Carson Palmer?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Raiders outright release him I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a two year deal less than 5 million per. I think T.Jackson sucks and I much rather have Palmer be the veteran stop gap guy as opposed to Jackson. Also as a one year type deal I am not opposed to Palmer much better QB class next year.

Bring him in.... 1-2 yrs a decent Oline a solid Rushing attack and i think hed be better then any other option we have.

But due to recent inactivity.... I say we can talk till were blue in the face and it wont happen. Just my opinion!

eaglesb_logo.gifPhiladelphia Eagles: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia WestVirginia_logo.gif

This is not the surprise pick I promised on Twitter (@walterfootball), but I am going with Geno Smith to the Eagles.

It's no secret Philadelphia has serious interest in Smith. Sal Paolantonio first spoke of it on 97.5 the Fanatic. "From what I'm hearing the Eagles are serous about Geno Smith and it's not a smokescreen. They're dead serious," he said.

The Eagles then sent their entire contingent to West Virginia's Pro Day. I might as well capitalize ENTIRE because owner Jeffrey Lurie was there too. Lurie has only visited one draft prospect as the Eagles' head boss. That was Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles' interest in Smith shouldn't be a surprise. They need a quarterback - the current starter will be around for only one year, while Nick Foles doesn't fit the offense - and Smith would be perfect in Chip Kelly's scheme.

http://walterfootbal...m/draft2013.php

SiriusXM NFL Radio

Scott Pioli on Matt Barkley: My biggest concern is his arm strength. Every ball he throws has some arc on it and the ball needs to be thrown on a line consistently.

Oakland #3, Philadelphia #4 picks , I'll stay with EJ or wait till 2014 if Geno and EJ are gone by our 8th pick. I would not gamble and trade up this draft.

Edited by independent

Arizona is waiting to grab him "IF" the Raiders release him as he would suit their offense.

So, should the Raiders give him up then you can expect them to tab Geno Smith in the draft. If the Cards don't land Palmer then perhaps expect Barkley to be gone by the 8th pick. just my 2 cents

I have always been a huge fan of Palmer, and when the Raiders let him go, I think we should pick him up for league minimum. We could start him this season and take a QB next season in the draft, heck... we might even win a Super Bowl in the process. Spare me with all the HATE I am about to receive for this post... He will take us to where we need to go and set us up for the future, IMO! :thumbsup:

I really think people don't understand what kind of arm this guy has... It's stronger than both Manning and Brady... When it gets windy he has the ability to slice through it like a sharp knife going through Lindberg cheese! All you have to do it watch his time in Cincy... the man was a magician with a football and the Raiders totally under utilized his talents for the last couple of years, he has some years left... that's all I'm trying to say!

I really think people don't understand what kind of arm this guy has... It's stronger than both Manning and Brady... When it gets windy he has the ability to slice through it like a sharp knife going through Lindberg cheese! All you have to do it watch his time in Cincy... the man was a magician with a football and the Raiders totally under utilized his talents for the last couple of years, he has some years left... that's all I'm trying to say!

My biggest problem with Palmer is his lack of leadership. I have never seen him take responsibility and take charge of the team. He always seemed to play second-fiddle. And the guy who said "sign for Veteran Minimum" is smoking something really hot...The guy is refusing to take a pay cut from 10M....I definitely can see Arizona sign him to a 5-7M a year with incentives deal.

My biggest problem with Palmer is his lack of leadership. I have never seen him take responsibility and take charge of the team. He always seemed to play second-fiddle. And the guy who said "sign for Veteran Minimum" is smoking something really hot...The guy is refusing to take a pay cut from 10M....I definitely can see Arizona sign him to a 5-7M a year with incentives deal.

I would beg to differ... please read this... Palmer Will Play for Less

I doubt he would sign with us as bad as we are. I think he signed with the Raiders because of the SoCal thing. Coming and playing in Buffalo (one of the worst teams in the leagu) is probably not on his bucket list. However, I'm all for it! He'd be a quality bridge til next year and can then help mentor a rookie QB for a year or two. I do not like any of the QBs in this draft and would rather they get a decent veteran. They'll need to add two QBs anyway and I'd hope one of them would be a veteran with plenty of experience.

I have always been a huge fan of Palmer, and when the Raiders let him go, I think we should pick him up for league minimum. We could start him this season and take a QB next season in the draft, heck... we might even win a Super Bowl in the process. Spare me with all the HATE I am about to receive for this post... He will take us to where we need to go and set us up for the future, IMO! :thumbsup:

its funny you think Palmer would sign for the minimum to start with the Bills when backups are getting 3 mil on good teams

pass

We currently do not have a bona fide QB on the roster, I would take a washed up veteran even if he is used as a mentor to whatever we draft, Don't take Nassib in the first, see what is available in the 2nd, and let em wrestle it out in camp. If we suck (most likely) we will be drafting early next year where there are at least 3 starting caliber QBs available in the draft. If the draft pick from this year has promise, but we still suck? Get Jadaveon Clowney as your consolation prize if the 2013 QB pick is solid.

Drew Bledsoe lite.

Well, not exactly... Drew was someone who didn't like Buffalo from the beginning, because he played for a Super Bowl winning team prior to getting shipped(and probably rightfully should have gotten his job back in NE) and Carson has been exiled to that team called the RAIDERS and would probably do anything to get off that island... and might I add has a MORE LIVE arm than what Bledsoe had when he got here!

We currently do not have a bona fide QB on the roster, I would take a washed up veteran even if he is used as a mentor to whatever we draft, Don't take Nassib in the first, see what is available in the 2nd, and let em wrestle it out in camp. If we suck (most likely) we will be drafting early next year where there are at least 3 starting caliber QBs available in the draft. If the draft pick from this year has promise, but we still suck? Get Jadaveon Clowney as your consolation prize if the 2013 QB pick is solid.

Yeah! What he said! Folks, we have NOBODY on the team right now that plays QB. TJax. Really!?!? He was a healthy scratch on a bad team with bad quarterbacking. A vetern like Palmer is a neccesity at this point. We need warm bodies. We need competition. We need some degree of talent at QB. Palmer provides that. The question is - at what price and will he come to BFLO?

I don't think Carson Palmer was the problem on Oakland actually, he had a pretty good season, that team just isn't that good. He would be a good stop-gap to let a rookie learn the ropes. I know I know, there are plenty of examples where college players stepped right in and did a great job last year, but that, to me, over the bigger picture, is the exception rather than the rule. This year just happened to have more than one that made the leap easily.

I'm for Palmer, and believe he has more in the tank than many give him credit for. Better than any QB we've had in the last 10 years. Why not?

Edited by HamSandwhich

He's better than anyone they have now or have had in several years. If they can't get who they want in the draft or pick someone who isn't ready to start day one (hey, remember when rookie QBs held a clipboard for a year or two?), he would be as good as is available as a 1-2 year stop gap.

There is zero chance of this happening. If Palmer is looking at $5-6M (plus $3m in dead $ from Fitz) we are talking about the same $ as keeping Fitz. Over the last 3 seasons that they have played their numbers have been similar. The decision has been made to turn the page and it is the right decision. They are not pursuing a 30 something QB that hasn't been good in a decade.

There is zero chance of this happening. If Palmer is looking at $5-6M (plus $3m in dead $ from Fitz) we are talking about the same $ as keeping Fitz. Over the last 3 seasons that they have played their numbers have been similar. The decision has been made to turn the page and it is the right decision. They are not pursuing a 30 something QB that hasn't been good in a decade.

Like I said, I think he could and would play for league minimum at this stage in his career... plus, he would have a shot at winning right away!

I don't think Carson Palmer was the problem on Oakland actually, he had a pretty good season, that team just isn't that good. He would be a good stop-gap to let a rookie learn the ropes. I know I know, there are plenty of examples where college players stepped right in and did a great job last year, but that, to me, over the bigger picture, is the exception rather than the rule. This year just happened to have more than one that made the leap easily.

I'm for Palmer, and believe he has more in the tank than many give him credit for. Better than any QB we've had in the last 10 years. Why not?

Guy seems like a real D-bag

http://profootballta...n-palmer-drama/

he was a huge problem in oakland........INT after INT.........Carson stinks IMO.

seems like a huge D-bag..........."i wanna play for a contender" guess what happens though Carson, once you suit up they are no longer a contender.

Guy seems like a real D-bag

http://profootballta...n-palmer-drama/

I don't think he has anything left, but now people are criticizing him for taking way less money so he can win?

He didn't really choose the Raiders, so to say he quit on them (like he owed them something) is silly. Why should anyone have to play for crap teams their entire career, and then be criticized for taking less money because they want to win? "A guy that puts winning ahead of money", sounds like the right attitude to me.

He isn't coming to Buffalo.