UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheppard is awful. Would love to see this happen. If they trade out of 8 the draft sets up nicely for QB and WR in the late first round. If they stay at 8 then it will be Warmack or Cooper. Don't see MLB as an option at 8 and would hate to see MLB at 41 if they have not addressed OL, QB, WR by then. No good WR's on the FA market either.

Even if we were to get Dansby, I think we still need to bring in 2 more LBers this offseason, most likely via the draft. I really thought Pettine would have brought Bart Scott in as a cheap FA to teach the other guys, but I also thought Marrone would surely bring in Moore (Guard - Jets). Anyway, if we sign Dansby I would say that makes our lineup Lawson, Dansby, Bradham, and Williams - and that is if Mario is being used at OLB.

Anderson would be Mario's backup, that Philly kid would be Bradham's backup, Sheppard would be Dansby's backup, but who would be backing up Lawson? I think we need another tall OLB who can run - unless they'd try to play Scott there, as a backup?

Anyway, Dansby would be terrific, but I still think it'd be a draft priority within the first 4 or 5 rounds, unless the Bills think they can get kids with potential even into the 6th round and UDFA...

The only other really pressing needs would be TE and WR - one of each and we'd be about as set at those positions as we would be at LB with the addition of Dansby - that is, enough guys to line up with on Sunday, but not deep.

We'll be drafting a CB in the first 4 rounds IMO. Maybe in the 1st

Cant disagree with that. But either way, picking up Dansby would give the Bills more wiggle room in the draft. He will also be a solid performer on the field. Although, I see the Bills going Nassib, WR, TE, then CB. They need to pick up a TE and there are a few good ones in this draft class.

Yeah he's a great fit as in he fits Nix's profile of picking up discarded Miami linebackers. Remember he got Reggie Torbor Andra Davis etc etc after the 'phins let them go

nix and Branden are inept

Nope... he's a 3 downer. Not outstanding in coverage, but definitely no slouch. He is quite outspoken and had several disagreements with the Miami DC last season.

He's a 3 down LB.

We'll see.

There's the past, and then there's the future.

I'll volunteer when they start taking free agent recruits to Rick's Tally Ho. What're the odds I run into Luke Russert's mom?

Working the pole?!?!?!?!

Cant disagree with that. But either way, picking up Dansby would give the Bills more wiggle room in the draft. He will also be a solid performer on the field. Although, I see the Bills going Nassib, WR, TE, then CB. They need to pick up a TE and there are a few good ones in this draft class.

With all their other needs, I don't really expect them to draft a TE with one of their 6 picks.

I do think Safety is a possibility, especially considering this draft is supposed to be strong in Safeties.

Was that the place just north of Hertel?

I know I was in there once, and maybe twice.

Also there was that place on Hertel near Starin, The Colony?

i managed my dads shop on delaware near Flays in the late 70s....'occasionally' we stumbled into there after work...cough....

-i also lived fairly near hertel and starin--on Jewett.....the Colony??? sounds familiar...ill have to ponder that one

Yeah he's a great fit as in he fits Nix's profile of picking up discarded Miami linebackers. Remember he got Reggie Torbor Andra Davis etc etc after the 'phins let them go

nix and Branden are inept

Are you really comparing Dansby to these two guys?

The only problem is the salary expectation. The guy was cut from the Dolphins because his per-year salary was $8M. Now do the Bills have enough cash to make that kind of commitment?

Dansby would be a very good fit, not a perfect fit. But he's surely someone we should be pursuing IMO. Sheppard cannot be counted on. Dansy is still pretty darn good and maybe still very good. He won't be signing for anything close to his 8m contract that MIA decided not to pay. I really hope we will go after him. There are still a couple of interesting LBs left. Brad Jones, Victor Butler, etc. We need one or two of them.

This :thumbsup:

Even if we were to get Dansby, I think we still need to bring in 2 more LBers this offseason, most likely via the draft. I really thought Pettine would have brought Bart Scott in as a cheap FA to teach the other guys, but I also thought Marrone would surely bring in Moore (Guard - Jets). Anyway, if we sign Dansby I would say that makes our lineup Lawson, Dansby, Bradham, and Williams - and that is if Mario is being used at OLB.

Anderson would be Mario's backup, that Philly kid would be Bradham's backup, Sheppard would be Dansby's backup, but who would be backing up Lawson? I think we need another tall OLB who can run - unless they'd try to play Scott there, as a backup?

Anyway, Dansby would be terrific, but I still think it'd be a draft priority within the first 4 or 5 rounds, unless the Bills think they can get kids with potential even into the 6th round and UDFA...

The only other really pressing needs would be TE and WR - one of each and we'd be about as set at those positions as we would be at LB with the addition of Dansby - that is, enough guys to line up with on Sunday, but not deep.

We need better players. The coaches can teach.

The only problem is the salary expectation. The guy was cut from the Dolphins because his per-year salary was $8M. Now do the Bills have enough cash to make that kind of commitment?

i would think that if dansby is going to be playing for an nfl team this year it will be for considerably less than 8 mil per year.