Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

I see no reason why the Bills should expect anything less than a first round pick for Byrd.

His agent is touting him to be one of the if not the best safeties in the league so why would the Bills settle for anything less?

They can still tag him again next year

CBF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with Aaron Williams looking good @ the FS position in camps and OTA's has given the team some flexibility with Byrd in their eyes. They will not let themselves be worked over by his blowhole agent and will do what they feel is necessary for the team/organization as a whole.

Chris Brown offers this: I don’t think we can rule out the potential of a sign and trade, but it should be noted that such an option does not exist as long as he has not signed his franchise tender. The Bills have traded a franchise-designated player before. They did it with Peerless Price when they shipped him to Atlanta in exchange for a first-round draft choice back in 2003.

I believe the Bills would prefer to keep Jairus Byrd on the roster long term. Keep in mind there are other options for both sides (e.g. sign one-year tender, wait until end of season to negotiate long term contract, etc.).

I don’t want to get too far into the hypotheticals, but in reference to your ‘what would they trade for’ scenario, a proven starting guard couldn’t hurt.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/07/05/fan-friday-7-5/

I don't think a 1st round pick alone is going to be enough for the Bill's to bite. Any team that is interested would have to pay pretty dearly to get Byrd. His value is for multiple picks.....not just a single 1st rounder. On top of that, the team who gets him will have to pay big money to get him. I don't see a team giving up multiple picks plus forking over a big time contract. I'm sure Byrd will either work out a deal with Buffalo or sign his franchise tag.

I don't think a 1st round pick alone is going to be enough for the Bill's to bite. Any team that is interested would have to pay pretty dearly to get Byrd. His value is for multiple picks.....not just a single 1st rounder. On top of that, the team who gets him will have to pay big money to get him. I don't see a team giving up multiple picks plus forking over a big time contract. I'm sure Byrd will either work out a deal with Buffalo or sign his franchise tag.

And what makes you think that his value is worth more than one 1st rounder!!? He is a safety for god sake who isn't even six feet tall. From the talk on here, you would think that Jairus Byrd is Ronnie Lott Steve Atwater Troy Palumalu and Ed Reed COMBINED. Give it a rest. He is a solid player, but not a dominating game changing force every single week. Sure it would be nice to have him come back. But there is no way that the Bills will let Eugene Parker hold them hostage over a safety. It just will not happen.

And why are you sure that he will "work out a deal" w the Bills if he hasn't in the four months since he has been tagged? This is a new era for the Bills. I am sure they have put a value on what they will pay Byrd. If his agent will not come close to that, he is gone simple as that. I would be happy for a first round pick for Byrd. Especially if it is a top 20 pick next year. Lets start talking about the guys who do want to play for us.

And what makes you think that his value is worth more than one 1st rounder!!? He is a safety for god sake who isn't even six feet tall. From the talk on here, you would think that Jairus Byrd is Ronnie Lott Steve Atwater Troy Palumalu and Ed Reed COMBINED. Give it a rest. He is a solid player, but not a dominating game changing force every single week. Sure it would be nice to have him come back. But there is no way that the Bills will let Eugene Parker hold them hostage over a safety. It just will not happen.

And why are you sure that he will "work out a deal" w the Bills if he hasn't in the four months since he has been tagged? This is a new era for the Bills. I am sure they have put a value on what they will pay Byrd. If his agent will not come close to that, he is gone simple as that. I would be happy for a first round pick for Byrd. Especially if it is a top 20 pick next year. Lets start talking about the guys who do want to play for us.

Byrd's situation looks more dire than you think, there's no way he gets anything past his tendered-offer this year. If someone valued him that highly, they would of already given up the 2 - 1st round picks to obtain him.

Byrd either plays for $6.9 M or he can sit out. We couldn't even field a top 25 defense & he wants #1 money at his position?? Come on man, get your head out of the clouds.

Chris Brown offers this: I don’t think we can rule out the potential of a sign and trade, but it should be noted that such an option does not exist as long as he has not signed his franchise tender. The Bills have traded a franchise-designated player before. They did it with Peerless Price when they shipped him to Atlanta in exchange for a first-round draft choice back in 2003.

I believe the Bills would prefer to keep Jairus Byrd on the roster long term. Keep in mind there are other options for both sides (e.g. sign one-year tender, wait until end of season to negotiate long term contract, etc.).

I don’t want to get too far into the hypotheticals, but in reference to your ‘what would they trade for’ scenario, a proven starting guard couldn’t hurt.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/07/05/fan-friday-7-5/

Have to wonder if the Chris Brown messaging is directed and follows negotiating postures or a completely siloed synopsis

I see no reason why the Bills should expect anything less than a first round pick for Byrd.

His agent is touting him to be one of the if not the best safeties in the league so why would the Bills settle for anything less?

They can still tag him again next year

CBF

and he can still hold out completely. Eventually he'll get paid.

Have to wonder if the Chris Brown messaging is directed and follows negotiating postures or a completely siloed synopsis

From what I understand it's somewhere in between the two...

Aaron Williams tweet:

Ayyee just got off the phone wit @jairusbyrd I miss my homie!! Can't wait till he back, after he get done with his business first

Deadlines spur action...I think he'll sign his tender soon, but I'm speculating

This article references James Walker via ESPN, as it's source. I'll leave it at that.

A bad citation by PFT. The actual NFL.com article is by Marc Sessler.

Of course he references Chris Brown's article on the subject... which is what James Walker did for ESPN.

Slow news day all the way around.

Now if Tim Graham would write a story quoting Walker's column, then Chris Brown could pick that up as further proof that nothing is happening with respect to the Jarius Byrd contract impasse.

Edited by Nanker