UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

money and age were the reason he's not in miami, its probably why he hasn't been signed. the price might be too high

Actually it was money. He is a great inside LBer in the 3-4. They were shocked down here when they signed Ellerbe and let him go. He will be a great pick up if he decides to sign. Was wondering what ther deal was with him....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus open a big hole for Dansby to slip in and get a sack right up the middle of the opposing offense.

I'd like to see them guys close big holes 1st.

31-year-old, so he has a couple good years left of play while a rookie gets seasoning on the PS and ST. This has huge implications for what the Bills can do to offense in the draft. They can spend 3 of the first 4 picks on offense (I figure one pick's a CB), then draft a more raw LB in RD 5-6.

A couple of ILBs could slip into the 5th-6th for various reasons.

• Bruce Taylor ILB Virginia Tech 6'2" 244 - Lisfranc injury drops him here, so recovery time + schooling in Pettine defense=Dansby.
  • Albert Rosette ILB Nevada 6'2" 245 - Mountain West, 128 tackles, Wolf Pack's top run stopper, good player on bad team
  • Keith Pough OLB Howard 6'2" 241 - Another Lisfranc surgery guy. My favorite LB on the back end of the draft.

Dansby would be a nice addition. Plus a two day visit should be a positive sign.

Actually it was money. He is a great inside LBer in the 3-4. They were shocked down here when they signed Ellerbe and let him go. He will be a great pick up if he decides to sign. Was wondering what ther deal was with him....

im iffy on some of the analytics sites but he graded out better than ellerbe... just older, really. well, that and he seemed to upset the new coaching regime by mouthing off a few times.

Interesting timing. I expected him to wait until after the draft and target teams that may not have gotten the LB help they wanted.

He may well still wait until the weekend to sign, but its nice to see the Bills being proactive (an hopefully not acting as a stalking horse again).

im iffy on some of the analytics sites but he graded out better than ellerbe... just older, really. well, that and he seemed to upset the new coaching regime by mouthing off a few times.

That correct, he was very outspoken regarding the Chad Johnson issues but never challenged the office per se, at least not publicly. Ellerbe was a product of a very good system IMO and we wills ee what he is made up. Miami has a good def nucleus.

This is VERY good. Dansby can play and will not be caught out of position like Shep. One less hole to fill this weekend. If we sign Dansby, I'm thinking Marrone and Hackett will be given some reign to draft their toys and build an offense with. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the QB discussions. I don't know a lot about Matt Scott but he looks like a beast. Very Kaep like, but maybe not built for what we want to do on offense. I'm thinking Nassib or Barkley fit the mold with Bray as a safety valve in case they don't draft a QB in round 1.

Not sure if this is accurate but I've been wanting Ogletree (and Jordan even though he's not an ILB) for a while now at 8 if we didn't trade down for our QB...I'm wondering if because the Jets got an extra 1st rounder and there's a greater chance they take a QB this shifts Nix and companies mindset to just say screw it and take the QB they want at 8 instead of risking losing 1 or all 3 of the QBs they have targeted with a trade down...

More than anything, this implies they are looking to go mostly offense early. I like it. I've wondered why he and Moore (G - Jets)haven't been brought in as FA's. They'd both fit nicely as give us a little time until next year. I think it's definitely QB rd 1, WR rd 2, TE rd 3, CB rd 4 - or CB rd 3 and TE rd 4 - as Astro suggested.