Bills have $19M in cap space

howard@hsimon6230 May

as per yahoo sports, #Bills gain $7.25 million in cap space thanks to post June 1 designation on Fitz release. will have $19 mill in space

Do you see us using any of that cap on someone, be it a free agent or extending a current player?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howard@hsimon6230 May

as per yahoo sports, #Bills gain $7.25 million in cap space thanks to post June 1 designation on Fitz release. will have $19 mill in space

Do you see us using any of that cap on someone, be it a free agent or extending a current player?

PTR

$19M is a pretty nice number. I'm thinking it's for Byrd and Wood.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

howard@hsimon6230 May

PTR

I think the team will work on extensions for (in this order): Byrd, Wood, Spiller, Carrington, and--if he proves himself healthy--Chandler

so of that 19MM we still have to take care of EJ & Byrd? the rest can be used on FA? of does that 19MM not take into account what we have already agreed to our other draft picks?

Byrd wants 9 million of that. Wood you could expect is going to be over 5 million. So 'the rest' isn't so much.

Which flavor of Mountain Dew?

Normal.

Byrd wants 9 million of that. Wood you could expect is going to be over 5 million. So 'the rest' isn't so much.

Byrd won't get anything from us. Except a trade to another team.

Wood probably won't either, and the rest (which is most of it) will go to CJ.

We can thank those two kids who taped Buddy's chat for this.

We have $19M in cap room for 2013. $10M is rollover, and we'll lose $4M when Fitz' cap penalty increases from 3M to 7M. Meaning we have $5M that will carry over to 2014, before we decide on whatever contracts are expiring.

If Fitz had agreed to a restructured contract in the neighborhood of both what he got in Tennessee and what Kolb got here, our 2013 space would be 22M instead of 19, and our 2014 space would be 12M instead of 5.

Byrd won't get anything from us. Except a trade to another team.

Wood probably won't either, and the rest (which is most of it) will go to CJ.

Wah!!!

I think I just figured it out. Rags, like wet rags, like as fun as a wet rag!

Normal.

First year hits often aren't that bad on big deals. High signing bonus low salary - lower hit

If we don't spend near the limit ill be very upset about the fitz cap hits not being this year.

Edited by NoSaint

I LOVE the fact that Buffalo has a young roster full of promise, that we're NOT in the salary cap HELL that some teams are in, or will be in in the near future. We've been pretty smart about things financially - which makes us a team that is set to be a real factor for the next 5 or more years. However, part of that is in retaining your own - and, as others have already noted, that money better be spent on guys like Byrd, Wood, Spiller, and Carrington.