QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Released

t317

from Ryan F to Ryan N?

looks like we take a QB in R1 or R2 of the draft

Just heard on NFL radio that Buffalo was officially looking at Nassib at 8. So sad... Guy will be there at 80, of whatever our 3rd pick is. Guy could be there in the 4th

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard on NFL radio that Buffalo was officially looking at Nassib at 8. So sad... Guy will be there at 80, of whatever our 3rd pick is. Guy could be there in the 4th

We turned in the card already?!? Can't we wait til the draft is over at least to B word about who we picked?

Let me ask a question. These 'experts' say so and so isn't worth X pick. But guys like Capernick, Wilson, Brady would have been picked VERY high had anyone been able to scout them worth a damn. Point being who says Nassib isn't our guy that finally breaks the playoff funk?

How would you feel if we didn't pick him at #8 and took say a WR or LB and the guy gets taken late first by someone or earlier 2nd by an Oakland, Arizona etc and the kid has them contending year in and year out?

If they think with this coaching staff and this system he is the guy, then you take him at #8 and don't screw around.

So you're saying without Fitz we are the worst team in the league. Sorry but that could be us with Fitz.

No way. Fitz was a serviceable starting QB in this league. We will suck ass in a big way this season unless we hit on our "QB of the future" draft pick. Based on the QBs that are out there, I'm going to go with "suck ass in a big way this season."

That's just rumor garbage...The Bills are looking to bail out of #8 and get extra picks anyway...Now...They may go ahead and take the QB with whatever 1st Round pick they end up with...But I think it's a long, long, long shot that they will take a QB at #8 not named Geno...Who knows though...If they have that type of conviction about Nassib than so-be-it...He better be awfully good though...He better shock the world... B-)

Given the choice of Fitzpatrick versus T. Jackson and an unknown QB yet to be selected in the draft, I'd take Fitzpatrick. To say this is addition by subtraction at this point makes absolutely no sense to me.

You can't turn a bad Starter into a good starter...A young guy would be a change and a fresh start...Maybe he will be good, maybe he won't, but why keep a guy when you know he sucks...That would make NO sense to me!!!

I wonder if these same players were laughing when the original contract was signed?

My guess is no. It was probably OK when he got the big money, not so much when he sucked and got cut.

No way. Fitz was a serviceable starting QB in this league. We will suck ass in a big way this season unless we hit on our "QB of the future" draft pick. Based on the QBs that are out there, I'm going to go with "suck ass in a big way this season."

You lost me when you said he was a serviceable QB. He flat out sucked. Nice guy, terrible QB. Good riddance.

I think its funny that so many fans hated the guy, and yet had forgotten what it was like with Trent Edwards dumping the ball off to the RB's constantly. So ends the love / hate affair with Fitz.

Now, fans will get a good look at exactly how effective that O line will be W/O Fitz and his 1.5 second release.

The vicious cycle of ineptitude continues at OBD. The crafty old stodge hires a hick as GM, who in turn hires a moron, who in turn marries a backup QB...dadgumit!

Where are all the " Fitz is a great QB but I think I heard he has a bad rib" posters?

I've only seen less than a handful of people defend Fitz after this season. If you were making a joke about last year at this time then, ha...

Edited by Marcellosaurus

the travaris jackson era begins today!

yeah suck ass in a big way it is

I've only seen less than a handful of people defend Fitz after this season. If you were making a joke about last year at this time then, ha...

All though the second half of the 2011 season his apologists [and there were plenty] where saying once he healed his never confirmed.

bad rib he would be great. They did disappear in 2012 yes but I find the contrast between the "sign Fitz now!!" days and the hip hip horay! he's gone on here today remarkable

We will look back on this day in October, November, December and critique this decision based on the record of the team and the level of QB play that the Bills get. To me, I don't see why they couldn't have restructured with the 3million roster bonus being factored in. I also look at it as why Buddy didn't negotiate the roster bonus to be June 1st instead of March 12th.

As much as we can say the Fritzy did poor last year, Buddy should have drafted a QB last year at some point. Buddy is running the ship into the ground

Oh he'll weasel his way back by taking a pay cut. Who else would sign him?

:flirt: Have you looked at the FA QB market this year? Flacco and Moore resigned. Garrard to the Jets. Campbell available still (?) but Bears have made him an offer.

Tarvaris Jackson signed with us. I think that leaves Drew Stanton, Seneca Wallace, and a bunch of even lesser-known guys.

He'll get a number of offers, possibly 1-2 where he might compete for the starting job.

I think its funny that so many fans hated the guy, and yet had forgotten what it was like with Trent Edwards dumping the ball off to the RB's constantly. So ends the love / hate affair with Fitz.

Now, fans will get a good look at exactly how effective that O line will be W/O Fitz and his 1.5 second release.

The vicious cycle of ineptitude continues at OBD. The crafty old stodge hires a hick as GM, who in turn hires a moron, who in turn marries a backup QB...dadgumit!

I know. How will the Bills ever win 6 games again?

:flirt: Have you looked at the FA QB marketthis year? Flacco and Moore resigned. Garrard to the Jets. Campbell available still (?) but Bears have made him an offer.

Tarvaris Jackson signed with us. I think that leaves Drew Stanton, Seneca Wallace, and a bunch of even lesser-known guys.

He'll get a number of offers, possibly 1-2 where he might compete for the starting job.

Re:(D.S.), I'd go with him over TJ or a rookie. to be honest. TJ isn't good although he looked okay in Seattle for a season (when he was injured too). I am a little bit disappointed that Fitz truly fizzled out after the contract. He had some great moments and bad coaching. Gailey's schemes may have benefited him at times but making him out to be anything more than Fitz and putting games on his shoulders was always a mistake. Plus he just never had a decent D. I admit I still had hope for Ryan going into last season but after the 5 or 6th game I wanted him on the bench. I still am not sure that was on him or Gailey. But enough was enough.

I was on the fence about bringing him back, seems to me they did what they should/could. I thought they would save the cash and cut ties.

So thanks for being the best QB we have had here since Drew and good luck in your next misadventures Fitzy. You are truly a warrior w/ heart and brains and a good guy, I'd work on that arm some more if I were you. Dunno, go throw the ball through some intertubes all summer moving further and further away or something.

BTW Fitz is why you look for big hands on your QB.

NEXT!

I was under the impression that they could only split the cap hit if they cut him some time after the bonus was payed out -- like March 21 or something? Or maybe they only had to cut him after the start of the league year, in which case they can split it. Could a capologist weigh in?

Though not a cap expert.....I have a pretty good handle on this.

The new NFL year started on March 12. Fitz's roster bonus was due on March 13.

Cutting Fitz before March 12.....meant that the full 10m left of his amortized money would hit as dead cap in the 2013 year.

Cutting Fitz on March 12.....meant that the 2013 amortized money amount(3m) counts in the 2013 year......and the remaining 7m would hit as dead cap in the 2014 year.

Cutting Fitz after March 12.....would have meant the same as cutting him on March 12......with an additional payment on 3m(both in cash & cap) for the 2013 year.

When I saw this confirmed the other day, it became not only obvious what the Bills would do, but showed that even though the Fitz contract was terrible, it wasn't structured as badly as originally thought.

The man who made the business decision to give Fitz this contract should have been fired. It's a joke he still has a job! Fitz's release is confirmation it was a very bad decision. In what other business would an exec make such a horrible decision and still be employed (sure, on Wall Street he would have gotten a bonus and in DC he would have been relected--but I mean aside from those places!!).