Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills Front Office give into the demands of Eugene Parker AGAIN then we might have 40 hold outs next year. I'm with the Bills Front Office on this one. If Parker wants Byrd to sit the season out I'm fine with that. Byrd will not get paid and the Bills have the option to tag him next year. Parker will not care as he is already a very rich man. On basis Byrd has a non exclusive franchise tag Parker could already be talking to other teams but the Bills don't seem to be overwhelmed with offers. 8 Days to go and then we will see. Don't get me wrong I want to see Byrd playing great football for the Bills in 2013 but not at any price.

If the Bills Front Office give into the demands of Eugene Parker AGAIN then we might have 40 hold outs next year. I'm with the Bills Front Office on this one. If Parker wants Byrd to sit the season out I'm fine with that. Byrd will not get paid and the Bills have the option to tag him next year. Parker will not care as he is already a very rich man. On basis Byrd has a non exclusive franchise tag Parker could already be talking to other teams but the Bills don't seem to be overwhelmed with offers. 8 Days to go and then we will see. Don't get me wrong I want to see Byrd playing great football for the Bills in 2013 but not at any price.

Byrd is in control of his own situation. He could sign that deal at any time whether Parker wants him to or not.

Placing all the blame on the agent, and none on the team or player, is misguided in my opinion

It's true, if we give in now we might not even be able to field a team for week 1 in 2014 with all the holdouts!

Players who already have contracts rarely hold out. Byrd is not holding out. He still may but this usually happens with the franchise tag. There won't be more holdouts because of this.

Players who already have contracts rarely hold out. Byrd is not holding out. He still may but this usually happens with the franchise tag. There won't be more holdouts because of this.

What about Jason Peters in 2008 ?? He was under contract. No coincidence he was a client of the aforesaid Eugene Parker. He decided to miss all of training camp/pre season and then allowed 11.5 sacks that season. Quality.

Byrd is in control of his own situation. He could sign that deal at any time whether Parker wants him to or not.

Placing all the blame on the agent, and none on the team or player, is misguided in my opinion

Yeah, I guess in theory that's true. But when you're giving away 5% you probably listen to the guy's opinion.

Yeah, I guess in theory that's true. But when you're giving away 5% you probably listen to the guy's opinion.

The agent has a say for sure, he's just not the guy in control. The team and player have more affect in my opinion

The agent has a say for sure, he's just not the guy in control. The team and player have more affect in my opinion

I agree, Bandit. If Byrd wants to be a Bill, he will make it happen. If he wants more money (today's NFL), he can make that happen, too.

Any team allowing any player or agent to hold them hostage deserves what they get.

I'm trusting the Bills Brass to do the right thing.

The agent here is Eugene Parker. I would suggest he has a lot of influence and control on contract negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if Jairus is totally compliant with how Parker is playing this out on the basis Parker has represented plenty of elite players.