Official OTA/Minicamp Thread (May/June)

eball

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tashard Choice...can you imagine? :lol:

Goodwin gets my early vote, not only can he outrun the roadrunner but he seems adept at setting up and using the blockers in front of him. Could be Brad Smith too. I'd keep McKelvin away from the return game assuming he's a starter.

At this point maybe you try the unknown quantities , such as Choice and Goodwin etc.

We can always fall back on Smith and Leo because they have already been succcessful at the position, Yes , i said Brad Smith !

After watching the highlights from the voluntary workouts and OTAs, I'm now convinced Kolb will maintain his high rate of sacks. He just holds on to the ball forever. Just my first impression. Other than that I think he's throwing well, but still, it's an issue if he doesn't hurry it up.

Sorry, but theres too much new, impressive, talent on offense. Let's focus on them instead of living in the past.

T. Choice should go immediately. Brad Smith (even though he's a great guy) should be cut. TJ Graham is too slight, can't catch, and looks completely lost half the time. If he's not willing to do KR/PR, he should be off-loaded.

This has been a great off-season. Firing Chan & Wanny, Dumping Fitz, Putting Kelsay out to pasture, Moving other dead weight in the form of Wilson, Barnett, and McGee. -We've made some really big strides. I see no reason to slow down.

Sorry, but theres too much new, impressive, talent on offense. Let's focus on them instead of living in the past.

T. Choice should go immediately. Brad Smith (even though he's a great guy) should be cut. TJ Graham is too slight, can't catch, and looks completely lost half the time. If he's not willing to do KR/PR, he should be off-loaded.

This has been a great off-season. Firing Chan & Wanny, Dumping Fitz, Putting Kelsay out to pasture, Moving other dead weight in the form of Wilson, Barnett, and McGee. -We've made some really big strides. I see no reason to slow down.

This is a joke post, right?

Meanwhile, can someone translate what Alonso said about the contract?

"A little bit. You know, I was definitely focusing more on football, but it's good to get it done."

I assume that was an answer to a question like, "Was getting your contract signed weighing on your mind?"

Again, unless the above-mentioned players are due a large bonus before training camp, it makes no sense to cut them before they have a chance to show what they can or can't do in this offense and with these coaches. And at present, they're about $7.5M under the cap (accounting for rookie deals).

"A little bit. You know, I was definitely focusing more on football, but it's good to get it done."

I assume that was an answer to a question like, "Was getting your contract signed weighing on your mind?"

Also an answer to a question like, "Did you poop your pants at practice today?"

LOL Wow I had no idea it was that bad.

Had never really heard him talk until that sound bite and I couldnt stop laughing!

I dont care though. He can talk like a caveman for all I care as long as he goes out on the field and lays hits on the opposing team and makes plays.

Go Bills!!

CBF

It could have been the answer to "Say three things that have nothing to do with each other."

Tashard Choice...can you imagine? :lol:

Goodwin gets my early vote, not only can he outrun the roadrunner but he seems adept at setting up and using the blockers in front of him. Could be Brad Smith too. I'd keep McKelvin away from the return game assuming he's a starter.

In Choice's defense, he may be slow, but he makes up for that by having no moves and no experience at returning kicks.

I would like to see McLovin remain as the punt returner, but not be on the kickoff return team. I don't think he's good enough to justify his price tag as only a corner. Plus, he's not just a good KR/PR, he's a difference maker. I'm willing to live with the added fatigue/injury risk in order to get the benefit of his punt returning. With the ability to fair catch, the risk is minimized somewhat, whereas KO returners basically have to take a monster hit every time. If Tim Brown, Rod Woodson, and Deion Sanders could return punts their whole careers, so can Leodis.