What coach does Marrone remind you of?

Still don't have a real feel for Marrone... I don't mean this as a criticism of him, but I think he is trying to be a young Parcells (not necessarily a bad thing)....but I am guessing, coming from an NCAA background, he is a bit more PC than Parcells was... I am leaning toward a the older Tom Coughlin that won a couple of rings, not the younger Tom Couglin that tried to be a Parcells clone.

Given that he hasn't done a thing yet, he reminds me of every other coach in the modern technological age that has yet to coach a down for their team... full of promise and over analyzed. I'm as hopeful as the next guy about Marrone, and I like the direction things are headed in the offseason, but c'mon. I think I'll start a thread about how the smell of his flatulence inspires confidence in the masses.

Given that he hasn't done a thing yet, he reminds me of every other coach in the modern technological age that has yet to coach a down for their team... full of promise and over analyzed. I'm as hopeful as the next guy about Marrone, and I like the direction things are headed in the offseason, but c'mon. I think I'll start a thread about how the smell of his flatulence inspires confidence in the masses.

Guaranteed 8 page thread, lock it up.

I've always found it funny when someone on this board doesn't like a topic (thinks it didn't need to be posted, or has a problem with it going multiple pages) how they reply to it and do exactly what they seem to be criticizing. If you don't like that the post was started, simply don't reply and it will take care if itself. But go ahead and keep bumping it up and agitating yourself :)

I've always found it funny when someone on this board doesn't like a topic (thinks it didn't need to be posted, or has a problem with it going multiple pages) how they reply to it and do exactly what they seem to be criticizing. If you don't like that the post was started, simply don't reply and it will take care if itself. But go ahead and keep bumping it up and agitating yourself :)

So DON'T voice your opinion if you don't agree, got it.

But you said guaranteed 8 page thread....like you don't think it should be but you keep posting replies. You help the very thing you criticize.

you completely missed my point. I was speaking to the notion that his thread would be interesting to us here. It had nothing to do with this thread.

He reminds me of a younger, more sociable, energetic Tom Coughlin. However, I suspect if I were more familiar with the old-school coaches of the 60's and 70's I'd have a couple better fits from that era.

That reminds me of when a softball buddy of mine described himself as "a shorter, right-handed, Asian version of Fred McGriff."