David Garrard quits Jets

Has ongoing knee swelling. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Jests. I actually thought he was going to be their best option at QB.

Talk about doomed.

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9279437/david-garrard-informs-new-york-jets-calling-it?

Garrard informs Jets that he's leaving team

Really?

Garrard has been done for 3 years...

The Jets showed how poorly run they are by thinking he was going to be an option for them. His body can not handle the game anymore...Sad because he seems like a descent guy. Like the saying goes 'we all are told we can not play the game anymore...'

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Has ongoing knee swelling.

You simply cannot be a Jet with a swollen knee, you need a swollen head. Or, you need to have a head injury, or just be a head case (ie. Geno Smith).

LOL @ JETS!!!

that has got to be super frustrating for garrard. he played really very well at points. too bad his body just won't hold up. you got to feel bad for the guy

This.

You simply cannot be a Jet with a swollen knee, you need a swollen head. Or, you need to have a head injury, or just be a head case (ie. Geno Smith).

LOL @ JETS!!!

I'll be happy to yuck it up after we whump them 2x this season. We laughed a little too quickly at the clown car start of last season

The swollen knee/swollen head quip is funny

I'll be happy to yuck it up after we whump them 2x this season. We laughed a little too quickly at the clown car start of last season

Did we? They had a trainwreck of a season.

Whether or not the Bills are better than them, I will still laugh at their screwups. I don't get where this idea came from, that you can't mock other teams unless the Bills are doing well.

Did we? They had a trainwreck of a season.

Whether or not the Bills are better than them, I will still laugh at their screwups. I don't get where this idea came from, that you can't mock other teams unless the Bills are doing well.

I'm happy to mock other teams whether or not the Bills are doing well, if they deserve it.

I won't mock a team that made us eat d*ck and look bad even if they did poorly against other teams. It's classless IMO.

We're a better team when we prove we're a better team on the field. Rex p*wned Gailey.

We thought we'd be good last year, laughed at the clown car Jets and got wrecked by them. Doesn't matter that they wrecked themselves down the line.

They beat us badly, laugh AFTER we beat them.

Has ongoing knee swelling. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Jests. I actually thought he was going to be their best option at QB.

Talk about doomed.

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9279437/david-garrard-informs-new-york-jets-calling-it?

Garrard informs Jets that he's leaving team

So David Garrard who hasnt played a game since 2010 being forced to retire means the Jets are doomed? He was a longshot to even make the team

So David Garrard who hasnt played a game since 2010 being forced to retire means the Jets are doomed? He was a longshot to even make the team

Just a little comic hyperbole, my friend.

But with the likely volatility of either a Sanchez or Gino led team, Garrard, tho coming off injury, had the best chance to offer a modicum of stability.

Not anymore.

I'm happy to mock other teams whether or not the Bills are doing well, if they deserve it.

I won't mock a team that made us eat d*ck and look bad even if they did poorly against other teams. It's classless IMO.

We're a better team when we prove we're a better team on the field. Rex p*wned Gailey.

We thought we'd be good last year, laughed at the clown car Jets and got wrecked by them. Doesn't matter that they wrecked themselves down the line.

They beat us badly, laugh AFTER we beat them.

I disagree completely, but even by your standard, we're fine, because the Bills clobbered them last time they played.

could be faking it to get the heck out of there LOL

Sure . went home after work and hit his knee with a hammer each night.

Like the badger chewing it's leg off to get out of the trap . Bout right for the jets lately.

Garrard decent guy.

But when it's time to go, exit gracefully

I disagree completely, but even by your standard, we're fine, because the Bills clobbered them last time they played.

Disagree with me is fine, but don't tell me we're fine by "my standard" - what part of "2x" was unclear?

I repeat, Rex p*wned Gailey. Laugh after we prove same ain't true of Marrone.

Geno could end up being the day 1 starter now. That would be interesting. At the very least I bet it's Geno vs EJ when the Jets come to town in Nov

I think jets offer up Sanchez as the sacrifial lamb for first few games. When he stinks it up they'll act like they're giving fans what they went and put Geno in.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think jets offer us Sanchez as the sacrifial lamb for first few games. When he stinks it up they'll act like they're giving fans what they went and put Geno in.

Yes, because lame duck Rex wants to put his future in further jeopardy by losing games purposefully and "appease" the fans. Great take.

I also think this means Geno starts sooner than later, maybe day 1.

They probably made a mistake rushing Sanchez but Geno has played more than 16 games or whatever it was in college.

On the other hand Geno seems emotionally fragile and he is playing in a shark infested snake pit, if such a thing exists. Should be fun to watch. I see the Jets winning no more than 5 games this year and drafting another q b in 2014.

Vinnie is available.

Assuming he stayed in shape, I always wonder how bad a 50-year old QB would be, one who was very good at 30. Bad, obviously. Would he be worse than all 32 starters? All 32 backups? However many third stringers? 4th-string camp bodies? afl2 starters?

that has got to be super frustrating for garrard. he played really very well at points. too bad his body just won't hold up. you got to feel bad for the guy

Garrard is very good. His body just failed. This why I never begrudge the big NFL contracts. Never know when it will all just instantly end.

Disagree with me is fine, but don't tell me we're fine by "my standard" - what part of "2x" was unclear?

I repeat, Rex p*wned Gailey. Laugh after we prove same ain't true of Marrone.

I think I'll laugh now, thanks.