Official OTA/Minicamp Thread (May/June)

eball

Figured I'd serve up a thread to continue discussions now that the veterans are in town. It should be interesting to see Kolb and TJax get into the mix at QB, and I'm wondering if TJ Graham will show us Goodwin isn't the only burner at wideout.

Also interested to see Stevie's reaction to receiving passes from the new guys.

Edited by eball

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna see Woods Vs. Gilmore. Then we will know what's what with Woods. And, while we are watching that, we can see what Steve can do, when the best CB is covering elsewhere. I also want to see what Steve can do in the slot. I also want to see what happens with Steve when Goodwin and Graham are on the field at the same time.

I'd like to see how the defense reacts to that too. Love to see those guys obliterate the top, not just take the top off, the defense, and see what we can do with that. Imagine a Tampa 2 defense that has to deal with that. The entire back 4 is gone, and if you can run the ball out of that, and get to the 2nd level...then it's a TD, or at least a 60 yard running play, if it's Spiller.

I want to see EJ win the starting job in the next three days!

If that happens, I will seriously question the coaching staff's decision making. It's a long off season and annointing a rookie as the starter before any real contact would rub alot of vets the wrong way. Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

I hope EJ starts the season, but he better prove himself first.

What a frenetic pace. Love it!

@buffalobills

#Bills snapped the ball every 12-14 seconds in their first OTA session today. Practice Notes - Day 1: http://ow.ly/kZq0c

QB rotation

Bills head coach Doug Marrone said from the outset that the quarterback rotation would likely change daily until one signal caller began to take hold of the job. On Monday Tarvaris Jacksonicon-article-link.gif was the first quarterback through the rotation during the team period.

He was followed by Kevin Kolbicon-article-link.gif and then EJ Manuelicon-article-link.gif was third in terms of the snaps on offense.

All three had some quality throws during the practice session. Kolb had a pair of deep touchdown passes covering 70 and 65 yards on bombs to Marcus Easleyicon-article-link.gif and the rookie Rogers.

Rogers, who also had an 80-yard touchdown play on a throw from Manuel simply beat his coverage on both occasions.

“They’re calling the plays, I had a deep post on a couple of plays and I just got behind the coverage,” said Rogers. “I used my speed and size.”

Kolb also had a well-timed play along the far sideline to Brad Smithicon-article-link.gif, who made a difficult grab before stepping out of bounds. He hit T.J. Grahamicon-article-link.gif for a big gainer in the deep middle too.

Manuel, in addition to the bomb to Rogers, also threw a dart over the middle to T.J. Graham for a 20-yard pass play.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz