Explosions at the boston marathon

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So when does the speculation turn to what you know it's going to turn to? I can't pull up any audio here at work right now, so I'm very curious to see what the story is on this one.

live tweets from WCVB (Boston)... some pics, and info as its coming out.... fair warning, nothing toooo graphic (yet) but some victim pics starting to show in that stream.

http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

local reporter saying the blasts were felt blocks away, and an entire storefront was blown out.

Edited by NoSaint

live tweets from WCVB (Boston)... some pics, and info as its coming out.... fair warning, nothing toooo graphic (yet) but some victim pics starting to show in that stream.

http://livewire.wcvb...Boston_Marathon

local reporter saying the blasts were felt blocks away, and an entire storefront was blown out.

I can't get any of the local Boston sites to load right now. Probably some server overload issues or something.

some more graphic photos coming out - i might retire from coverage for a bit honestly. sounds like 2 explosions, 3 minutes apart... and decently sized. starting to see some pretty damaged people in the photos being tweeted though, and i dont particularly need that.

i've heard early unconfirmed reports it could be gas lines...

it would be some crazy timing, within minutes of the first finishers reaching the location. its possible (especially if something to do with heavy crowds or such effected the lines) but the timing at the very least leaves the question in the back of your head until confirmation comes.

it would be some crazy timing, within minutes of the first finishers reaching the location. its possible (especially if something to do with heavy crowds or such effected the lines) but the timing at the very least leaves the question in the back of your head until confirmation comes.

I hate even mentioning it in my first post, but it's the logical thought at this point.

and fair warning - you know deadspin is no holds barred on their coverage.... proceed at your own risk. likely will get the earliest info, but it may have some graphic stuff. video starting to be shared.

http://deadspin.com/explosions-reported-at-the-boston-marathon-473008941?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Wouldn't the first finishers have been done hours ago?

Edited by KD in CT

Wouldn't the first finishers have been done hours ago?

could be - i saw reports of the winner just a few minutes before. i have no idea what time it started. ive also heard conflicting reports on the gap in between the two blasts now.

rumors of a 3rd device being found are now floating all over the place too. this time im actually going to check out of twitter and the like as early coverage of this stuff gets all kinds of terrible information and i dont want to spread anything faulty. id rather wait and get the real story.

Edited by NoSaint