Explosions at the boston marathon

I'm surprised that we've has some little of this since 9/11. I was certain it was going to become a normal occurance here in the states. They've just done that good a job of stopping it.

Fox and CNN still saying 2 dead not 12.

was just about to say, WGR whose reporting from CNN is saying 2 and 12 as well.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speechless...I can't believe a person would do this to another human being......

Some will argue that a photo like this is irresponsible sensationalism. But for the reaction it provoked from both you and me, everyone should see it, everyone should have to deal with that man's tragedy. We're too far removed from war and violence 99% of the time. Photos like this remind us what's at stake.

Some will argue that a photo like this is irresponsible sensationalism. But for the reaction it provoked from both you and me, everyone should see it, everyone should have to deal with that man's tragedy. We're too far removed from war and violence 99% of the time. Photos like this remind us what's at stake.

The next photo of this event I want to see is the perp in front of a firing squad. But yes, I agree with you 100%.

BRACE YOURSELVES:

(SERIOUSLY DON'T CLICK THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME SERIOUS ****)

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/bos041513/s_b08_53227478.jpg

You can see that guy on a clip that abc was playing over and over again. I was surprised they kept playing it, imagine being his mother and watching that on tv without knowing about your son.

NY post jumped the gun since no one else is reporting it.

New York Post is reporting a whole bunch of stuff no one else is. The sources I've been looking at (watching CNN, reading NY Times and Boston Globe) say 2 dead and 100+ wounded and no mention of a suspect. I've never found the Post to be super reliable, and these days way too much gets published premature.

Something odd is going on at the Tufts medical center right now. Apparently the NBC affiliate has a reporter there who saw police surround a man with guns drawn and are now talking to him.

You can see that guy on a clip that abc was playing over and over again. I was surprised they kept playing it, imagine being his mother and watching that on tv without knowing about your son.

Well, her finding out now or her finding out later--doesn't change what happened. I know that sounds callous, but I stand by what I said before. His mother, one way or another, is in for some serious grief, but for once, it's not the media's fault.

Those who seek to kill the innocent and disrupt society and our way of life, once found guilty in a court of law, are to be dealt with in the harshest way possible. END. OF. STORY.

agree....NY post saying 20 year old saudi national being "guarded" at hospital why guard him? let the public rip him to shreds i say....

Sad day indeed ...

Just unreal that an event that is meant to bring a spirit of competition and joy across borders, races and religious beliefs is now bloodied. Prayers go out to the families of all who have been injured or killed.

Wow that is jarring.