Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much cross talk when we already have this--------> http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/160713-no-ones-talking-about-gilmores-injury/

Thanks for pushing to link this to an old thread so I had to read through pages of speculation and nonsense before Gilmore's injury when all I wanted to see was the official announcement and fellow fan reaction. You seem to be one of the chief thread police on the board from what I have seen which is why I'm directing to you.

...like when Mario was signed and the official announcement and reaction started on page 100 something!

Please start new threads when major topics change for those of that are not on the board all day hitting refresh, but come to the board daily (for well over a decade now!). Speculation in one thread, then "it's official and react" in another

Thanks for pushing to link this to an old thread so I had to read through pages of speculation and nonsense before Gilmore's injury when all I wanted to see was the official announcement and fellow fan reaction. You seem to be one of the chief thread police on the board from what I have seen which is why I'm directing to you.

...like when Mario was signed and the official announcement and reaction started on page 100 something!

Please start new threads when major topics change for those of that are not on the board all day hitting refresh, but come to the board daily (for well over a decade now!). Speculation in one thread, then "it's official and react" in another

He should start his own webpage, maybe he can be the next Mike Florio. :thumbsup:

Look at it this way: the Patriots' #1 outside WR appears to be Kenbrell Thompkins, an undrafed rookie FA, so it's not outlandish to man Butler or McKelvin on him. Amendola works primarily out of the slot, so they can double him using a nickel and a LB or safety. The issue is going to be the running lanes that get created by all of this.

He should start his own webpage, maybe he can be the next Mike Florio. :thumbsup:

You two start your own Bills forum and each poster can start their own thread on the same subject. It'll be LAMP heaven. :lol:

I think Whaley will be scouring the waiver wire for a CB over the next couple days. I wonder who might become available.

We will definitely have to find one from someone's cuts. The good thing for Pettine's day in terms of CB play. Its a lot more of man to man. So if we do sign someone quickly. It wont take them as long to adjust than a LB or a DL that have tons of blitz packages and stunts. That would require more time with team to learn role in each set.

Really hoping we can find a savvy vet who can come in and start. A few ppl mentioned Winfield, he could be a very solid option and he is also very stout vs run for a CB. Hopefully Seahawks dont keep him!

We will definitely have to find one from someone's cuts. The good thing for Pettine's day in terms of CB play. Its a lot more of man to man. So if we do sign someone quickly. It wont take them as long to adjust than a LB or a DL that have tons of blitz packages and stunts. That would require more time with team to learn role in each set.

Really hoping we can find a savvy vet who can come in and start. A few ppl mentioned Winfield, he could be a very solid option and he is also very stout vs run for a CB. Hopefully Seahawks dont keep him!

I wonder if we could trade TJ Graham to the Seahawks (they could use him in place of Harvin til he comes back) for Winfield. I know people think Graham sucks, but it does give them a speed WR that they don't have.

Buffalo Bills @buffalobillsMarrone: IR-Return won't be considered for Gilmore

This is good news... no short term IR. That means they think he can get back quicker and want to make sure he can get on field asap. the 6-8 weeks is probably worst case. Let's hope this is not as bad as it seems. I know even one game without him is bad... but at least it happened (1) 2 weeks before the season starts and (2) right at the time teams are making cuts.

Look at it this way: the Patriots' #1 outside WR appears to be Kenbrell Thompkins, an undrafed rookie FA, so it's not outlandish to man Butler or McKelvin on him. Amendola works primarily out of the slot, so they can double him using a nickel and a LB or safety. The issue is going to be the running lanes that get created by all of this.

I have Shane Vereen on my FF team B-) but seriously, hope I lose that week.

Outside of losing Manuel I'm not sure there was a single player the Bills could least afford to lose for any stretch of time...Just lost our top player from arguably the position of least depth...This is about as bad as news can get outside of Gilmore being gone for the season...

I understand injuries happen all over the NFL...But good grief this team is due for a break and they continuously get none...I'm shaking my head and staring into space right now...I can't believe the luck of this team...If it was not for bad, they would have none at all... :(

My exact thought. I'm in a state of shock and have become one of those people that overreact to things.....our season is lost unless we can make a trade or get lucky and find a diamond in the rough from the CBs cut before the season. I hate to be "that guy", but I think is the most indispensable player on our D, especially considering our style of D. I wonder how much Pettine is going to cut back on blitzing now.

waaaa waaaa. Waaaaa

My exact thought. I'm in a state of shock and have become one of those people that overreact to things.....our season is lost unless we can make a trade or get lucky and find a diamond in the rough from the CBs cut before the season. I hate to be "that guy", but I think is the most indispensable player on our D, especially considering our style of D. I wonder how much Pettine is going to cut back on blitzing now.

I agree with Gilmore being the most indispensable player on our D (as the roster currently stands), but I think if Pettine dials back the blitzes, it may just exacerbate the problem.

I'm having a brain cramp - who was the Bills' DB a few years back who kept on injuring more Bills than he was making tackles? Not Roy Vincent, but someone else.

Kurt Schulz maybe? Matt Darby? I do remember somebody back there wreaking havoc against our own guys.

GO BILLS!!!