Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

Google "partial maxillectomy" but be careful. Very nasty pics. Poor Jim. Best of luck in your recovery

But, if you google pics of any medical condition, they look really nasty. I googled pics of some things that I've had and been like Whoa - how'd I live through that! And, I'm not 1/10th as tough as Jimbo.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Propofol is an amazingly powerful drug (ask Michael Jackson). Don't worry, he didn't feel a thing.

But he will now. I'm SO glad he's through the surgery, and through it successfully. THIS is the time you'll want to offer your prayers (if that's what you do). Our Jimbo is going to be f-ing miserable for a number of days. And I don't mean a minor headache.

Go Jim Go. We're with you. If you're reading this, every day is going to get just a little better. Can't wait to see you walking on the field on Opening Day!

I looked at those pictures....ugggg....will attempt (once again) to quit dipping beginning June 12th....wish me luck.

not a lot of evidence on safety but I'd suggest nicotine lozenges short term to quit. Nicotine but not the other stuff. Stop after 3 months,

weaning all the time. Good luck.

Did Jim chew? Copenhagen, skoal,redman? Did a search here and it didn't come up. Anyone know?

I read something about chronic irritation at the gum site. Wonder if a mouth guard could have caused that.

Dr. Thom Loree performed a brilliant partial laryngectomy on my brother, somehow managed to save his vocal chords, and gave him another 4 years of relatively normal life before he finally succombed to emphysema and another cancer.

Jim Kelly is in the best medical hands you can possibly imagine,and I would expect that he'll have a fine recovery.

My Goodness it's like learning how to live again, Kick it's rear Jim. You have always been a man amongst boys.

"After the operation you will not be allowed to eat or drink while everything is healing. During this time (5-10 days) you will be fed through a tube."

:(

@HJKforever

Day 2:Recovering.More pain.Not as many jokes today.But thankful for the #ECMC staff, visits from friends and his high school football coach.

@HJKforever

Oh and CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES. On a liquid diet and that's all he wants! Thank you ALL for your continued prayer support. Grateful for you.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@HJKforever

Day 2:Recovering.More pain.Not as many jokes today.But thankful for the #ECMC staff, visits from friends and his high school football coach.

@HJKforever

Oh and CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES. On a liquid diet and that's all he wants! Thank you ALL for your continued prayer support. Grateful for you.

This seems positive.

Did Jim chew? Copenhagen, skoal,redman? Did a search here and it didn't come up. Anyone know?

I read something about chronic irritation at the gum site. Wonder if a mouth guard could have caused that.

Not saying it is the cause because pretty much anything can cause cancer but alcohol use can be related to oral cancers.

Any which way, I don't care how he got it just glad to hear they caught it and he is on his way back from it.

Edited by The Wiz

My dad died from lung cancer the day after the 1990 Denver game where we scored 3 TDs in 72 seconds. Was telling him about it about 10 minutes before he died.