Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

Kelly glad to avoid chemotherapy http://wp.me/plmrg-8aT

@WGRZ

Jim Kelly says he lost most of his jaw on left side & most of his front and back teeth during cancer surgery #bills #prayersforjk

From what I can tell, that's pretty standard for this type of cancer. My buddy is a dentist and my wife a medical speech therapist and both were explaining it to me. They can do pretty amazing things with prosthetics and rehab therapy these days. The key is to make sure they got all the cancer.

F&$* cancer, man. Kick it's ass Jimbo!

From what I can tell, that's pretty standard for this type of cancer. My buddy is a dentist and my wife a medical speech therapist and both were explaining it to me. They can do pretty amazing things with prosthetics and rehab therapy these days. The key is to make sure they got all the cancer.

F&$* cancer, man. Kick it's ass Jimbo!

Wow, that sounds very rough. Kick it Jim!

Just watching the interview with Jim, from his football camp yesterday, you can see the toll the surgery took on him...he looks drastically different than he did just a few weeks ago when he announced his condition. Tough guy, you could see he was in a lot of pain but he was trying to be as chipper as possible. Always pullling for Jim Kelly.

Just watching the interview with Jim, from his football camp yesterday, you can see the toll the surgery took on him...he looks drastically different than he did just a few weeks ago when he announced his condition. Tough guy, you could see he was in a lot of pain but he was trying to be as chipper as possible. Always pullling for Jim Kelly.

Just the fact that he's out there at all putting his face in public says a lot about the good care he has received and the amazing advances in treating this type of cancer that can so drastically alter your appearance, ability to speak, etc. I haven't seen pics, but my guess is he's lost a lot of weight.

Just the fact that he's out there at all putting his face in public says a lot about the good care he has received and the amazing advances in treating this type of cancer that can so drastically alter your appearance, ability to speak, etc.

It also says a lot about Jimbo's mental and physical toughness.

But then again, we already knew he was tough.

It also says a lot about Jimbo's mental and physical toughness.

But then again, we already knew he was tough.

No doubt. Rehabbing from anything like that requires immense physical and mental toughness and a positive mental attitude. He's the man for the job. So glad to see him doing well.

Passing along the opinion of a professional medical speech therapist I may or may not be married to... We watched the entire press conference Jim did for the Bills website. Bottom line, she is really, really impressed with how well he is doing. You can see a good bit of neuropraxis (basically temporary paralysis) on the upper left side of his mouth from all the nerves being moved around during surgery and it manifests itself in a good bit of slurred speech. But basically, he is kicking all kinds of ass if he could get up in front of cameras and talk almost nonstop for 10+ minutes just a few weeks removed from that major surgery. She has worked with some pretty big tough patients (some former pro athletes) and she's pretty sure he had to go take a nap after such a Herculean effort.

Bottom line: F-#* Cancer. Jim Kelly kicks ass.

Passing along the opinion of a professional medical speech therapist I may or may not be married to...

Drunken night in Vegas that you're not sure, but think you said "I do", chugged a beer, and then signed something in a chapel?

Passing along the opinion of a professional medical speech therapist I may or may not be married to... We watched the entire press conference Jim did for the Bills website. Bottom line, she is really, really impressed with how well he is doing. You can see a good bit of neuropraxis (basically temporary paralysis) on the upper left side of his mouth from all the nerves being moved around during surgery and it manifests itself in a good bit of slurred speech. But basically, he is kicking all kinds of ass if he could get up in front of cameras and talk almost nonstop for 10+ minutes just a few weeks removed from that major surgery. She has worked with some pretty big tough patients (some former pro athletes) and she's pretty sure he had to go take a nap after such a Herculean effort.

Bottom line: F-#* Cancer. Jim Kelly kicks ass.

I only saw a little bit, but I thought he looked really good for having just gone through that a few weeks ago............When this news came out, I was thinking he might end up like Roger Ebert.

Just the fact that he's out there at all putting his face in public says a lot about the good care he has received and the amazing advances in treating this type of cancer that can so drastically alter your appearance, ability to speak, etc. I haven't seen pics, but my guess is he's lost a lot of weight.

Yeah, he said he had lost 14 pounds since the surgery.

At one point, he kind of gestured to his face and said that all the pain was "here" and it was constant, and there were just a few moments where you can see the pain in his eyes. He said that they had removed a significant portion of his upper jaw, and most of his teeth...sounds painful For me, I one time had a tooth-ache (chipped back tooth with exposed nerve) and I swear, it was the most painful thing I have ever been through....just constant pain, no sleep...I can't even imagine the kind of hell he is experiencing. Just watched my gf's mother battle lung cancer most of last year, before finally succumbing during the holidays...just tough to watch. Glad Jim appears to be doing well...good care indeed!

Edited by Buftex