Explosions at the boston marathon

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do --- none of them. There will be an avalanche of money thrown at a handful of people. Meanwhile, hundreds of worthwhile local charities that impact people's lives but don't have the power to generate profits for the media will continue to be underfunded. Donate to one of them instead.

Actually this is a good thought. I remember giving to different things after 9/11. But, I want the money to go to people who need help, not to family members to feel better about their loss.........Somebody I know got over $1M because her brother died in 9/11 (he wasn't married and had no kids)..........I feel terrible that she lost her brother but giving her a $1M didn't bring him back.

Jeff Bauman is not a hero. He's a victim.

Which is not a criticism of him, but a criticism of a culture that can't tell the difference between "victim" and "hero".

I'm talking about the fact that as soon as he woke up, he asked for a pen and paper, so he could draw a picture of the guy who put the bag at his feet..........That let the investigators really narrow their search when combing through the thousands or millions of images..........They might not have these guys if not for him. That's a victim AND a hero.

Actually this is a good thought. I remember giving to different things after 9/11. But, I want the money to go to people who need help, not to family members to feel better about their loss.........Somebody I know got over $1M because her brother died in 9/11 (he wasn't married and had no kids)..........I feel terrible that she lost her brother but giving her a $1M didn't bring him back.

I'm talking about the fact that as soon as he woke up, he asked for a pen and paper, so he could draw a picture of the guy who put the bag at his feet..........That let the investigators really narrow their search when combing through the thousands or millions of images..........They might not have these guys if not for him. That's a victim AND a hero.

I still don't consider that "heroic"...but it certainly mitigates my earlier cynicism quite a bit.

I still don't consider that "heroic"...but it certainly mitigates my earlier cynicism quite a bit.

While the analysts combed through videos frame by frame, a more traditional tip was developing two miles away at Boston Medical Center. Jeffrey Bauman, groggy from anesthesia, his legs just surgically removed at the knee, managed to eke out a request for pen and paper. In the intensive-care unit, Bauman, who had been near the finish line to see his girlfriend complete Monday’s race, wrote words that would help lead to quick resolution of the bombings that killed three and injured 176 others: “Bag. Saw the guy, looked right at me.”

FBI agents quickly came to Bauman’s bedside. A man in sunglasses and black baseball cap had walked right up to him, placed a black backpack on the ground and stepped away, Bauman remembered.

His tip became a critical lead, according to law enforcement officials.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130422/WORLD/130429792/1002

Edited by bbb

Not sure if anyone else has posted this as I didnt read all 30 pages of this thread but if you want to read the FBI's affidavid and investigation/charges report click on the link below and it can be found at the bottom of the article

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/23/boston-marathon-bombing-suspects-islamist-motives.html

And some of the charges are valid - they apparently disposed of evidence. Dumbasses.

But some I've heard (got it from the radio, not the internet) are absolutely ridiculous. Apparently, after the FBI released the images of the bombers, one of the arrested texted Dzhokar with "Hey, you look just like the bomber!" Dzhokar replied "LOL Don't text me again." And they're calling that obstruction. Another one, one of the brothers told him "I know how to make a bomb." Aiding and abetting...

Well, guess what. I know how to make a bomb, too. Not only that, I can make a bioweapons lab. So now, if there's ever an explosion or bioweapons attack in DC, you're all guilty of aiding and abetting.

Well, guess what. I know how to make a bomb, too. Not only that, I can make a bioweapons lab. So now, if there's ever an explosion or bioweapons attack in DC, you're all guilty of aiding and abetting.

[sticks fingers in ears]

La la la, I can't hear you, la la la ....

You miss the point that many here would love to turn your ass in...

Not cover for you...