The 2013 Training Camp Thread

Heitz

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got two sacks/TFLs. :)

8/2/13 - WGR interview with EJ Manuel on what he's looking forward to and how he's learning: http://www.wgr550.co...ntentId=6475604

EJ is grounded and focused. Love his preparation and quiet confidence.

Are we starting to get too much of this guy? I guess I am just anxious to see him play. We still have over a week for our first chance to see that... Aug 11.

Well that was quick. So we don't like Kolb and we don't like EJ anymore... is it time to move on to Tuel? :P

Edited by Dorkington

Stevie went down w/ what looks like L hamstring injury; had to be helped off field.

CB's report said he "pulled up" and was taken to the locker room. Hopefully it's just a tweak, although even a bad pull would have a good 4 weeks before he'd need to be ready for the opener.

Is it the same hamstring he injured last year?

Wasn't it his groin last year? Anyway, it's the L hammy.

One silver lining in the injury -- more chances to see this deep WR group in action, particularly during the preseason games. You know they're not going to rush Stevie back, with the only goal being to get him ready for September 8.

One silver lining in the injury -- more chances to see this deep WR group in action, particularly during the preseason games. You know they're not going to rush Stevie back, with the only goal being to get him ready for September 8.

Stevie will not play a second before he has too, that's for sure.

It was his L hammy last year.

Not good.

I think the groin was what he had the minor surgery on to fix, 2 years ago? It was hammy last year, but he'll have more time to heal. No point in rushing him back.

Wonder what it is that causes Stevie to have so many muscle issues. It seems like he stretches plenty, yet is either tight or pulls something quite often. Oh well, hopefully he gets back on the field soon. Do agree with the silver lining of getting our depth guys some more looks.

I thought he was running with them already, no ??

Believe this to be correct.

Really bummed about Stevie. I guess if it had to happen, better now than during a game. It gives more time to groom his back-up I suppose. Get well Stevie.

I also saw on the TC blog that back-up TE Caussyn (sp?) was injured as well.....no details.

Marrone just confirmed, succinctly: Stevie has a hamstring injury and is being evaluated. No word on whether Stevie had the team's permission to pull up on the route.

Who's evaluating him?

Does he have permission to be re-evaluated?

Was there any thought to evaluation before the injury occurred?

When did you first know Stevie needed to be evaluated?

Will Stevie be placed under observation before being re-re-evaluated?

Why is there air?

GO BILLS!!!

Stevie has 5 weeks and 2 days to heal up. As long as no surgery is indicated, he should be ok. In the meantime, how exciting to get a chance to watch all of the young guns out there.

Agreed...biggest issue would be having him in game shape if it turns out to be a more serious hamstring injury

According to Dan Moriarty (just interviewed on Radio) the status of Stevie's injury will be addressed by Coach Marrone tomorrow at 11:00am after practice.

Dan also stated that Kevin Kolb had his best practice of training camp so far and EJ was sharp as well having taken more reps against the #1s. I guess EJ ended his day with a bomb TD to M Goodwin. Cool !

According to Dan Moriarty (just interviewed on Radio) the status of Stevie's injury will be addressed by Coach Marrone tomorrow at 11:00am after practice.

Dan also stated that Kevin Kolb had his best practice of training camp so far and EJ was sharp as well having taken more reps against the #1s. I guess EJ ended his day with a bomb TD to M Goodwin. Cool !

This is excellent news; both QBs getting better as camp progresses. That's what we really want, after all.

Maybe if he spent more time working out then he does doing advertisements for Saggy Pants.com and taking photos disrespecting the U.S. Navy with fake ribbons and USS !@#$MORE patches he might not get injured 4 times a year. He may never grow up.

Maybe if he spent more time working out then he does doing advertisements for Saggy Pants.com and taking photos disrespecting the U.S. Navy with fake ribbons and USS !@#$MORE patches he might not get injured 4 times a year. He may never grow up.

Is there a correlation between wearing certain clothing and getting hamstring injuries?

Wonder what it is that causes Stevie to have so many muscle issues. It seems like he stretches plenty, yet is either tight or pulls something quite often. Oh well, hopefully he gets back on the field soon. Do agree with the silver lining of getting our depth guys some more looks.

Could it be the way the somewhat unorthodox 'basketball moves' (for lack of a better term) he uses to get off the line?

:blink: