Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what this could be because he was on stage at Darien Lake during a Tim McGraw concert 3 days ago throwing out autographed footballs (a friend of mine got one).

any number of things could be serious without being immediately debilitating him. who knows - could be something simple too.

Wouldn't it be pretty crazy if we were all waiting for Ralph to die so Jim could buy and takeover the team and Jim died first?

Ok, don't flame me too bad, it was only a joke.

Don't express those feelings! Mods give warning points and delete a line of your signature for that

Don't express those feelings! Mods give warning points and delete a line of your signature for that

yeah. I've got plenty of warnings in my Time here. That's why I finished with saying I'm just joking.

He did have major dental surgery a couple of months ago for a cyst in his mouth. He was scheduled to be the guest speaker at an FCA event here in my town in March shortly after the procedure and he wasn't sure if he would be here due to the discomfort recovering from the surgery. He did honor his commitment and didn't sound too bad, just talking a tad slower.

Based on what?

Seriously? Well, maybe you didn't live in WNY back in the 1990's, but him and a number of other Bills favorites back in the day could be found out boozing most Friday nights at some of the local haunts. They were pretty big drinkers.

Seriously? Well, maybe you didn't live in WNY back in the 1990's, but him and a number of other Bills favorites back in the day could be found out boozing most Friday nights at some of the local haunts. They were pretty big drinkers.

And that would lead you to believe that he has a drinking issue currently? The fact that he partied as a 20-something 20 years ago?

And that would lead you to believe that he has a drinking issue currently? The fact that he partied as a 20-something 20 years ago?

Jim Kelly has been a notorious drinker, well past his 20s. Also, the reason I said that was a. the aforementioned knowledge of seeing him as a fixture at Big Tree and b. Jill Kelly not at liberty to say what's going on? Why even mention it then? So everyone can speculate instead?

Jim Kelly has been a notorious drinker, well past his 20s. Also, the reason I said that was a. the aforementioned knowledge of seeing him as a fixture at Big Tree and b. Jill Kelly not at liberty to say what's going on? Why even mention it then? So everyone can speculate instead?

He's also been a well-publicized non-drinker for several years now. He was also a well-publicized football player with a number of injuries during his career, any of which could be affecting him right now. It's a bit presumptuous to conclude that it's a drinking issue when it could be so many other things.

As for Jill's mentioning it, I thought the reasoning was made pretty obvious in her statement: so that those that care enough to do so can offer prayers of support.

He's also been a well-publicized non-drinker for several years now. He was also a well-publicized football player with a number of injuries during his career, any of which could be affecting him right now. It's a bit presumptuous to conclude that it's a drinking issue when it could be so many other things.

As for Jill's mentioning it, I thought the reasoning was made pretty obvious in her statement: so that those that care enough to do so can offer prayers of support.

I'm not being snarky, but I really haven't heard any of this non-drinking for several years. Where did you see/hear this?

I'm not being snarky, but I really haven't heard any of this non-drinking for several years. Where did you see/hear this?

He gave it up when he became a Christian a few years back...he talks a bit about it in this interview:

http://www.prodigalmagazine.com/men-of-god-spotlight-jim-kelly/

"You can only have your so-called young years being a typical professional athlete that goes around and has fun, but there comes a time in your life when that has to change and you have to become the father you’ve wanted to be and be a husband to your wife. I’m where I want to be and I’m very happy with it."

this is an article from march...he had a cyst removed perhaps it was more than they thought at first

http://www.sj-r.com/...health-problems

I agree this sounds ominous. I hope this isn't malignant.

He gave it up when he became a Christian a few years back...he talks a bit about it in this interview:

http://www.prodigalm...ight-jim-kelly/

"You can only have your so-called young years being a typical professional athlete that goes around and has fun, but there comes a time in your life when that has to change and you have to become the father you’ve wanted to be and be a husband to your wife. I’m where I want to be and I’m very happy with it."

He doens't claim abstinence from alcohol in the article.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Yeaaaaaaah Jim definitely hasn't quit drinking (as of the last time we hung out last year). And he didn't just become Christian, he just really got into it more when Hunter was sick (and since then).