Explosions at the boston marathon

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was a bomb set off in the middle of a large urban area. Add in the symbolism of the finish line and this is far more of a statement than doing it at the start. You get a lot more chaos with this location. It's also a hell of a lot easier to do it at the end. Some random non-runner with a backpack is going to stick out like a sore thumb in Hopkinton. Just about every single kid out there near Copley has a backpack full of beer, so it doesn't stand out one bit out there.

It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. If the marathon was actually cancelled seems like a larger disruption to me than what was caused yesterday.

It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. If the marathon was actually cancelled seems like a larger disruption to me than what was caused yesterday.

Ever been to a marathon? I've been to the Marine Corps Marathon twice (not run it, just supported runners), and the crowds at the start of a race would have hindered most any action. Trading a moderately larger effect for a smaller chance of success isn't necessarily a good trade.

(Which sounds awfully cold...but, well, it's an operational observation, not a moral one.)

Ever been to a marathon? I've been to the Marine Corps Marathon twice (not run it, just supported runners), and the crowds at the start of a race would have hindered most any action. Trading a moderately larger effect for a smaller chance of success isn't necessarily a good trade.

(Which sounds awfully cold...but, well, it's an operational observation, not a moral one.)

Not to mention the visibility of the whole thing. A lot more people are going to see it at 2:50 or whatever it time was vs. early in the morning. Add in the fact that you're doing it in the middle of a very busy urban area and you're sure as hell going to get a lot of attention.

We live in the least violent times in human history, including terrorism, which has been around for hundreds upon hundreds of years. At the scene yesterday, there were tons of people running TOWARD the explosions to help. Lets keep some perspective here.

This is what I think. My mother would always say "This world is going crazy" every time something like this would happen..........And, I'd say "Ma, you lived through World War II - what could be crazier than that?"

But, do you have any data to show that these are the least violent times in human history? I'd love to have some backup to what I think to be true.

http://bit.ly/YsS2N1

:nana:

This is what I think. My mother would always say "This world is going crazy" every time something like this would happen..........And, I'd say "Ma, you lived through World War II - what could be crazier than that?"

But, do you have any data to show that these are the least violent times in human history? I'd love to have some backup to what I think to be true.

Edited by The Poojer

Strange coincidence? Family Guy episode where Peter befriends a Muslim terrorist and activates two bombs and runs people over with his car at the Boston Marathon. Check it out. Turban Cowboy episode aired last month.

Wow. Event happened on April 15th. That episode is episode 15. Crazy.

Edited by NoJustice

Oklahoma City, Columbine, 9/11, Aurora, Sandy Hook: these are all just one psyche-cage-rattling event after another. And while yesterday's events are, indeed, terrifying, does anyone else think that the potential for mass-slaughter has informed the response more so than the event itself?

One life, zero lives, two lives or a thousand, it's all tragic. But I get the impression that how this event was showcased on an international stage has more to do with the "response" (I'm talking about media coverage, "news" and social alike) then the otherwise (and it's a true sign of the universe's shittiness that I'd even say this) the less-than "mass" tragedy of two lost lives.

Everyone was watching. Imagine how bad it could have been. More two than people get shot, maimed, tortured, stabbed and raped every day, yet "hearts and prayers" galore for yesterday. Trying to make sense of it. Having a hard time with it...

Edited by taC giB ehT

Strange coincidence? Family Guy episode where Peter befriends a Muslim terrorist and activates two bombs at the Boston Marathon. Check it out. Turban Cowboy episode aired last month.

Wow. Event happened on April 15th. That episode is episode 15. Crazy.

i tried you tubing the episode but its a paid episode so I couldn't. Scrolled down the list and found some crazy but job talking about it being a government conspiracy. Had some really good info on it actually.

Ma didn't have the real-time voyeurism of cable news or the internet. D-Day only lasted a day. Newton's already gone on for about four months.

i tried you tubing the episode but its a paid episode so I couldn't. Scrolled down the list and found some crazy but job talking about it being a government conspiracy. Had some really good info on it actually.

My brother and I just watched it online. Some ppl say it's really two separate episodes spliced together. Idk. What I did see was Peter running over runners in the marathon with his car and he later activates two bombs with a cell phone. Strange nonetheless.

Edited by NoJustice

My brother and I just watched it online. Some ppl say it's really two separate episodes spliced together. Idk. What I did see was Peter running over runners in the marathon with his car and he later activates two bombs with a cell phone. Strange nonetheless.

check out the crazy nut a few links down about it being faked. It's a 14min video. Some guy in a webcast or something.

oh dear lord..... really guys?

???

The response is why I wouldn't link here. Nor do I believe. Just saying that some things are being talked about by the conspiracy theorists.

Edited by mrags

???

The response is why I wouldn't link here. Nor do I believe. Just saying that some things are being talked about by the conspiracy theorists.

they likely had half the video prepped and ready before the marathon just in case something happened - better to be prepared.

is it better than their sandy hook, and aurora ones? I think they really found their sweet spot on those....

they likely had half the video prepped and ready before the marathon just in case something happened - better to be prepared.

is it better than their sandy hook, and aurora ones? I think they really found their sweet spot on those....

check you PM Saint.