does well THIS year however, those criticisms might be warranted. Maybe he will end up a Marshawn situation - getting kicked out of "the siberia of the nfl" Buffalo may awaken him to how much effort he needs to put in. Then again, maybe not.

yup - even if he plays well elsewhere, it doesnt mean he wouldve here. he will be an interesting guy to keep an eye on. ive been curious about how hed turn out for a few years now.

I'd also add that it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats* shied away from character risk players after the offseason they just went through.

Killers are pretty rare as NFL players, I think the Pats have had theirs for now, would be a huge coincidence, I would think they won't have another for quite awhile. Bills last had one in 1974.

Killers are pretty rare as NFL players, I think the Pats have had theirs for now, would be a huge coincidence, I would think they won't have another for quite awhile. Bills last had one in 1974.

I'm not saying Rogers is a potential murderer by any stretch of the imagination. He is however a huge character risk. One who has the potentail to be arrested for something dumb which would be a black eye on an organization that is quickly running out of eyes to be blackened. That IMO may lead them to shy away from him.