UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

Yeah he's comparable - got cut, over 31 yo, on the downside of career Fits the profile of a Nix dumpster dive

Torbor had 20 tackles the season before he came to Buffalo -Dansby had 134 last year. We get it you hate Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix; you mention it in every post. When you make absurd statements like the one above you lose credibility on other topics as well. No one really respects or cares to hear the opinion of someone that thinks signing Karlos Dansby and signing Reggie Torbor is basically the same thing.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's a great fit as in he fits Nix's profile of picking up discarded Miami linebackers. Remember he got Reggie Torbor Andra Davis etc etc after the 'phins let them go

nix and Branden are inept

Too bad Andra Davis never played for the Dolphins you inept fan etc etc. Try again.

Oh and that Torbor signing really lingered for.. wait, one year.

Edited by Triple Threat

Yeah he's comparable - got cut, over 31 yo, on the downside of career Fits the profile of a Nix dumpster dive

haw, such a jokester you are. I almost thought you were serious.

The only problem is the salary expectation. The guy was cut from the Dolphins because his per-year salary was $8M. Now do the Bills have enough cash to make that kind of commitment?

I don't think it will be that high. There doesn't seem to be enough teams going after him to drive the price up. At his age, I would predict a two year contract worth up to 12 mill with 7-8 guaranteed. Though my guesses aren't very good.

haw, such a jokester you are. I almost thought you were serious.

I don't think it will be that high. There doesn't seem to be enough teams going after him to drive the price up. At his age, I would predict a two year contract worth up to 12 mill with 7-8 guaranteed. Though my guesses aren't very good.

Is it really that much?I would think a day before the draft, not signed, on the street 31 year Old LB would be for no more than $2M Bonus, $7M total two year deal . But like you, my guesses are usually way off :thumbsup:

Is it really that much?I would think a day before the draft, not signed, on the street 31 year Old LB would be for no more than $2M Bonus, $7M total two year deal . But like you, my guesses are usually way off :thumbsup:

2yr. 3rd yr option. Big guarantee on the front end, $3.5mm year 1, $2mm year two with incentives.

Dansby is great. He says so himself. Repeatedly. lol... Granted, this was 2011, not 2012.

"I'm better than everybody," Dansby said when Salguero asked if he thought he was better than Ray Lewis. "Everybody. Period. Point blank. I just haven't had the recognition, man. I'm more versatile than everybody. Period. Point blank. I'm more versatile than everybody. Hands down. I can do it all."

"I can do it all. Nobody else can say they've done that and played at a high level. Nobody else. Everybody plays weak-side or play under at the Mike. I've done it all. I can press the guard. I watch film. I know how good I am."

Dansby, who's come down in weight from the offseason thanks to a bison diet (no, really) believes that the best is yet to come. He had nine solo tackles and a pick against the Redskins.

"I've been having more opportunities the last couple of weeks, and I've been making the most of my chances. This is by far the best game I've had in Miami.

"What didn't I do?"

Signing Dansby will allow them to go QB, WR or G (if we trade down) or dare I say TE (assuming trade down again) in the first. Means they won't feel the pressure to go LB (which was where I thought they shoud go) unless Jordan mysteriously and wonderfully drops to us. Dansby is a legit starting ILB who can teach Shep and Bradham so they're ready to take over in a year or two. Smart signing if we can make the deal work.

Can we compare him to Kirk Morrison?

i would say no... Dansby is much better. aside from the comparable tackles numbers, Dansby has 31.5 career sacks, while Morrison has 6. Dansby 48 Passes defended, while Morrison has 20. Seems to me like Dansby is better at both coverage and pass-rushing. Even if he starts his decline, he's declining from a much higher starting point.

Signing Dansby will allow them to go QB, WR or G (if we trade down) or dare I say TE (assuming trade down again) in the first. Means they won't feel the pressure to go LB (which was where I thought they shoud go) unless Jordan mysteriously and wonderfully drops to us. Dansby is a legit starting ILB who can teach Shep and Bradham so they're ready to take over in a year or two. Smart signing if we can make the deal work.

i don't think they were ever going LB early. There are plenty of bodies there... Dansby would be a nice upgrade over Sheppard, but with Lawson/Mario/Bradham as other starters the position is in decent shape.

CB is still a major need and I would be shocked if they didn't grab one in first 4 picks. And not surprised at all if it was in the first 1 or 2. You need 3 good ones, and right now McKelvin is #2 and Brooks is #3.

Edited by Brainiac21

i would think that if dansby is going to be playing for an nfl team this year it will be for considerably less than 8 mil per year.

Yes, the question is how much less.

We get it you hate Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix; you mention it in every post.

Actually he hates someone called "Branden." Must be a different guy because he's been corrected a few times now and still talks about this Branden guy.

There doesn't seem to be enough teams going after him to drive the price up. At his age, I would predict a two year contract worth up to 12 mill with 7-8 guaranteed. Though my guesses aren't very good.

I think less than that.

Dansby is great. He says so himself. Repeatedly. lol... Granted, this was 2011, not 2012.

"I'm better than everybody," Dansby said when Salguero asked if he thought he was better than Ray Lewis. "Everybody. Period. Point blank. I just haven't had the recognition, man. I'm more versatile than everybody. Period. Point blank. I'm more versatile than everybody. Hands down. I can do it all."

"I can do it all. Nobody else can say they've done that and played at a high level. Nobody else. Everybody plays weak-side or play under at the Mike. I've done it all. I can press the guard. I watch film. I know how good I am."

Dansby, who's come down in weight from the offseason thanks to a bison diet (no, really) believes that the best is yet to come. He had nine solo tackles and a pick against the Redskins.

"I've been having more opportunities the last couple of weeks, and I've been making the most of my chances. This is by far the best game I've had in Miami.

"What didn't I do?"

:cry:

Th

Why has he been out there this long?

Because he wants big money still. This makes way too much sense to happen. I've been calling for this since the Fins released him. Also, goes to show that fans overreacting to FAcy is a joke. IF you would have told me we could Elerbee (however you spell it) or Dansby for less, it's a no brainer. But since I'm excited for it, it won't happen.

Why has he been out there this long?

Th

Because he wants big money still. This makes way too much sense to happen. I've been calling for this since the Fins released him. Also, goes to show that fans overreacting to FAcy is a joke. IF you would have told me we could Elerbee (however you spell it) or Dansby for less, it's a no brainer. But since I'm excited for it, it won't happen.

Or because his visit started today? Officially?

If I'm Dansby's agent, I have an aging but still productive LB I would do exactly what they're doing:

1. Put an inordinately high asking price out there until the draft. Let his production numbers and video highlights speak for themselves. (They're both impressive)

2. After the draft there will be a few teams that targeted LB's in the draft but never got them for whatever reason. Usually the Best Player Available teams fall in this category, teams that need LB help but wouldn't deviate from the draft board rankings for need.

3. Wait for the phone to ring when the draft is over, play the top two teams who show the most interest against each other to get the contract that has the most guaranteed money. I would guess a 3 year deal, $5m guaranteed, worth 10 if he plays it out.

From what I remember of this dude playing against us, he is a force out there.

And his muscles are made from Buffalo meat.........