Explosions at the boston marathon

Well, her finding out now or her finding out later--doesn't change what happened. I know that sounds callous, but I stand by what I said before. His mother, one way or another, is in for some serious grief, but for once, it's not the media's fault.

Yes she's in for serious grief and it's certainly not the media's fault, but as a parent if I ever saw my son on TV like that it would put me into a complete meltdown. Sometimes ignorance is good until you can be by their side. I'm not disagreeing with your point that we shouldn't see these images, just thinking about that mother.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some will argue that a photo like this is irresponsible sensationalism. But for the reaction it provoked from both you and me, everyone should see it, everyone should have to deal with that man's tragedy. We're too far removed from war and violence 99% of the time. Photos like this remind us what's at stake.

yiur absolutely right Cat. The fact is the American population has become sissified. I won't get anything more into that, just stating you have a very valid point. I don't want to completely het off our topic of yhe thread and tirn this thing political or society based so ill add my thoughts and prayers to the people in Boston and their families that have to go through this and leave it there.

Something odd is going on at the Tufts medical center right now. Apparently the NBC affiliate has a reporter there who saw police surround a man with guns drawn and are now talking to him.

probably a lot of incidents like this around the city right now chalked up to being better to be safe than sorry

Yes she's in for serious grief and it's certainly not the media's fault, but as a parent if I ever saw my son on TV like that it would put me into a complete meltdown. Sometimes ignorance is good until you can be by their side. I'm not disagreeing with your point that we shouldn't see these images, just thinking about that mother.

And I'm certainly not trying to minimize the grief any parent should/would feel. Absolutely that would be horrible, and it would be a horrible way to find out. But methinks a shiver went down the spine of every runners' parent the moment they heard anything had happened. God this is so ****ty.

Daughter works not far from where it happened. Thank god she had the day off.

My friend was actually on the T headed to Copley to pick something up for her wedding. Luckily she was nowhere near it when it happened.

Patton Oswalt

Boston. !@#$ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Patton Oswalt

Boston. !@#$ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Unfortunately, all it takes is one.

My wife was there. Luckily she finished 30 minutes before the explosions, but heard them. I will personally remove the shriveled nutsack with a butter knife of the coward / cowards that did this.

My wife is Wendy, and she's mentioned in this article on the blast:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130415/NEWS01/304150052/Runner-Explosions-sounded-like-cannons-?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|Home