Carson Palmer?

I keep hearing about the 2014 draft class of QB's, If Manziel has a down year or opts not to enter the draft as a red-shirt sophomore then the class doesn't look very inspiring right now. That could change.......as we know, Barkley was a consensus top 5 pick last year had he come out and coming into this season it looked like Barkley and Logan Thomas were destined to be the top 2 picks in this draft. Didn't pan out that way, but the talent at QB in this draft may not have any Andrew Luck's but there ar still some worthwhile prospects with a lot of talent.

Barkley is going to have a better pro career than Manziel. Holding out a year, in the hope that Manziel will be available for the Bills to select, and that he will be a good pro, is DREAMING.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Flynn in a hand full of starts has looked really good, including setting packer single game passing yards and TD records. So the prevailing "wisdom" on this board, is that means he's really bad.

I think it's been entirely too long since we've acquired a 7th round backup qb for two different teams who's flashed a little in spot duty and has a heart bigger than his arm and given him 10m a year to start for us. Hopefully this time it'll cost us a draft pick too.

Actually, no, no he doesn't. New staff has made it clear its not a lock to be Fitz job, that its an open competition with at least TJ. So the premise that a palmer would be brought in to replace Fitz is flawed, since its not currently Fitz position and may never be again, palmer or not.

C'mon dude....

I haven't seen anything written about him lately other than the speculation that the Raiders are interested in Geno Smith because him and Pryor are similar type QB, mobile, athletic, etc, etc and Palmer is not and would be the odd man out because of the escalators in his contract. If so would there be any interest in Palmer?

Keep in mind that the Raiders are $0.5 million over the cap according to this site. They owe Palmer $13 million this year and would save almost $6 million by cutting him.

They are kinda in a cleft stick I would think

I just don't get this. If Palmer can make every throw to run a "legit" pro style attack, how has Fitz outperformed him (or at the very least had very similar #'s) the last 2yrs?

I'll look at the play on the field as well: Raiders are drafting before the bills.

Because fitz isn't asked to run a legit pro style attack. 1-10 yard passes all day long. Maybe a couple deep passes to "keep the defense honest", even though they pray fitz throws deep. The bills have a much better OL, RBs (McFadden was banged up all year) and if you can believe it, WRs. Fritzs team had a better record than Matt stafford.....so that makes him better too? There are more variables than w/l and stats when discussing who a better QB is, especially when they play for horrid teams. Hey look, Brandon Weedon had a better record than Matt stafford, that means he's better. Makes sense.

I keep hearing about the 2014 draft class of QB's, If Manziel has a down year or opts not to enter the draft as a red-shirt sophomore then the class doesn't look very inspiring right now. That could change.......as we know, Barkley was a consensus top 5 pick last year had he come out and coming into this season it looked like Barkley and Logan Thomas were destined to be the top 2 picks in this draft. Didn't pan out that way, but the talent at QB in this draft may not have any Andrew Luck's but there ar still some worthwhile prospects with a lot of talent.

2014 Draft Class has Aj McCarron, Teddy Bridgewater, Taji Boyd , Murray and Manziel is coming out for sure barring injury. Manziel doesnt even go to class, all his classes online.

2014 QB's class is much better then this

Bills should wait till next yr to draft a QB

I haven't seen anything written about him lately other than the speculation that the Raiders are interested in Geno Smith because him and Pryor are similar type QB, mobile, athletic, etc, etc and Palmer is not and would be the odd man out because of the escalators in his contract. If so would there be any interest in Palmer?

Hell yeah, he'd be better than the backups we have now, he could fill for a couple years until a new QB develops.

2014 Draft Class has Aj McCarron, Teddy Bridgewater, Taji Boyd , Murray and Manziel is coming out for sure barring injury. Manziel doesnt even go to class, all his classes online.

2014 QB's class is much better then this

Bills should wait till next yr to draft a QB

Barkley and Geno would still rank in the top tier of that QB class.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Hell to the NO... IMO, Campbell played better than Palmer did, before getting hurt, and I wouldn't take him either. Garrard is the veteran I've always preferred. He's got that Crohn's disease, but his arm and accuracy are still good. -Looks like the Jets will sign him. Oh, well..

I was just wondering the other day what happened to Garrard. He had that season where he threw something 4 INt's all year with the Jags, then fell off the face of the earth.

He played for the Raiders, remember Randy Moss on the Raiders?

Id take him in a heartbeat. Id even take his redonkulous contract. I admit he is not that great and over the hill but he is still two times better than Fitz.

At this stage I think we need a stop-gap QB. Most people dont like any QB in this draft. I only like one and I dont like enough to take him in the 1st round, and I think he will be gone by our 2nd round pick.

I would try anyone - anyone - over another year with Fitz.

Why not Flynn?

What? What the heck is Fitz if not a stop gap? So your bright solution is to get rid of him, eat his contract and then...sign another guy just like him? Please explain, what the hell is the point of that?

What? What the heck is Fitz if not a stop gap? So your bright solution is to get rid of him, eat his contract and then...sign another guy just like him? Please explain, what the hell is the point of that?

Maybe his point is to have a slightly better quarterback so we go 7-9 this year instead of 5-11 and still miss the playoffs and have a worse draft position?

Likelihood of Raiders drafting a QB ahead of us just sky-rocketed.

Anyone that thought that they weren't likely to do so before was just indulging in wishful thinking. As far as signing Carson goes I guess it can't hurt. They need someone to throw out there as the starter.