UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presuming the money is reasonable ($4 million range?), this seems like a no-brainer. They definitely have a need, he's a good, durable, productive player and their timing may be really good (buyers' market).

In the Buffalo News article, it mentioned that Miami may have let him go because he didn't make big plays (forced or recovered fumbles). As we saw with Byrd's rookie year, a lot of that can be a "right place, right time" thing. For an ILB, I'd want a fundamentally sound guy who can be a 3 down player that is a tackling machine.

Removing one need position also greatly helps the drafting strategy. It would be nice to get him signed sometime between now and Friday.

I take it that since there's no deal done, we're just another team he can say is interested in him as he makes other post draft visits.

It's getting close to mini camp time. He's had plenty of time to visit other teams.

I agree that stopping the run is important but you can do it in different ways. The Pats and Saints do it by scoring a ton of points and taking the run out of play.

Fwiw, the Bills will be better against the run this year.

That's the best way to make the other team one-dimensional and it seems like yesterday when our offense put the same kind of pressure opposing teams. Barring that, I need a defense that takes care of their own business by getting off the field on their own.

I'd like to believe we'll be better against the run this year as well. And I'm comforted by the fact that our league-worst LB corp has undergone a complete transformation. But I'll believe it when I see it.

GO BILLS!!!

No it's me. Dave.

Dave's not here.

GO BILLS!!!

Not saying a deal is done, but unless there's some kind of rule that you have to announce a signing once the ink is dry it makes no sense to announce this deal until at least Friday night. Same with a potential Brandon Moore signing. Everyone knows we need a QB, but LB and Guard are also perceived needs.

Not saying a deal is done, but unless there's some kind of rule that you have to announce a signing once the ink is dry it makes no sense to announce this deal until at least Friday night. Same with a potential Brandon Moore signing. Everyone knows we need a QB, but LB and Guard are also perceived needs.

you've got a a verrrrry Good point here. In this days media coverage and twitter type explosions, I highly doubt it would or could even be key a secret until after at least round 2-3 this week. But man it would be very wise if we tried. Maybe make that part of the contract. The first rule in the contract, don't talk about the contract to anyone until...

No it's me. Dave.

Who?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Dave's not here, man.

mrags hit the nail on the head. This is the time of year when misdirection abounds, and projecting a weakness we don't have anymore would make sense.

That said, the same is true for every team that he visited.

i wouldn't think if he already signed somewhere and had some sort of gag order, that he would be visiting other teams.

Who?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Dave's not here, man.

Ear ache, my eye!

GO BILLS!!!