Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not an ass. Jim Kelly is a loud mouth jerk who should move on with his life.

What does move on with his life mean? Somebody suggested he should be like Bruce and disappear. Yeah, that's great for our community!

jim kelly is treated like jesus christ around these parts, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a heathen. i wish him the best of health, but to pretend that he is some sort of messiah just shows how psychotic some people are... his wife seems really really depressive... they've had a tough go of it with their child, but that's not unlike a lot of people in this world -- who are thrown to the wolves and told by all of you to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

the former bills players who hang around the team, cough, jim and thurman, cough, it's kind of sad. bruce smith had the right idea... come back sometimes, sure, but don't leech off the team with your hands out... jim shouldn't have spent so much on coke during his career, maybe then he wouldn't need to shill so much....

that said, i still wish him the best of health. he is among toughest of players to have played and i'm sure he'll pay the price for his toughness in this latter years with health problems

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

He's also been a well-publicized non-drinker for several years now. He was also a well-publicized football player with a number of injuries during his career, any of which could be affecting him right now. It's a bit presumptuous to conclude that it's a drinking issue when it could be so many other things.

As for Jill's mentioning it, I thought the reasoning was made pretty obvious in her statement: so that those that care enough to do so can offer prayers of support.

Okay, this is just wrong. I don't care if he drinks or not. I drink way more than most (even the most of the drinkers). But I have seen him and drank with him in Buffalo recently is a way that non drinkers would think were insane. Guy's a drinker. I don't judge on that. Actually, I like him better because of that. But think before you post that he hasn't been drinking for years.

jim kelly is treated like jesus christ around these parts, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a heathen. i wish him the best of health, but to pretend that he is some sort of messiah just shows how psychotic some people are... his wife seems really really depressive... they've had a tough go of it with their child, but that's not unlike a lot of people in this world -- who are thrown to the wolves and told by all of you to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. but for these fine christian folk, they depend on the charity brought from their legacy...

the former bills players who hang around the team, cough, jim and thurman, cough, it's kind of sad. bruce smith had the right idea... come back sometimes, sure, but don't leech off the team with your hands out... jim shouldn't have spent so much on coke during his career, maybe then he wouldn't need to shill so much....

You don't even know what you're talking about.

Meanwhile, Kelly is raising many thousands of dollars for charity this weekend while you spew nonsense.

So is the best QB we have had, HOF player, huge Buffalo Bills supporter, and my own boy hood idol sick or not? Best wishes if he is. All the detractors need to get a hobby, get a life, and find something better to do with their time.

I am very very saddened by some of these posts. Lots of anger out there - get well and stay in Buffalo JK. I dont think you are the second coming, I don't care what you do in your personal life as I have flaws like everybody else.

I often wonder if posters realize the people talked about read the threads. We all have the luxury of posting anonymously these hurtful things in a thread about his health.

I'm sure SDS has considered it, but I'd be all for the Facebook account posting here, meaning all posts go up with your name (as set in your Facebook account...no Facebook, no posting) attached. Could you still be an anonymous douche? I suppose. But maybe it would make people more human.

Probably stop the "hey Jim Kelly might have a health problem isn't that awful?" "Oh really, he's a drunk woman beating turd eating double murdering leech thief philanderer etc,"

Edited by John Adams

I often wonder if posters realize the people talked about read the threads. We all have the luxury of posting anonymously these hurtful things in a thread about his health.

I'm sure SDS has considered it, but I'd be all for the Facebook account posting here, meaning all posts go up with your name (as set in your Facebook account...no Facebook, no posting) attached. Could you still be an anonymous douche? I suppose. But maybe it would make people more human.

Probably stop the "hey Jim Kelly might have a health problem isn't that awful?" "Oh really, he's a drunk woman beating turd eating double murdering leech thief philanderer etc,"

You do know that it's possible to create a fake FB persona, so your idea would solve nothing.

Okay, this is just wrong. I don't care if he drinks or not. I drink way more than most (even the most of the drinkers). But I have seen him and drank with him in Buffalo recently is a way that non drinkers would think were insane. Guy's a drinker. I don't judge on that. Actually, I like him better because of that. But think before you post that he hasn't been drinking for years.

Excuse me, but my understanding was that he ha quit, so keep the "think before you post" nonsense to yourself. I didn't make any outlandish claims or argue that he was something he's not. I simply stated what I thought was a fact and asked another poster to justify his statement that he thought his was a matter of alcoholism.

If you have an issue with that, that's your problem; a simple "FYI he still drinks" will suffice...but there's no need to be a jerk about it.

Edited by thebandit27

You do know that it's possible to create a fake FB persona, so your idea would solve nothing.

I acknowledged that in my post, and most people would not want to constantly login and out of their fake and real accounts. It would raise the dialog level.

I acknowledged that in my post, and most people would not want to constantly login and out of their fake and real accounts. It would raise the dialog level.

They way browsers remember passwords, it's no big deal to login to any forum these days. Not a viable solution to verify identities.

They way browsers remember passwords, it's no big deal to login to any forum these days. Not a viable solution to verify identities.

Like I said, there are always ways around it. Most wouldn't bother. When crayonz/performer comes around with a fake ID, you block him. Not that hard. Instead of policing behavior, you police posters. Seems a much easier solution to raise the humanity.

Keep Jim in Anchorage from calling people faggots (maybe). Keep posters in this thread from saying defamatory things.

Edited by John Adams