Obama Honors '72 Dolphins for some reason

Ralonzo

Probably because it has been 40 years. That SB was played in 1973... Rest of the world got Elvis in Hawaii and we got Miami and that racist team in the SB... Had to wait till April to get Aloha from Hawaii... LoL... Satellite schmattilite!

And... The Bills almost beat those felons @ the Orange Bowl that season... Lost by one point...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Probably because it has been 40 years. That SB was played in 1973... Rest of the world got Elvis in Hawaii and we got Miami and that racist team in the SB... Had to wait till April to get Aloha from Hawaii... LoL... Satellite schmattilite!

And... The Bills almost beat those felons @ the Orange Bowl that season... Lost by one point...

One point is all it takes....

Let's see..He does not know about: Bengazi, the IRS, Fast & Furious, Border Security, NSA, etc., etc. What are the chances he knows anything about this??? :doh:

He does know about all of those.

His administration is getting to the bottom of all of them.

The idea was brought up by Dolphins reps and it is being paid for completely by the teams owner. From what I understand it is because they were never publicly acknowledged by the President after their Super Bowl win in 1972 because then President Nixon was so wrapped up in the Watergate issue that not only weren't they invited to the White House, he never bothered to give them even the phone call after the game that was pretty much standard practice back then although he did send both coaches a telegram some time later. The fact that Nixon never called after the game is a bit surprising given the his history of calling up NFL coaches to submit plays to them (with somewhat less than stellar results).

3 of the Dolphins (Langer, Fernandez and Kuechenberg) refused to go to the White House because they hate Obama and everything that he stands for:

http://www.dailymail...like-Obama.html

Incorrect.

They disagree with his policies and choose not to be used as props, there is no indication that they "hate" Mr. Obama.

Edited by B-Man

They disagree with his policies

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23236793/some-member-of-72-dolphins-refuse-white-house-invite

"I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don't say anything"

"I just don't believe in this administration."

"I don't want to be in a room with those people."

That's more than just "disagreement".

http://www.cbssports...te-house-invite

"I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don't say anything"

"I just don't believe in this administration."

"I don't want to be in a room with those people."

That's more than just "disagreement".

No, it's not.

Hate expresses itself very clearly.

This is not personal with your response, I am just tired of the automatic, fallback position of many, that serious policy disagreement = Hate

At least the PPPers are consistent. See the President's name, get wood, post snarky response. You guys are awesome. It's a shame that BO is holding you back.

No, it's not.

Hate expresses itself very clearly.

This is not personal with your response, I am just tired of the automatic, fallback position of many, that serious policy disagreement = Hate

I guess I'm strange. I root for the President & the country to succeed. Sad that there are so many that do the opposite.

At least the PPPers are consistent. See the President's name, get wood, post snarky response. You guys are awesome. It's a shame that BO is holding you back.

I guess I'm strange. I root for the President & the country to succeed. Sad that there are so many that do the opposite.

I, too, hope that every president will succeed, as I have skin in the game; however, I reserve the right to be critical when they do not, especially when the poor results are predictable by an educated an informed observer, and the administration is corrupt and incompetant.

This is not dissimilar to the way I root for the Bills. If the Bills are down by 14 with 3 minutes to go, and insist on lineing up in a Heavy-I formation and pounding the ball up the middle with Tashard Choice over and over again while Doug Marrone blows line after line of coke while commiting lewd sex acts with under-age farm animals on the sidelines, I'm going to be pulling for Choice to break a few big ones and win us the game. Realistically, however, I know we've thrown that game away, and will be calling for Marrone's head on a pike even before the game is over.

This is not dissimilar to the way I root for the Bills. If the Bills are down by 14 with 3 minutes to go, and insist on lineing up in a Heavy-I formation and pounding the ball up the middle with Tashard Choice over and over again while Doug Marrone JBoyst blows line after line of coke while commiting lewd sex acts with under-age farm animals on the sidelines, I'm going to be pulling for Choice to break a few big ones and win us the game.

Fixed that for ya.

I, too, hope that every president will succeed, as I have skin in the game; however, I reserve the right to be critical when they do not, especially when the poor results are predictable by an educated an informed observer, and the administration is corrupt and incompetant.

This is not dissimilar to the way I root for the Bills. If the Bills are down by 14 with 3 minutes to go, and insist on lineing up in a Heavy-I formation and pounding the ball up the middle with Tashard Choice over and over again while Doug Marrone blows line after line of coke while commiting lewd sex acts with under-age farm animals on the sidelines, I'm going to be pulling for Choice to break a few big ones and win us the game. Realistically, however, I know we've thrown that game away, and will be calling for Marrone's head on a pike even before the game is over.

Haha. Look, it's fine to be critical. But we definitely live in a society where people root for the President to fail before he even takes office. It happened with Bush too.

Personally, the sooner you stop acting like the President is somehow controlling your life, the better life you will have. I don't care who the President is, I'm going to do well. People just love to female dog to female dog. This place would be really boring if the Bills just won SBs ever year.

Personally, the sooner you stop acting like the President is somehow controlling your life, the better life you will have.

On the other hand, the sooner the president(s) stop trying to control your life, the better your life will be. Now get ye some health insurance lest ye be fined!

Anybody know if Obama is planning on honoring 80s music anytime? They should bring in The Bangles and sing Walk Like An Egyptian

He'll get Milli Vanilli's Grammy returned to them and apologize that former administrations did not do it sooner.

I guess you are.

Why else would you post a statement that has little to do with the post you are (supposedly) replying to...........lol

Edited by B-Man

Back on the point of the thread.

As I told Go Bills in Dallas, those who chose not to go and be part of a publicity stunt are certainly being shown to have used good judgement.

The only team in professional football history to go undefeated getting a White House reception 40 years after the fact is worthy of real estate in print newspapers, but today's Washington Post elected to put a gauzy item on President Obama hosting the 1972 Dolphins not on the front page of the Sports section but the front page of the entire paper.

What's more, sports writer Liz Clarke all but infantilized those heroes of the gridiron, portraying them as "wide-eyed children" who could "stand a little taller" basking in Obama's presence

LOL.......

Edited by B-Man

because people have a philosophical difference with the president's policies doesn't mean that they believe the president is holding them back. it is true however that whenever a new law is passed, people have lost the ability to legally do something that they could legally do yesterday. while that may not be directly interpreted as holding someone back, it certainly can seen as having had an impediment placed in your path.

most people want the president to succeed, if by 'succeed' you mean increase the opportunity for prosperity for us all. some people believe, however, that ceratin policies are guaranteed to fail, so they oppose them. it's really that simple.

sadly, there are many who will automatically dismiss anything a president tries to do simply because there is an 'R' or a 'D' behind their name.

Haha. Look, it's fine to be critical. But we definitely live in a society where people root for the President to fail before he even takes office. It happened with Bush too.

Personally, the sooner you stop acting like the President is somehow controlling your life, the better life you will have. I don't care who the President is, I'm going to do well. People just love to female dog to female dog. This place would be really boring if the Bills just won SBs ever year.

Gee how socially responsible of you. :rolleyes:

I hope the Bills suck this year then because if they win the SuperBowl they'll have to go to the White House and see Obama. How horrible. PPPer's would, of course, discount the win. In fact they'd storm the Ralph and smash the Lombardi trophy, ANYTHING to keep the Bills from being polluted by a visit to an Obama White House.

I hope the Bills suck this year then because if they win the SuperBowl they'll have to go to the White House and see Obama. How horrible. PPPer's would, of course, discount the win. In fact they'd storm the Ralph and smash the Lombardi trophy, ANYTHING to keep the Bills from being polluted by a visit to an Obama White House.

I'm far from a fan of Obama, and I still wouldn't want to see him polluted BY a Bills visit...