Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

This is just wrong. They are implementing a new D scheme and you can't go into the season with your starters only having played a few series together in the new scheme. NO coach would do that.

I know fans want someone to blame but the bottom line is that football is a violent game and players get hurt.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Since the new coaching staff arrived they had at least had one work thru with drills and a mini camp 4-5 day thing. Then after the daft the Bills held another mini camp with everyone. This where most of the players get their playbook and if they are cleared medically, their dietary guidelines.. Then there is the real training camp. Repetition and contact and repetition and timing on both sides of the ball; then the hitting in camp. By the time the practice games come around maybe Gilmores secondary coach wants to tweak something on his mechanics to make his hip transition smother. Gilmore probably went thru all this minor stuff last year.. He is a really smart kid so any carry over on what he learned last year should be no problem. As far as scheme as far as Conerbacks. Well there is blitzing and there is passing a reciever off to fellow DB. But arn't these things he probably learned in college.. I still contend that Gillmore was on the field for too many plays One play too many and now he will be done for around 2 months. Big loss with Gillmore out.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put a cast on it and man up, Ronnie Lott would be offended.

Lott would have played looking like the Black Knight in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail. You couldn't keep that guy off the field. Just a helluva football player.

GO BILLS!!!

• 2 weeks later...