Explosions at the boston marathon

CBS saying the "suspect" in the hospital may just be another innocent bystander. Someone saw them running away from the scene, like everyone else was, and decided since he was middle eastern looking to tackle him and turn him over to the cops.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

This is her 4th Boston marathon and the first I didn't go to with her. God, I wish I was there with her, but she's safe with good friends in a hotel on the outskirts of Boston.

Yes, she ran a 3:28:58. I married a fast woman.

So glad her training paid off, and to hear she's unharmed.

CBS saying the "suspect" in the hospital may just be another innocent bystander. Someone saw them running away from the scene, like everyone else was, and decided since he was middle eastern looking to tackle him and turn him over to the cops.

If true, what does that say about us as a society?

My wife was there. Luckily she finished 30 minutes before the explosions, but heard them. I will personally remove the shriveled nutsack with a butter knife of the coward / cowards that did this.

My wife is Wendy, and she's mentioned in this article on the blast:

http://www.democrata...aking|text|Home

I am so happy Todd your wife is ok and safe! I hope she doesn't suffer any PTSD. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and all the victoms of this disgusting act.

If true, what does that say about us as a society?

That a guy racially profiled and the police in a state of confusion kept an eye on the situation until they knew better? Sounds like it says we are a society made up of humans that are less than ideal in stressful situations. What about the likely dozens of blacks, or whites that were held or questioned today?

Thanks.

This is her 4th Boston marathon and the first I didn't go to with her. God, I wish I was there with her, but she's safe with good friends in a hotel on the outskirts of Boston.

Yes, she ran a 3:28:58. I married a fast woman.

Very, very happy for you that she is OK.

Might be, might not. Until someone either claims credit, or evidence is found to link it to a specific group, we may not know.

I'm not trying to make a joke out of this one bit, but five days away from something is a link? If you missed or planned your wife's or boss's birthday or anniversary five days away they would think you were out of your mind. If you planned something to make a statement and decided to do it five days away, no one would make that connection.

Sure, you can link the WACO and OK City thing and Columbine as possible intentional statements. But if they were five days away from each other no one would make that connection, other than to say that April is a crappy month.

I'm not trying to make a joke out of this one bit, but five days away from something is a link? If you missed or planned your wife's or boss's birthday or anniversary five days away they would think you were out of your mind. If you planned something to make a statement and decided to do it five days away, no one would make that connection.

Sure, you can link the WACO and OK City thing and Columbine as possible intentional statements. But if they were five days away from each other no one would make that connection, other than to say that April is a crappy month.

I don't know why people would try to link it to any of those days. This is the Boston Marathon. It's a pretty well known event with large crowds. It's an attractive target for any scumbag who wants to do something like this.

What a sad situation. RIP to those deceased and speedy recovery to those who were injured. Events likethis unfortunately remind us once again that this world is really fu$%ed up. I dread watching the news in the morning because every morning host will have a "theory", they will all psychoanalyze who could have done this, and they will all have a catchy slogan like "News Alert: Boston Massacre" or "Boston Bombing Day 2"....I say, let law enforcement complete investigating the event and report facts. This kind of tragedy brings the country together....until a finger is pointed.