Explosions at the boston marathon

could be - i saw reports of the winner just a few minutes before. i have no idea what time it started. ive also heard conflicting reports on the gap in between the two blasts now.

rumors of a 3rd device being found are now floating all over the place too. this time im actually going to check out of twitter and the like as early coverage of this stuff gets all kinds of terrible information and i dont want to spread anything faulty. id rather wait and get the real story.

Actually, the video at the bottom of this link is pretty wild; shows the blast coming from the side right in front of the finish line. Runners literally steps from the finish getting knocked over by the blast.

http://deadspin.com/explosions-reported-at-the-boston-marathon-473008941?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

p.s. clock shows 4:09 so tons of people still on the course.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read cops are detonating a third device. Doesn't make sense to do so this quick, but there you go.

Boston.com News@BostonDotCom 4m

Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities.

I just read cops are detonating a third device. Doesn't make sense to do so this quick, but there you go.

Boston.com News@BostonDotCom 4m

Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities.

That one already was detonated apparently. They're also saying this happened right around the time the Red Sox game ended, so somebody was probably hoping to get a few of those fans as they were moving to watch the marathon.

That one already was detonated apparently. They're also saying this happened right around the time the Red Sox game ended, so somebody was probably hoping to get a few of those fans as they were moving to watch the marathon.

hopefully we have hit the end of the immediate threat in this story.....

i wonder if this will end up being some tax day domestic loon or an international loon.

I just got back from the marathon - we go every year to support our Children's Hospital partner runner - it was an absolutely perfect day for the race - we were at the halfway point and not the finish line so we are OK and trying to confirm our runner and his family are OK - terrible.....

I just got back from the marathon - we go every year to support our Children's Hospital partner runner - it was an absolutely perfect day for the race - we were at the halfway point and not the finish line so we are OK and trying to confirm our runner and his family are OK - terrible.....

theres a red cross site for confirmations, and the marathon site is accurately reporting times still i believe.

otherwise, stick to texts instead of calls would be my best advice for getting info. good luck, hope all is well.

hopefully we have hit the end of the immediate threat in this story.....

i wonder if this will end up being some tax day domestic loon or an international loon.

My money is on "24 year-old loner loon who fortunately didn't own any guns."

Can we please keep this thread to the facts and save any political crap for another area? (not saying any posts previous to mine were political - they aren't)

Another sad day in American history. :-(

I'm surprised that we've has some little of this since 9/11. I was certain it was going to become a normal occurance here in the states. They've just done that good a job of stopping it.

12 dead, nearly 50 injured after 2 explosions rock Boston Marathon, suspect identified and being guarded in hospital

http://www.nypost.co...cwASg0RQfVsH1yI

Fox and CNN still saying 2 dead not 12.

I'm surprised that we've has some little of this since 9/11. I was certain it was going to become a normal occurance here in the states. They've just done that good a job of stopping it.

Same here; there are soft targets everywhere for this type of attack. Of course, it's a little harder to pull off if you don't want to blow yourself up in the process.

Same here; there are soft targets everywhere for this type of attack. Of course, it's a little harder to pull off if you don't want to blow yourself up in the process.

My wife works in the Transamerica Pyramid in SF. They had a hazmat scare on Thursday last week. The anthrax that was reported ended up being someone's lunch. :huh: